Saints Row 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

What do you guys think of Saints Row 2? Should I buy it? I'm currently saving up for a new game, and this one came to mind. For those of you who don't know about it, here:

[YT]frQiAQSO5Qc[/YT]

[YT]CrZtVbMUoBg[/YT]

[YT]s9ukCymftbA[/YT]

[YT]43lgDEVhW4k[/YT]

[YT]TfqEF4AAWBE[/YT]

[YT]Z-J7iPza5IQ[/YT]

[YT]9_uUnwUyGIg[/YT]

I already have GTA IV, but I got really bored of it and I think this one is better. It seems to have more features, and I might just trade in GTA to get a discount on this game.

Thoughts?

This Guy

Did you ever play Saints Row 1? I loved Saints Row, I thought it was better then the GTA games including 4. I got to try SR2 at my managers conference. And I did pick it up, but haven't had a chance to play it yet (probably pop it in tonight.) Seriously the ending of the 1st one though pissed me off, but then when I saw that this game continues the story and explains everything, I just had to have it. Trust me when I say you should play the first one before you play the 2nd one.

chessarmy

^ I never played Saints Row 1 but I am going to Blockbuster later today, and I'll probably rent it just so I can get cought up with the storyline.

J

Saints Row 1 is amazing. So 2 is definitely going to be awesome. The story line was pretty cool and the game had some awesome characters. Johnny better be in this one cause he was my favorite character from the first one.

This Guy

lol, you obviously haven't seen any of the trailers. Johnny's in it trust me. lol

I've been playing for the last couple days and I love it. Here are some of the major pluses.

GTA games that all take place in Liberty City never look, or feel the same. Take 3 & 4 for example. Stillwater in Saint's Row does look difference which is explained, but only in certain area's like your old stomping grounds. Bridges and buildings have been renovated, but the street layouts are basically the same. Many of the old gang hideouts are still where they were before but have been either taken over by the city or by new gangs. So although its different there is still the air of similarty that makes you feel like your still in your own city.

More activities. All the classics from #1 are still there with some new ones as well. I've done some base jumping off of some of the tallest buildings in Stillwater already. I've gone streaking a few times. (thats actually quite funny) I still haven't seen everything yet.

When you own a neighbour hood its just like it was in the 1st one where you get money for it and you have to defend it. But now you can earn even more money by buying the buisnesses within the neighbour hoods you own. Oh and you get discounts by buying from your own stores.

All the new cars and what not are pretty sweet too. Some you actually unlock. Also this time you can customize your gang a little bit. For example all the gangs have there own kinda look and feel. In the first one the Saints mostly had a sporty look to them, so when you rode around in your hoods you would see fellow Saints in purple dressed in Jerseys and what not. In #2 you can change that. You start with the sporty look for your gang members but you can change it and unlock new styles as you go along, including 80's, Gangstas, Pimps, Bodygaurds (which basically gang members you recruit for a mission wear bascially swat gear), Hip Hop, Sporty, etc. You can also decide what type of cars you want your gang driving around in. There are 3 spots and you can change them at any time. So if you want to give them all low riders and what not you can have 3 different low riders and when you see gang members driving around in the game they will be driving one of those types of cars. You can choose any unlocked gang car you want and mix and match for the 3 options.

You can have human shields now which believe me comes in handy, and when your done you can throw them. I can tell you already one of the Secret Acheivements in the 360 version is Throwing a Hostage for Distance. lol I threw one off a cliff. lol

All in all I'm loving this game so far.

chessarmy

^ I bought it yesterday and I'm enjoying it too. The graphics aren't that bad, but they are nothing compared to GTA. Oh, there is a big difference between the two games though, Saints Row 2 is umm....FUN! Fuck GTA IV, it was ok for like a week then it got boring as shit. The missions were identical, and there was NO replayability. It was basically GTA 3 with better graphics.

Anyway, this is why Saints Row 2 is better than GTA imo. You can customize just about anything, your character, your crib, your cars, pretty much everything. Not only that, but the taunts and shit are funny as hell. Mine is a simple "Fuck You!" :roflmao: To top it all off, the missions are actually fun instead of "help person A kill person B because that guy owes money" or some shit. In Saints Row 2, the missions are fun and unique and I actually feel like doing them, it doesn't feel like a chore. Not to mention all the awesome activities that you can do like the insurance fraud, graffiti, and even knocking up some ho lol. Its hours and hours of fun

The game isn't perfect though, the physics are very unrealistic which kind of bothers me. Also, the graphics could have been a little better. I also think its hard to keep up with the storyline because of all the other things you can do in the game. There are a few bugs and glitches here and there too, which can hurt the game at times

But overall Saints Row 2 is awesome. I am officially addicted to it, goodbye GTA IV!

This Guy

^^^yeah!!!! You know what what you say about the flaws are true, but in my opinion mean shit all because its just plain more fun. Also I find it easier to keep up with the story then say GTA.

I'm about 50% finished. I've already completed all the Ronan & Brotherhood Missions. I've just started on the Sons. The thing I like about the side activities is that its great ways to unlock new cars and what not as well as earn money and respect which you need if you want to do the main missions. Unlike GTA where you don't have to do the side activities, and if you do, it means nothing. You don't need power or respect or any of that crap to play the main missions in GTA.

chessarmy

^ exactly. Plus, in GTA IV you earn like thousands of dollars and you have absolutely NOTHING to spend it on. While in SR2, you have all these properties to buy, you can pimp out your car and your crib, and you can get a little face lift with the plastic surgery.

To sum it up, Saints Row 2 is pure awesomeness.

Mugen

Reaction score
Took me 20 hours to beat every mission but it was DAMN fun. So far no regret trading in GTAIV for this.

Qwake

I am %50 through Saints Row 1, its fucking hard but still fun. I have been pkaying it for quite a while now but not sitting down and freaking it lol. I am up to the mission where you hang some dude out of the Vice Kings truck window while driving and you try to get some pin number, I just done that and I will be getting Sanits Row 2 when it comes out here :D

This Guy

I've now eliminated the 3 gangs in Saints Row 2 and have started the war against Ultor. Only have a few missions to do, but there is still tons of other stuff. Not sure if I'll bother, but man am I loving it.