Rumored news coming out of the RAW taping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
- We’re told Brad Maddox’s lines in the opening segment of this week’s show were once again a worked shoot play on Vince McMahon’s former mindset on Daniel Bryan.

- Triple H called the CM Punk/Paul Heyman segment some of the best promo work in many years. The program is being built with the “big fight feel,” something both Vince McMahon and Heyman love. Hunter is really high up on the realism and feels it shows a side of Punk’s character that hasn’t been seen WWE television. One observer pointed you would have to go back to Punk’s program with Raven in Ring of Honor to know that he really had it in him. While both Vince and Hunter feel Punk plays a better heel in the ring, they are “very happy” with this current direction and feel it’s a completely different kind of babyface.

- Daniel Bryan’s match against Antonio Cesaro was being called a second “Match of the Year” candidate in just as many weeks. Triple H greeted Antonio Cesaro as soon as he got backstage and CM Punk and others gave him an ovation. Many workers were spotted watching the bout on the monitor backstage.

- We heard criticism from Daniel Bryan beating Ryback by disqualification. As “poor as poor booking can get,” is how one key observer described it.

- After the show we’re told Vince McMahon went to Bryan and told him that sometimes it’s “good to be wrong.”

- Triple H “blew a gasket” on Ryback for his botched spot at the end of the match with Daniel Bryan where he was supposed to protect Bryan and catch him then put him through a table. It was seen as “careless and reckless” that Ryback just let Bryan bump to the outside and didn’t know hot to improvise after completely botching it. According to a source backstage, Hunter got in Ryback’s face and was screaming “carelessness” at him. Bryan is expected to get x-rays on his collar bone on Tuesday but isn’t believed to be hurt as he worked the dark match main event following the taping. However, it’s worth noting this continues to hurt the stock of Ryback. Not only was Hunter upset with the spot but CM Punk and John Cena were vocal about it as well. Cena is someone that rarely calls out others, so when he does, people listen.

source: WNW

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Just fire Ryback, that giant piece of shit.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Like these two guys said, FIRE FUCKING RYBACK! I was always saying since he debut "He has some sort of talent, They will show us it at some point". That was a year ago. Where is it? No where because its non existent. Bryan is finally getting a well deserved push but Ryback may have just ruined it.

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
There is something ironic about someone (John Cena) Who had years of "You can't wrestle" chants, calling out someone based on their wrestling ability. Did no one backstage catch the botch between Fandangoo and Cody? Fandango being too far away and Cody smashing his knee into the mat? I guess botches only matter in WWE if you are relevant to the company.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
There is something ironic about someone (John Cena) Who had years of "You can't wrestle" chants, calling out someone based on their wrestling ability. Did no one backstage catch the botch between Fandangoo and Cody? Fandango being too far away and Cody smashing his knee into the mat? I guess botches only matter in WWE if you are relevant to the company.

Cena can wrestle and have great matches against quite a few people and he is extremely safe in the ring, That has nothing to do with ability Ryback was being plain unsafe and idiotic. The Fandango thing was partially Cody's fault apparently because he didnt look behind him before he jumped to make sure about the landing or something and theres a difference between a mid carder hitting his knee and a guy who is finally being pushed to the Main Event for the title landing on his collar bone/Neck on the outside.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Really enjoyed reading this.

"- Triple H called the CM Punk/Paul Heyman segment some of the best promo work in many years. The program is being built with the “big fight feel,” something both Vince McMahon and Heyman love. Hunter is really high up on the realism and feels it shows a side of Punk’s character that hasn’t been seen WWE television. One observer pointed you would have to go back to Punk’s program with Raven in Ring of Honor to know that he really had it in him. While both Vince and Hunter feel Punk plays a better heel in the ring, they are “very happy” with this current direction and feel it’s a completely different kind of babyface."

Agreed with that completely. Fantastic promo, great direction with his character, and Punk is executing it wonderfully. This is also Heyman's best work to date imo.

Everything regarding Bryan is positive. It seems all his co-workers and employees love him at the moment, and rightfully so. Best WRESTLER (actual wrestling) in the world right now imo. Glad Vince is embracing his former mindset and actually making plays out of it. Good that he acknowledges he was wrong too.

Get Ryback off TV. Don't put him in a match against your most over guy if you don't trust him.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Really enjoyed reading this.

"- Triple H called the CM Punk/Paul Heyman segment some of the best promo work in many years. The program is being built with the “big fight feel,” something both Vince McMahon and Heyman love. Hunter is really high up on the realism and feels it shows a side of Punk’s character that hasn’t been seen WWE television. One observer pointed you would have to go back to Punk’s program with Raven in Ring of Honor to know that he really had it in him. While both Vince and Hunter feel Punk plays a better heel in the ring, they are “very happy” with this current direction and feel it’s a completely different kind of babyface."

Agreed with that completely. Fantastic promo, great direction with his character, and Punk is executing it wonderfully. This is also Heyman's best work to date imo.

Everything regarding Bryan is positive. It seems all his co-workers and employees love him at the moment, and rightfully so. Best WRESTLER (actual wrestling) in the world right now imo. Glad Vince is embracing his former mindset and actually making plays out of it. Good that he acknowledges he was wrong too.

Get Ryback off TV. Don't put him in a match against your most over guy if you don't trust him.

This.

That is one of the reasons why WWE is improving, Guys are losing these mindsets on guys like Bryan.

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
No need to defend Cena to me. No where did I state Cena was a bad wrestler. I just found it funny that someone who gets "You cant wrestle" chants calling out someone else based on their ability. Yes, wrestling ability does involve botches, if Ryback had more ability in the ring he wouldn't mess up so much. Regardless of whose fault it was in the Cody/Fandango botch, I didn't see reports of anyone getting in the face of Cody or Fandango telling them that they need to be safer. I get its a business, and WWE want to protect someone like Daniel Bryan because he is being pushed at the moment, but if this happened last year, Triple H wouldn't be in Ryback's face about it.

Its not so much that WWE is worried about Daniel Bryan's well being, more that Ryback could have screwed their main event at SummerSlam. Seems rather shitty to me.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
No need to defend Cena to me. No where did I state Cena was a bad wrestler. I just found it funny that someone who gets "You cant wrestle" chants calling out someone else based on their ability. Yes, wrestling ability does involve botches, if Ryback had more ability in the ring he wouldn't mess up so much. Regardless of whose fault it was in the Cody/Fandango botch, I didn't see reports of anyone getting in the face of Cody or Fandango telling them that they need to be safer. I get its a business, and WWE want to protect someone like Daniel Bryan because he is being pushed at the moment, but if this happened last year, Triple H wouldn't be in Ryback's face about it.

Its not so much that WWE is worried about Daniel Bryan's well being, more that Ryback could have screwed their main event at SummerSlam. Seems rather shitty to me.

But with Rhodes and Fandango it wasnt a Main Event guys bloody neck, Would you rather break a leg or break your neck?. It is about Bryan, there not enough build up yet that they cant change the match. The botch wasnt from inexperience, Ryback has 8 years of it, It was a reckless move.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Wow that was great to read. Hearing Cesaro getting an ovation backstage sounds incredible. I love hearing about backstage stuff.

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan has been a main event guy for a few weeks now. Again, its not about what gets broken or whatever, its about over all safety of a performer. Lets say its Daniel Bryan's leg and Cody's neck. Does that suddenly mean that Daniel Bryan would be able to wrestle in a few weeks with broken leg? Its about over all safety of the wrestler, and I get the feeling WWE was only worried because of where they booked Daniel Bryan as opposed to Daniel Bryan himself. That is my point.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Daniel Bryan has been a main event guy for a few weeks now. Again, its not about what gets broken or whatever, its about over all safety of a performer. Lets say its Daniel Bryan's leg and Cody's neck. Does that suddenly mean that Daniel Bryan would be able to wrestle in a few weeks with broken leg? Its about over all safety of the wrestler, and I get the feeling WWE was only worried because of where they booked Daniel Bryan as opposed to Daniel Bryan himself. That is my point.

If it was Cody's neck it would be the same situation.