Rumored Roman Reigns Elimination Chamber opponent *CONFIRMED*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Darkavius

Reaction score
I'm hoping it'll be booked like Brock/Goldberg at Wrestlemania 33 which was also just a bit over 5 minutes. It was a quick sprint where they got some good stuff in, and kept it exciting. I do think this match could be solid if they book it like that. Just have Roman/Goldberg trading some big moves.
There was nothing good about Lesnar/Goldberg at Wrestlemania 33. One of the worst matches in Mania history.

• Haha
Reactions: Sabretooth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That's an opinion I've never heard from even the most vitriolic haters of Brock and Berg :lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That's an opinion I've never heard from even the most vitriolic haters of Brock and Berg :lol

I don't think it was anything worth talking about lol. It wasn't one of the worst of all time but it was still just a five minute finisher spam match. It was fun to watch but nothing more really lol

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
There was nothing good about Lesnar/Goldberg at Wrestlemania 33. One of the worst matches in Mania history.
Who’s man is this?

Darkavius

Reaction score

You know why? Because I was thinking about the wrong Wrestlemania. I was thinking about Lesnar vs. Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20. That was truly one of the worst matches in WWE history. My bad.

But now that I think about Goldberg's entire career he is an icon in the business but has he even had a 4-star match? I literally can't remember a single Goldberg match that isn't 3 stars or less. Maybe the match with DDP in WCW was a 4-star....maybe?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You know why? Because I was thinking about the wrong Wrestlemania. I was thinking about Lesnar vs. Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20. That was truly one of the worst matches in WWE history. My bad.

But now that I think about Goldberg's entire career he is an icon in the business but has he even had a 4-star match? I literally can't remember a single Goldberg match that isn't 3 stars or less. Maybe the match with DDP in WCW was a 4-star....maybe?

Ah that's much more fair bc that match sucked. I don't do stars much but I'd say my favorite is that DDP match or the Falls count anywhere match against Steiner sometime WCW 2000, that one ruled. Honestly the Lashley match last year is up there too

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yeah, I realise their Mania 33 one was quite short but that's why I liked it. I didn't think it needed to be anything more than that. They got their moves in, and Brock jumping over Goldberg when he went for the spear was pretty incredible.

goldberg-spear.gif

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yeah, I realise their Mania 33 one was quite short but that's why I liked it. I didn't think it needed to be anything more than that. They got their moves in, and Brock jumping over Goldberg when he went for the spear was pretty incredible.

goldberg-spear.gif
It was a refreshing match on a card that felt like it would never end. It's been the template for every Lesnar match ever since. Way better then suplex City matches

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't think it was anything worth talking about lol. It wasn't one of the worst of all time but it was still just a five minute finisher spam match. It was fun to watch but nothing more really lol

One of those matches that is fun to watch when it happens, but you never worry about watching it again.

Reactions: Sabretooth

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It was a refreshing match on a card that felt like it would never end. It's been the template for every Lesnar match ever since. Way better then suplex City matches
I don't see how that's true at all... :hmm:

Just as an example of some of the matches he's had since the Goldberg Mania match:

- Fourway vs. Joe, Reigns and Strowman
- Survivor Series vs. Styles
- Survivor Series vs. Bryan
- SummerSlam vs. Rollins
- Handicap match vs. Mysterios
- Multiple relatively long, not good matches vs. Reigns (most recent match notwithstanding)

I also don't know if I'd consider the Day 1 Fourway or the Lashley match at the Rumble to be the same template. Unless of course the criteria is just that it mostly consists of numerous big dramatic spots, but if that's the case then you can pretty much put every Lesnar match since his return into that same category.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I don't see how that's true at all... :hmm:

Just as an example of some of the matches he's had since the Goldberg Mania match:

- Fourway vs. Joe, Reigns and Strowman
- Survivor Series vs. Styles
- Survivor Series vs. Bryan
- SummerSlam vs. Rollins
- Handicap match vs. Mysterios
- Multiple relatively long, not good matches vs. Reigns (most recent match notwithstanding)

I also don't know if I'd consider the Day 1 Fourway or the Lashley match at the Rumble to be the same template. Unless of course the criteria is just that it mostly consists of numerous big dramatic spots, but if that's the case then you can pretty much put every Lesnar match since his return into that same category.
Lashley vs Lesnar was the same template foe me. Most of the matches you have listed are not suplex City matches. Alot of those matches I see as the same template.

Balor vs Lesnar is the best example to highlight the change in approach

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Lashley vs Lesnar was the same template foe me. Most of the matches you have listed are not suplex City matches. Alot of those matches I see as the same template.

Balor vs Lesnar is the best example to highlight the change in approach
I agree that I'd put the Balor match and the Drew match in the same file as the Goldberg one. Maybe the Lashley one too. But otherwise I'd say many of his other matches have no fallen into that same template, at least not closely enough for me to personally group them all together. Though, I do get where you're coming from.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2