RVD On ECW, Bret Hart & A Return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Honestly Airfixx I am not old enough to remember watching it regularly but there are a few instances that I do remember watching some of the old WWF shows like Action Zone and Superstars (the original one, not the current one and the highligh show they had during the Attitude Era) but I don't feel that I am blindly saying shit that I know nothing about, just as much as I can remember that's all.

on the topic of watching something on YouTube and automatically knowing WTF your talking about: I've watched alot of old NWA/AWA stuff from the 80's on YouTube,old tapes of my Uncle's and DVD's i've purchased but I believe that even if you watch things like that all these years later doesn't mean you know what you are talking about because you just get the matches and maybe some promos/interviews but watching it as it happened (I do not actually know how old Airfixx is but I am sure he could agree) gives you a different feel to it. For example, my brother has watched alot of stuff from the Attitude era but that doesn't mean how it felt to hear the glass shatter live and alot of other things that can never be recreated.

Airfixx

Honestly Airfixx I am not old enough to remember watching it regularly but there are a few instances that I do remember watching some of the old WWF shows like Action Zone and Superstars (the original one, not the current one and the highligh show they had during the Attitude Era) but I don't feel that I am blindly saying shit that I know nothing about, just as much as I can remember that's all.

To be fair, your attitude to this discussion is open-mined and inquisitive. You're not carrying yourself like you KNOW... My apologies; I should have voiced my criticism more directly.

on the topic of watching something on YouTube and automatically knowing WTF your talking about: I've watched alot of old NWA/AWA stuff from the 80's on YouTube,old tapes of my Uncle's and DVD's i've purchased but I believe that even if you watch things like that all these years later doesn't mean you know what you are talking about because you just get the matches and maybe some promos/interviews but watching it as it happened (I do not actually know how old Airfixx is but I am sure he could agree) gives you a different feel to it. For example, my brother has watched alot of stuff from the Attitude era but that doesn't mean how it felt to hear the glass shatter live and alot of other things that can never be recreated.

Indeed... I agree. Furthermore, when topically applicable, I'm totally honest about the fact that whilst I've seen every damn PPV WWE ever did, I never watched 95 > 2006 as it happened so I cannot claim insight into the depth and finer points of a lot of the storylines and stuff during that era.

With regard to the '80's jobber era', what I was really getting at was that I don't believe anyone would bother to go back and watch any of those matches as they are worthless hindsight viewing.

straight_edge76

Yeah, I was pretty sure it wasn't so much aimed at me just making sure i didn't sound like I was acting like I knew.

Yes, I do agree on why would somebody want to go back and watch Established Star A totally squash Jobber A? It's really just redundant. Honestly I believe with the way companies are in releative 'competition' with one another they must put forth an effort (while at times lacking) to put out the best possible product to keep the fans interested. I mean who would want to see a John Cena or a Batista slaughter nameless jobbers on a weekly basis? Now in a sense I have noticed when a wrestler is first being pushed they will for the first few weeks or so feed them to nameless jobbers but that is only imo just to get them some sort of credibility.

Airfixx

Said matches served a distinct purpose at the time, but by the time the star's hand was raised on TV they, the matches, became worthless.

As I said earlier, maybe that method of showcasing talent could theoretically still work, but there's no turning back now... I'm sure even the younger fans aren't impressed seeing Kozlov for instance crush some guy they don't know. Wrestling TV is just 'engineered' entirely differently these days (What we see as the opening match on Raw would have been a TV main event back in the day). Further embellishing the point... Look at the IWCs reaction (mine included) to Seamus... "He's beaten 'no-one' and there he stands; WWE champion."

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I would love for him to come back to wwe but hes said that he hates the schedule so tna is probably the only option

straight_edge76

But honestly what kind of Impact would he have on TNA (no pun intended) without the Rob Van Dam character? I mean yes, he could still I think preform at a high level but without the RVD name it takes away from one of his biggest crowd pleasers, pointing to himself and say his initals. Which was always cool and never got old lol.

noumenon

RVD should realize that today's WWE roster comes chock full of built in jobbers. No need to outsource.