Salt & Anxiety/Depression

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I wanted to share this since I have seen a few members mention having issues with it. I have been reading studies and a common cause for mental disorders like anxiety, OCD, ADD, depression, and so on it actually more often than not, an iodine deficiency. People in America are eating 50% less table salt then 30 years ago and as a result, issues like this have risen. People think sea salt is the better option but sea salt has little to no iodine in it. I am going to buy some iodized sea salt myself and put this to the test. I haven't used much able salt in the last 10 years and have have anxiety and health issues in the last 10 years so it is worth trying.

Also, iodine deficiency is the number one cause of babies being born with mental retardation because the mother lacks iodine while the baby's brain is being formed and growing. It also causes thyroid issues and has been linked with breast cancer. Iodine is VERY important in the body, one of the most important minerals you need for the brain, thyroid, and connective tissue.

Minor deficiencies are enough to cause MAJOR problems over time such as infertility and cancer.

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
I have also heard this, and started taking Iodine supplements a while back, with not many noticeable results. But then I was not able to take them on a consistent basis for an extended period of time. I am in the process of switching to a gluten-free diet, which I have read can have similar adverse effects on the brain - causing depression, ADHD and anxiety issues (among others). I kind of forgot about the Iodine supplements in my cabinet, which is interesting as I just saw them last night for the first time in a while. Might as well add them to what I am already taking.

Reactions: Neptune

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I have also heard this, and started taking Iodine supplements a while back, with not many noticeable results. But then I was not able to take them on a consistent basis for an extended period of time. I am in the process of switching to a gluten-free diet, which I have read can have similar adverse effects on the brain - causing depression, ADHD and anxiety issues (among others). I kind of forgot about the Iodine supplements in my cabinet, which is interesting as I just saw them last night for the first time in a while. Might as well add them to what I am already taking.

You can try eating seaweed instead. Also, I have used maca root (which has iodine naturally occurring in it) and it helps with panic attacks. I think natural is always best. And when it is not an issue with a deficiency, one has to look at other causes. Gluten doesn't do this but Candida does. Read up on Candida. It is mind blowing.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Idk man, I ea t french fries quite often and I'm still pretty fucked up in the head :okay:

Seriously, eating a healthy diet will help. TOO BAD I LIKE MY MURRICAN JUNK FOOD! :why:

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Idk man, I ea t french fries quite often and I'm still pretty fucked up in the head :okay:

Seriously, eating a healthy diet will help. TOO BAD I LIKE MY MURRICAN JUNK FOOD! :why:

French fries? lol Cooking food at high temperatures evaporates iodine. Not to mention as much as 50% of the iodine is lost by the time table salt reaches the store shelves. Iodine is a mineral that does not have long shelf life outside of vegetables and seafood.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I wonder if this is where the term for somebody acting "salty" came from...

• Haha
Reactions: Neptune