Ryback wrestling on Main Event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Ehh alright I guess. I'll expect to see The Shield there though :Yay:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
The match with Angle? That was pretty even offense imo also how about Goldberg or Samoa Joe when he was in ROH and bursting into TNA? I'm not questioning Ryback as such as why after 7 years he can't complete a full match with adaption for his character.

Yeah but at least it had a few 2-3 minute rest holds from Angle to fill the match, Ryback/Punk had none at all. Even Goldberg (I've seen very little of him, I'll admit that) did some selling and taking a beating. I've never seen anything like that Punk match before, he just refused to sell anything. At all. As for Joe can't really comment as I've seen very little of him. (Insert appropriate hate)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryback wrestling on Main Event

R Albin said:
Yeah but at least it had a few 2-3 minute rest holds from Angle to fill the match, Ryback/Punk had none at all. Even Goldberg (I've seen very little of him, I'll admit that) did some selling and taking a beating. I've never seen anything like that Punk match before, he just refused to sell anything. At all. As for Joe can't really comment as I've seen very little of him. (Insert appropriate hate)

So shouldn't Ryback discuss an opportunity to put those in? Even adlibbing it in mid match? As I've said if after 7 years he's uttibg in that kind of performance you have to question if he's up to it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
What makes me wonder about this is the fact that he was wrestling Punk. Punk is known for not letting most of his opponents do the talking during the match, so I suppose that they were told to work the match like that and it wasn't purely Ryback's fault. I understand your point Seabs, that he should know how to structure a match, but I don't think that plays a factor because he was with Punk, and if someone was going to structure anything there it was Punk, and we all know his psychology skills, and even with that the match was bad. That one match I blame on whoever booked it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryback wrestling on Main Event

Leo C said:
What makes me wonder about this is the fact that he was wrestling Punk. Punk is known for not letting most of his opponents do the talking during the match, so I suppose that they were told to work the match like that and it wasn't purely Ryback's fault. I understand your point Seabs, that he should know how to structure a match, but I don't think that plays a factor because he was with Punk, and if someone was going to structure anything there it was Punk, and we all know his psychology skills, and even with that the match was bad. That one match I blame on whoever booked it.

To be honest Punk not being able to work a solid match with him also concerned me, who could if Punk couldn't?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Maybe Punk doesn't feel like Ryback deserves the spot and didn't put forth his bet effort. Maybe Punk doesn't like him as a person. Maybe he just can't work a long match. I guess we'll find out at the RAW 20th anniversary.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
So shouldn't Ryback discuss an opportunity to put those in? Even adlibbing it in mid match? As I've said if after 7 years he's uttibg in that kind of performance you have to question if he's up to it.

I pray to god he or somebody else is backstage, I wouldn't be surprised if Punk did, as it is just ridiculous. I agree that if he isn't he should be trying to change it.

Leo C said:

I think I agree. And if Ryback is as bad as he has looked in his first few showings then it could have been covered up by allowing Punk to do the talking and carry him through.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Seabs said:
To be honest Punk not being able to work a solid match with him also concerned me, who could if Punk couldn't?

It is the fact that Punk wasn't able to which convinces me that it's booking that made that match so bad. But I'll agree with R Albin, booking or not, it should change.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
ADRs booking is bad and Ryback is more superhuman than Cena apparently so despite having respect for both this will be poor.