Ryback off TV indefinitely

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I like him, this is BS.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
The equal pay argument he brought up along with all this was good. He's been visibly upset with his position in the company and rightfully so. He was pushed pretty hard early on then his career just...crashed and burned. Which sucks because he is admittedly a pretty good heel. I'd hate to see him retire but I don't really don't see him doing well in the indies if it comes to that.

Reactions: Solidus1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ryback should head to LUG if/once he's done with WWE. Let him and Cage form a tag team called The World's Meatiest Tag Team. :happy:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Ryback should have Baron Corbins gimmick on the indies. Targeting all the vanilla midget Internet darlings. It would be gold, and when someone finally beats him - it would be gold.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
It's a shame. Ryback has improved a lot over the years and I think the WWE just doesn't know how to book him for some reason. Hopefully he'll find work somewhere where he can improve further and get more exposure.

Why not pay the talent equally?
If he just means the winner and loser of a particular match, I agree. I hope he doesn't mean that every wrestler on the roster should get the same pay-rate, because that's ridiculous.

Being told no matter how hard I work or how good I get doesn’t always pay off is something I fucking refuse to ever believe in my life.
Sadly, life can get that way. You can bust your ass (literally and figuratively) and improve as much as possible and still get overlooked, especially in the entertainment industry.

He was in the ME
I think he was pushed to the main event way too quickly. Another mistake was turning him heel to get there when he was still getting cheers from the fans.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's a shame. Ryback has improved a lot over the years and I think the WWE just doesn't know how to book him for some reason. Hopefully he'll find work somewhere where he can improve further and get more exposure.

If he just means the winner and loser of a particular match, I agree. I hope he doesn't mean that every wrestler on the roster should get the same pay-rate, because that's ridiculous.

Sadly, life can get that way. You can bust your ass (literally and figuratively) and improve as much as possible and still get overlooked, especially in the entertainment industry.

I think he was pushed to the main event way too quickly. Another mistake was turning him heel to get there when he was still getting cheers from the fans.
The mistake wasn't turning him heel, the mistake was not pulling the trigger. If they pushed him, he should've gotten the run as champ. It demeaned him and his character to lose to a coward heel, and then to lose to a heroic face. It was just a mess and a massive misstep on WWE's part.

Reactions: Red Rain

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
The mistake wasn't turning him heel, the mistake was not pulling the trigger. If they pushed him, he should've gotten the run as champ. It demeaned him and his character to lose to a coward heel, and then to lose to a heroic face. It was just a mess and a massive misstep on WWE's part.
Good point. Now that I think of it, everything went downhill after his first major loss.

Still, I think he was pushed too far before he was really ready. Ryback was horrible in the ring at that point. Not that he's amazing now, but, as I said earlier, he's improved tremendously since those early days.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
While I can respect someone for not being job-scared and actually having the courage to stand up to Vince, his view that everyone should be paid equally is simply ridiculous for all the obvious reasons. And ironically, if he ends up staying with WWE, it'll be because of the pay, since whatever he currently makes in WWE is still guarantee to be bigger than what he would make working for any other promotion.

I wouldn't miss him, but I'd prefer not to see him go. He's one of the few big guys on the roster in recent history who actually has charisma and pretty decent mic skills (his short run as Bully Ryback in 2013 when he walked around harassing people while sporting his sleeveless leather jacket was gold) instead of just being a completely monotonous muscle head.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I doubt it has to do with winning or losing. It has to do with people not working as hard as others do. Dean Ambrose is one of the best paid wrestlers to date, but we don't see him win a lot, do we?

Jobber Revolt?

also, wtf is this one on about? She doesn't even deserve 1 penny WWE's paying her.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Cameron said:
First I want to make it clear that I respect everyone's freedom of speech and opinion however, I do believe one should understand a situation before they speak out in a public forum.

My "Amen brother" comment has seemed to bother some of the IWC who hasn't taken the time to actually comprehend the substance of Ryback's statement. I fully support my peers in WWE and I respect those who have the courage to stick up for what they believe in. Regardless of whether I agree with his feelings or not, I applaud Ryback for standing up for himself and openly speaking his mind. If you don't value yourself and believe in yourself there is no reason for anybody else to.

We the performers know what goes on behind the scenes day in and day out in our business and how much we sacrifice and put into our craft. Every superstar on the roster works relentlessly to improve themselves and be the best performer that they can be. Whether they are a perennial champion and "the face of the company" or if they are a "jobber" we all work very hard to entertain our fans. You may think somebody sucks or has no talent and thus should be fired but that does not mean that performer isn't busting their ass and doing what's asked of them. I love the WWE universe because they are some of the most passionate and loyal fans in the world. I think the majority of the fans are very smart and very invested in the business but some, who appear to be the most vocal on social media, continue to do nothing but bash talent and twist words to suit their own agendas on a daily basis.

Every single day I get at least one tweet or read one post where someone is bashing me for what I said on Tough Enough 5 years ago or for my botched pin on Raw. Look in the mirror and tell me you never made a mistake in your life. I am human after all. I have seen legends in the past and my current peers make mistakes in the ring and during promos, it happens get over it! I never claimed to be a childhood avid wrestling fan. Everyone takes a different path into the WWE. Some come from sports backgrounds, some from dancing and modeling while others have trained their entire lives to become a WWE superstar. 5 years ago when I was on Tough Enough I did not possess the knowledge of professional wrestling that I do today. I earned the opportunity to be on that show and despite being the first one eliminated I was signed to a contract. Since that day I have worked my butt off to improve my wrestling skills. I have studied long and hard to understand the business and it's history because I understood why the WWE fans were so offended by my response to Mr. Austin's question.

I have trained hard and done everything that has been asked of me. I know that doesn't make me special because we all do that here, but it goes to show that despite what you read or see on the Internet the passion to be great, the drive to be successful and the blue collar work ethic is there.

Cyber bullying is a major problem. Yes, we understand that we are public figures and yes we know coming into this business that we will be analyzed under a microscope 24/7 for everything we say and do but is there really any reason to tell someone that they must sleep around to be where they are? Is there any reason to tell someone they should kill themselves or to attack their family and personal issues over wrestling? I can't think of a single reason.

I know some may read this rant of mine and bash me even further. I accept that. I do not intend to disrespect anybody with this rant. I merely want to share my feelings with you all since a lot of you feel the need to bash talent and bully them on a daily basis with your tweets and posts. The passion you have for our business is respectable but the way some of you express it is deplorable. For those fans who are respectful and spend their precious time and money on us I thank you and love you with all my heart. For those who are not fans of me and voice their opinions in a respectful and constructive way I thank you and appreciate your criticism. For those who do nothing but bash talent in a disrespectful, cruel and personal way I have nothing to say to you except give your mother my love when she comes downstairs with your dinner
She does make sense. I see what people mean, by she has no real say. Then again, we don't know what goes on down in Developmental and what she and others are doing to improve. Assholes who think good wrestlers are those who have been life-long fans are just that, assholes.

tj3604

Jobber
Reaction score
Source: PWInsider

I like The Big Guy, but this could end up in the same way Rey Mysterio's time with the 'E ended - being taken off TV until the contract expires and he leaves.

I heard he is off until either his contract expires or until they resign him