RR: 10 things to "save" WWE...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey a while ago on my myspace page i would write "columns" about my different thought about the wrestling world. i dont always have the normal thoughts as everyone but this was my most recent post/column that i figured i would share with everyone since im trying to become a more active poster.

So welcome to the Rockstar Report and feel free to post comments and opinions.
--------------------

10 things to save wwe...or bring up to a new level

10. Evening out of the Brands. Raw CAN be a flagship show. Smackdown can be Itself and ECW can be a "Training" Ground....but the rosters can't be so lopsided. ECW has like 10 people on the roster...that will easily get boring...How many times do we have to see Nunzio vs Miz, Punk vs Thorn, Punk vs Burke, Punk vs Stevie?? IF an "upset win" was to occur its too far gone now to be believeable...there needs to be a freshness there...with the loss of Benoit, and additions of Big Daddy V...and the Boogeyman it isnt enuff...especially when CorVon, Balls, and Boogey havnt been on in a week or two... Another Draft wont solve this, but some straight out re positioning and organization is needed.

9. Times need to be changed. ECW and Smackdown need 90 mins. Raw can stick with the two hours. Smackdown can be a bit slow sometimes but it does however have longer wrestling matches...maybe raw can take a page from that...it should show how inundated with talent raw is (See #10)

8. GMs. There rarely is any focus on control and how minor fueds or major fueds are set up...sometimes its the wrestlers, sometimes its coach- who sucks. Smackdown has been the most consistent and had a bit of change with Vickie. But we can do better. Raw needs William Regal, its been in talks...now lets finally do it. Smackdown once Teddy gets married needs to back away for some of Vickie...but if shes gonna be a GM she has to be a better actor. For ECW i would think that an original can do it...but for being ECW it needs something special...maybe Tazz or Joey...i think Joey in a position of Power would be a big change and offer many different things.

7. Match quality. Jeff Hardy vs Ken Kennedy was amazing on raw this week. They worked back and forth...Kennedy talked his way into a victory that seemed certian only to have jeff win in a countout that still kept the crowd going. it was fantastic. On ECW we had Thorn vs Stevie who i both pray catch a huge break and time to showcase what they can do...and Boom! we get a good solid match with an upset victory. If the matches themselves can't deliver there still needs to be something that says "Hey i didnt see that coming"...Unpredictability and Good wrestling is a solid basis for how WWE first beat WCW...now they need to comtinue it to battle with keeping fans

6. Titles?! They need to be meaningful and no just objects. WWE needs to focus on how many they have vs. how many they NEED. The cruiserweigth and womens titles mean shit. The IC title which was an increidble stepping stone tool back in the day is crap now...hasnt been defending in 4 wrestlemanias!!! The World Title has history but seems to be cursed..the WWE title ONLY works for Cena and the times he lost it...to Edge and RVD were as transitions and to start ECW. The tag divisions are non existant as all the teams should be on one show and pushed and focused on. Ther eis only one important title in wwe that means anything right now...the U.S. title. It is the true stepping stone title...it has the fighting champions and tons of great people have held it since wwe reinstated it...in Eddie, Benoit, Finlay, Cena, Kennedy, MVP, Lashley, JBL, etc!

5. JBL Needs to return. Smackdown is on life support...edge was a good answer, but the curse bit him too. JBL says in a month he has a HUGE announcement..i pray its to come out of retirement. We shall see...

4. Ric Flair...One last run. He needs #17. Face it the wwe has bullshit storylines...i can list TONS that the fans want to see, want to believe and would get behind...one of them is Flair with one last go. Make him earn it...pu tthe odds against him and let him shine one last time...WHOOOOOO!

3. No more monsters or bullshit pushes. Anyone that gets a decent push either hits the glass ceiling because wwe doesnt like them, or the fans get behind the "wrong" person that wwe doesnt want to push. Anyone this is pushed has the same gimmick...beat anyone and everyone in their path...face john cena...and then lose CLEANLY in the first match killing all credibility. Cena fans are even hating him now. He doesnt need to prove anything to anyone now..we get it. He doesnt need the gold or anyhting. Umaga, Lashley, Khali...all fed to the slaighter. Cena can beat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 men at once...he is short of a god...becuase they book it. Where are the pushes to those we want, and those who deserve it...Matt Hardy, Kennedy, Punk, Thorn, Carlito AND MORE!

2. Listen to the fans..please. We supply your money, listen to them and watch the business sky rocket. dont force feed us shit and dont try to lie to us. we arnt dumb.

1. Chris Jericho. Period.

Truth

Reaction score
ALready a thread like this, its a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.