Samantha Irvin leaving

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Guess it all depends on what you define as making it because it's nowhere near as safe a bet as you seem to be making it out

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Guess it all depends on what you define as making it because it's nowhere near as safe a bet as you seem to be making it out
Yeah not sure why everyone just assumes she’s gonna be successful outside of WWE. Plenty of talented people don’t get famous.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It’s better than assuming the worst

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It’s better than assuming the worst
I’m just going based on statistics. The majority of people that want and try to be famous don’t make it unfortunately.

That being said WWE has turned out a number of stars outside the industry so maybe.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Her stick has raised w wwe fame but ya she was on AGT almost 10 years ago. It us rare to get famous in music as you age

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Assuming either way is silly, but it’s better to be positive than negative. Being negative comes off as bitter that she left the WWE (not saying you are bitter, just how it comes off). Be positive, and hope for the best for her.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She has a great stand out voice in the wrestling world but going back into the music world she's just another fish in a gigantic pond. I don't mean that as she's not talented before someone tries spinning it that way either but as long as she finds happiness in whatever level she makes it to, good on her I say.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think it's negative to point out its a very difficult industry to break into. I do respect cwalkers enthusiasm though.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't think it's negative to point out its a very difficult industry to break into. I do respect cwalkers enthusiasm though.
I still think it’s better to just be positive and hope for the best. Like look at Dale’s post, he points out how hard it is, but at the same time says whatever she finds if it makes her happy good. That’s really all I meant to Sabs. Like, just need positive energy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just depends on what you define as successful tho bc with her following she's got already, at worst she does TikTok shit and makes money from whatever sponsors she can get there. Her and Ricochet gonna be very well off and she can afford to focus on her own dreams instead of a career, that's the dream

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I also do think it’s weird as fuck she just randomly announced her departure the morning of Raw without even saying goodbye on air. Makes me think there was something not so kosher behind the scenes

(This is just my speculation. I have no evidence that this is the case)

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I still think it’s better to just be positive and hope for the best. Like look at Dale’s post, he points out how hard it is, but at the same time says whatever she finds if it makes her happy good. That’s really all I meant to Sabs. Like, just need positive energy.
Of course I wish her well. Why would I not want her to make it. Just pointing out the grass may not be greener. But I’m sure they’re doing well enough that she can afford to not be a superstar superstar anyway.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Exactly how I look at it. It’s so much easier to be positive than negative. Plus I want to see her succeed.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I also do think it’s weird as fuck she just randomly announced her departure the morning of Raw without even saying goodbye on air. Makes me think there was something not so kosher behind the scenes

(This is just my speculation. I have no evidence that this is the case)
According to her, this has been planned months in advance, and WWE has known about it. So kinda odd they didn’t do anything for her to tell everyone bye.
Of course I wish her well. Why would I not want her to make it. Just pointing out the grass may not be greener. But I’m sure they’re doing well enough that she can afford to not be a superstar superstar anyway.
Good good, the first couple just came off odd to me. I see it a lot on social media where when someone leaves their favorite promotion, they just become rude or hateful towards them. But thanks for clearing it up for me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
by Mike Johnson @ 8:45 AM on 10/22/2024

As PWInsider.com broke last night, Samantha Irvin resigned from her role as Raw ring announcer yesterday, leading to WWE bringing in Lilian Garcia for last night's Raw in Philadelphia.

PWInsider.com is told that WWE did not expect Irvin to resign and WWE sources made it clear Irvin was well liked and respected for her role. However, there were several factors that led to Irvin making the decision to exit the company we are told.

Chief among them was scheduling as Irvin was splitting time between WWE and her family. One source pointed out that WWE's road schedule, even as reduced as it is now from years prior, still meant Irvin was on the road away from her daughter. We are told that at one point, there was discussion of Irvin working a reduced schedule but it never came to pass, which may have played into her decision to leave. With signifigant other Ricochet no longer with WWE and working a vastly different schedule, that also could have factored into her decision, but no one has specifically stated that to PWInsider.com.

We are also told that without a reduced schedule, it was also making it increasingly hard for Irvin to concentrate on outside endeavors - and with her notoriety from WWE TV, there had been increased interest in her from other parties. We are told that Irvin intends to focus primarily on her music career going forward and this was not a case of her seeking to jump from WWE to AEW. Ricochet noted that she was not joining him in AEW on social media last night, but in wrestling, things can always change with one idea or phone call,

It should be noted that there was talk among talent yesterday backstage at Raw that Irvin had asked to be transitioned from a ring announcer into more of a character with a larger role, but PWInsider.com has not been able to confirm that is accurate.

WWE owns the trademark on the Samantha Irvin name, so she would not be able to use it outside of WWE's auspices. She had previously used her real name Samantha Johnson in other musical and acting endeavors, including America's Got Talent in 2015.

In regard to questions as to how Irvin would leave, the belief among those we've spoke with is that she was a WWE employee, not an independent contractor like a wrestler would be. Therefore, she would be able to exit the company the same way anyone would leave their job. There is no belief there is any non-compete that would prevent her from appearing elsewhere, but as noted, all signs currently are that she's not seeking to do anything in the wrestling space imminently.

Source:PWInsider
It's hard to track really because of her being a ring announcer and I really don't wanna go through all the house show reports but I swear she wasn't even doing the house shows so i'm not sure how much more of a reduced schedule you could be realistically looking at. Assuming the talent talk is true about changing her role into a character with a larger role, surely that would mean her schedule would be at best, the same as it is now or at worst a busier schedule? Feels like some thing aren't adding up.

She also informed them she was leaving several months ago according to her socials.