Ryback vs. CM Punk might not happen on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
- After it was reported that Ryback vs. CM Punk for the WWE Title would take place at the January 7th RAW, and even strongly teased by WWE at RAW and this week's RAW tapings, word came out that the match might not happen after all. Now we know why.

There is strong talk that the match won't happen on January 7th because the idea is to milk Ryback vs. Punk for as long as they can without actually doing the match. Eventually it will happen but officials really want Punk healed up because they have him set for a major WrestleMania 29 role. They want to make sure he doesn't come back and re-injure the knee, putting all Road to WrestleMania plans in jeopardy.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Giving it away on TV would've been a dumb move anyway. All the Ryback marks will pay to see it on PPV. When it does happen, I foresee it being that if Punk gets DQ'ed he'll lose the title. Making it a once and for all match.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
You could still get an outside interference which attacks Punk and he still retains.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
A major WM 29 role? I wonder if that means Punk will actually main event it.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
lolololol

silly girl

We need that piss yellow font for sarcastic posts. lol

Really though, I do wonder what his "major role" would be, if they follow through with it. (Considering that's still a ways off, who knows what will happen by then.) Like Senhor mentioned, with Taker or Rock being around, I doubt it'd be anything too major.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think Punk is wrestling Taker at WM.

And WWE is funny. When it'd behoove WWE to simply end this storyline without making the third match, since they want to protect Ryback and Punk's reign, they keep it up. When we want storylines to continue they drop them. Funny.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
We need that piss yellow font for sarcastic posts. lol

Really though, I do wonder what his "major role" would be, if they follow through with it. (Considering that's still a ways off, who knows what will happen by then.) Like Senhor mentioned, with Taker or Rock being around, I doubt it'd be anything too major.

I'm starting to think it will be like this, as much as I hate it.

Rock/Cena II for the strap
Punk/Taker
HHH/Brock II so HHH can get his revenge on the grandest stage

Hopefully to God I am wrong for all of our sake