Samoa Joe's TNA status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
As previously reported, Samoa Joe's contract with TNA was finished before last night's PPV. Word is that Joe signed something last night, before the PPV, but it is unclear if it was a new long-term contract or just a short-term deal. Joe is scheduled to work the TV tapings this week.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

The short term deal was until Wednesday.

Rumors of Joe jumping to the WWE and ROH are running wild.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I feel that Joe is gonna go back to the indies, or work overseas... I however would love to see him in the WWE. I am not sure how well his current shape would go over with the WWE higher ups, but I am sure his buddies Punk and Johnny Cena could put in a good word for him. And the potential for awesome WWE matches are abound; Bryan, Kaval, Punk, Jericho... The possibilites are endless.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Joe is the epitome of 'TNA-soiled goods' - I just cannot see Joe being signed by WWE.

As for Wolfe however, get on the case Vinny!

Reaction score
Man I'd kill if they teamed him up with Husky Harris. Could totally change the perception of fatboys in wrestling and reinvigorate the tag division if they were snarly, bullyish heels.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Joe could legit be the best thing to happen to WWE in years. He's about 1/8th of what he used to be and could still be, but his character and himself just have the "It" factor that superstars are made of. And WWE desperately needs a badass running around that people can get behind on a bigger level. Cena's not cool enough, Orton isn't good enough, Undertaker and Trips are too old and worn down, and Sheamus is too damaged at this point, he could be that guy too eventually though if booked a little better.

Can't see WWE wanting him though, he's too fat.

As far as the indies go, it's a real shame that TNA's been so horrible to him that he would have less demand now than before he was ever in national TV. Don't really know where he could go to be honest.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I think Joe could be a fuckin' star in Japan tbh... I am not big on Japan, but a guy with the reputation and size of a Samoe Joe I am sure could be a top draw/star overseas. Maybe someone like Enzo or HTK who are far more informed on how Japan wrestling is could enlighten me, but from my understanding American workers who are average at best are big stars, and Joe who is IMO much better than guys like A-Train and Tomko could easily be a Cena-esque name over there

McFly...

Reaction score
Man he should go to Mexico. Same as Japan, average workers are stars down there. Just ask Mark Jindrak. TNA complains about his weight, he works with some of the luchadors in Mexico and he'll lose some pounds.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Joe's friendship with Cena may pay off for him, SIGN WITH WWE JOE!

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^What's the deal with those 2? .....They cross paths before becoming known or sumthin'?

(Sorry if this is common knowledge...)

chessarmy

Reaction score
All I know is that they're somehow friends, must have started before Cena got huge

Airfixx

Reaction score
Pre-OVW would be my guess, but in what fed (if any) is indeed the crux of my interest.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I think it was called like UWA or something. WWE's early 2000 feeder system in California Cena and Joe were at. But yes, Joe and Cena are buddies.

Veritas

Reaction score
The trained together, along with Kazarian and Daniels, at Rick Bassman's Ultimate Pro Wrestling, in SoCal. WWE had ALOT of guys come out of UPW. It's the school that was featured in the Discovery Channel documentary in the early 2000s.