Ryan Bader vs. Glover Texieria Booked For UFC 160

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The UFC's annual Memorial Day weekend card continues to take shape and continues to add high-profile fights to the ledger.

A light heavyweight bout between Ryan Bader (15-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and Glover Teixeira (20-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has been added to UFC 160 in May. UFC officials announced the booking late Tuesday.

UFC 160 takes place May 25 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Bader, the Season 8 winner of "The Ultimate Fighter," is coming off a quick first-round submission of Vladimir Matyushenko at UFC on FOX 6 this past month in Chicago. The win netted him a $50,000 "Submission of the Night" bonus and got him back in the win column after a knockout loss to Lyoto Machida at UFC on FOX 4 in August.

Bader started his career 12-0. But in a light heavyweight title elimination fight against Jon Jones, he was submitted in the second round. Jones, of course, went on to win the title. In his next fight, Bader was submitted by Tito Ortiz in one of the biggest upsets in UFC history.

But then he went on a two-fight streak with a knockout of Jason Brilz and a dominant unanimous decision against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 144 before his loss to Machida. The win over Matyushenko gave Bader three wins in his past four fights.

Teixeira also picked up a big win at UFC on FOX 6, taking a unanimous decision against Jackson in the co-main event. Though he went to a decision for just the fourth time in his career, Teixeira improved to 3-0 in the UFC and beat his biggest-name opponent to date.

In his UFC debut at UFC 146 this past May, Teixeira impressed with a first-round submission of Kyle Kingsbury in less than two minutes. Booked to face Jackson at UFC 153 in Brazil, he instead met Fabio Maldonado when Jackson was injured and again was dominant, getting a doctor's stoppage after two rounds.

The California-trained protege of former light heavyweight champion and UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell now has won 18 straight fights with 16 by stoppage.

I like this fight and think it's Glover's first real test since joining the UFC, with that said though i see him winning Via KO or Sub.

Nerotheory

Reaction score
I think this is a good test to see if Bader can beat a contender and put him in the talk. Bader hasn't had that high level win yet over a good fighter. i do not count Rampage simply because he hasn't been good in years. Glover i think is in the same boat as Bader, looking for that big win. Either way someone is moving up the ladder to face Jones.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Reminds me of Belfort/Bisping or Okami/Belcher, just wasting a contender on a meaningless fight.

Bader is nothing, he lost to a guy who hadn't won for 6 years previous ffs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Texieria isn't someone I would call a contender yet. Beating Rampage don't mean shit these days.

Just another up and comer eliminator. And the guy to step in on short notice when someone gets hurt.