Ryback wrestling on Main Event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ryback vs. Alberto Del Rio will take place on this week's episode of WWE Main Event, airing earlier at 6:30pm EST.

:idontcare:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I actually like the main event thing. I usually don't watch when it airs but when i'm bored. Pretty cool show and i'll check it out.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
deth said:
Ryback vs. Alberto Del Rio will take place on this week's episode of WWE Main Event, airing earlier at 6:30pm EST.

:idontcare:

WHO CARE? AS I DON'T?! I don't want to see that Goldberg RIP OFF!

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Really? Not even ADR can carry him imo.

Is the guy really all to blame though? I reckon that if Ryback wasn't booked too strong and 'Berto was actually allowed to get in some proper offence he would definitely be able to work a decent match with him. I'm actually pretty hopeful that WWE learned at HiaC that you can't have a guy with a moveset that only consists of impact moves be dominant for a massive portion of the match.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And the match at Survivor Series was much better from Ryback's part in my opinion.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Ryback wrestling on Main Event

R Albin said:
Is the guy really all to blame though? I reckon that if Ryback wasn't booked too strong and 'Berto was actually allowed to get in some proper offence he would definitely be able to work a decent match with him. I'm actually pretty hopeful that WWE learned at HiaC that you can't have a guy with a moveset that only consists of impact moves be dominant for a massive portion of the match.

Yes, after 7 years he should be able to either work with circumstances or understand how to structure one in a suitable manner.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Stopspot said:
And the match at Survivor Series was much better from Ryback's part in my opinion.

He's ok with someone to offer the filler, he can't do a 15 minute match on his own imo.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Yes, after 7 years he should be able to either work with circumstances or understand how to structure one in a suitable manner.

But he's not booked like the modern superface should be and he suffers from that. Cena, Sheamus, Orton etc can all spend the majority of the match being worked over by the heel before coming back and hitting a flurry of moves, Ryback can't do the same as that would make him 'look too weak'.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

R Albin said:
But he's not booked like the modern superface should be and he suffers from that. Cena, Sheamus, Orton etc can all spend the majority of the match being worked over by the heel before coming back and hitting a flurry of moves, Ryback can't do the same as that would make him 'look too weak'.

Who said he needed to use that mentality? A basic understanding of psychology would suffice rather than simply looking like he's hitting spots.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Who said he needed to use that mentality? A basic understanding of psychology would suffice rather than simply looking like he's hitting spots.

But surely that's WWE's decision rather than his? I agree that he needs more fluidity rather than just one move straight into another, but the main reason why his matches have been so poor is because he's told to completely no sell pretty much.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

R Albin said:
But surely that's WWE's decision rather than his? I agree that he needs more fluidity rather than just one move straight into another, but the main reason why his matches have been so poor is because he's told to completely no sell pretty much.

Disagree, guys can make that work well (Brock as a prime example) Ryback has been in this biz for around 7 years and still can't do it. Even Henry was more interesting in ring imo.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Disagree, guys can make that work well (Brock as a prime example) Ryback has been in this biz for around 7 years and still can't do it. Even Henry was more interesting in ring imo.

Brock's an incredible worker, but from the little I've seen of his matches as a face he was worked over enough to fill the match (One example I can think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3PCVw2mpYw ). At HIAC vs Punker or ME vs Ziggler did either heel actually get any decent period of offence? It's near impossible for him to be interesting unless he takes some sort of a beating for a decent period of the match. I'm not saying he is a good worker, but it is unfair to judge him under these circumstances.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

R Albin said:
Brock's an incredible worker, but from the little I've seen of his matches as a face he was worked over enough to fill the match (One example I can think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3PCVw2mpYw ). At HIAC vs Punker or ME vs Ziggler did either heel actually get any decent period of offence? It's near impossible for him to be interesting unless he takes some sort of a beating for a decent period of the match. I'm not saying he is a good worker, but it is unfair to judge him under these circumstances.

The match with Angle? That was pretty even offense imo also how about Goldberg or Samoa Joe when he was in ROH and bursting into TNA? I'm not questioning Ryback as such as why after 7 years he can't complete a full match with adaption for his character.