Royal Rumble Rumble rules

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
With this being the first brand split Rumble, what do you think the rules will be? Will they bring back the old format, where the winner gets to choose what title to go for? Or will they restrict to whatever brand you're on is what title you go for?

Personally hope that they bring back the old choose the title to go for rule. Brings back an air of unpredictably to it, and could be used to shake up the brands. One thing that I would add though, is if you choose to go for a different brand's title then you stay on the brand win or lose.

For instance, let's say Rollins wins the Rumble. When it comes time to choose, he chooses to face AJ Styles. Or say an NXT callup wins the Rumble in his debut, he'd essentially be picking which brand to go to.

Doubt they'd add the last part where you have to sacrifice your brand, but I just hope they allow the people to choose which title to go for.

What do you think?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
People getting to choose which title to go for would be the right call. So, yeah, I agree with you.

And I'd love this:
One thing that I would add though, is if you choose to go for a different brand's title then you stay on the brand win or lose.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'd be down with this. It definitely gives them a chance to create a new suprising storyline

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Sacrificing your brand could work out if it meant someone from Raw ended up on SmackDown. They need more star power.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Wasn't it how it was? Benoit won the RR from SD but went after Trips' title and then stayed on Raw. Or is that because he won? If you lose do you end back on your old band (according to old rules)?

I thought the only time the championships swapped was when the champion himself was drafted (like Batista and John Cena swapping brands)

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I've been wondering this myself. How they are going to work it.

I think they should be able to pick which title to go for, but if they win then they have to go to that brand. Keep each title exclusive. I would hate to see both main titles on one show. It would ruin the brand split and we're only 4 months into it well 6 by then.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Letting them choose which title and I wouldn't mind them doing the lotto number segments again.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I would let them choose which title they would like to go for and I agree that you should be added to whichever roster the title you go for is exclusive too.

In return you would need someone to go to the other brand I take it.. maybe if they do choose the opposite brand's main event belt they also get to select one person to swap roster spots with essentially? Idk that would be my way of evening out if one talent chose to move brands to go after the main event title on that brand's show.