Russell Crowe in Early Talks to Star in DRACULA Re-Imagining, HARKER

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Russell Crowe is reportedly in early talks to star in Jaume Collet-Serra’s Dracula re-imagining, Harker. As we reported last year, Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevy‘s script changes Jonathan Harker from a lawyer to a Scotland Yard detective who’s trying to find who’s behind a series of grisly murders (Hint: It’s Dracula). The project began to gain momentum, but then Warner Bros. moved Collet-Serra to the adaptation of Akira after Albert and Allen Hughes dropped off the project. But Vulture reports that since Akira has run into budget issues (along with even less of a reason to exist after Chronicle), the studio may try to make Harker first and then move the director back to Akira.

Hit the jump for what could keep Crowe from hunting down Dracula.

Harker may have to wait if it wants Crowe for the lead. He’s currently at work playing Javert in Tom Hooper‘s adaptation of Les Miserables, and he’s circling Darren Aronofsky‘s biblical epic, Noah. Since Noah is still trying to get financing together, Harker could swoop in and take Crowe if he decides he wants to slay a vampire. Crowe is also attached to star in Albert Hughes’ Broken City and Akiva Goldsman‘s Winter’s Tale.

I hope Akira gets made. This could be interesting, but it sounds like another reboot.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Every other story I seem to read is a film with Crowe's name attached to it. Would it be wrong of me to say I don't think he's that good?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Every other story I seem to read is a film with Crowe's name attached to it. Would it be wrong of me to say I don't think he's that good?

I kind of agree with you on that one. The last movie I enjoyed with him attached to it was Gladiator.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, he's good but not good enough for this sort of demand.

Gladiator's the only film I can remember really enjoying him in too.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Don't get me wrong, he's good but not good enough for this sort of demand.

Gladiator's the only film I can remember really enjoying him in too.

He did well as that really smart guy A Beautiful Mind too.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I enjoy Russell Crowe's work. The only terrible movie I think I have ever watched him in was Master and Commander. That movie was just terrible and not even Crowe could save that one.