Saints Owner Calls NFL Investigation 'Troubling'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
credit SB Nation

The New Orleans Saints are being investigated by the NFL over a bounty program implemented by former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams that rewarded players for injuring opponents and resulted in improper pay for performance. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell hasn't announced a punishment for the franchise yet, but it is certainly a public relations disaster.
According to NFL.com, team owner Tom Benson instructed general manager Mickey Loomis to end the program when he was made aware of the league's findings, but Loomis did not carry out Benson's directions. Here is exactly what Benson had to say in the statement he released after news of the league investigation broke on Friday:
"I have been made aware of the NFL's findings relative to the "Bounty Rule" and how it relates to our club. I have offered and the NFL has received our full cooperation in their investigation. While the findings may be troubling, we look forward to putting this behind us and winning more championships in the future for our fans."
According to the NFL's findings, players were paid $1,500 for a "knockout" and $1,000 for a "cart off," with payouts doubling or tripling during the playoffs.
Check out all the details of the investigation here. Visit SB Nation's Saints blog, Canal Street Chronicles, for more reaction to the story.

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
I'm sure this happens in more locker rooms than just the Saints

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I'm sure this happens in more locker rooms than just the Saints

I agree with this.

But I also find it troubling that it does happen. Trying to hurt someone on purpose is just bullshit. I like that ownership is against this and I hope that Benson fires any of those people involved.