ROYAL RUMBLE 2020! RATE IT!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hi.

• 1/10 (Brock dominating the entire first half of the rumble)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 5/10 (Santina Marella)

• 6/10

• Total voters

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I have returned to bring you the first of my well received rate threads in the year of 20/20 vision! Let's go!

The Modern Day Finlay vs TALLTY C

Poor Chad Gable. In NXT you were the Shawn Michaels of one of the best teams in the world. And now you're Shorty G getting brogue kicked by Sheamoooooose.

Almas Andrade vs that guy....y'know that guy? The guy....who wrestles real good. That guy! He smiles sometimes! You know who I'm talking about? That person who wrestles and smiles! Yeah, that guy! You know him.

Humberto continues his run of being a glorified jobber. He's never getting a major win, I've given up on him. They tried to protect with a roll up by Andrade. But what was there to protect? Nothing, really.

THE BIG DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG vs King Barrett but with no charisma. Tell me they don't have the same gimmick.

Reignswinslol.

The RUMBLE OF ROYAL OF WOMEN.

....I'm not going into the entire match because I'm not Insane. Here are the important parts. SANTINA MARELLA CAME BACK! Charlotte did the same going through the middle rope trick twice. Did she do it too early the first time and forgot she was apart of a spot so she had to do it again? Chelsea Green and Dakota Kai were so fucked over. Bianca made a impact before Charlotte eliminated her. Alexa Bliss made a impact before Charlotte eliminated her. Shayna Baszler made a impact before Charlotte eliminated her. Do you see a pattern? Charlotte wins.

Female version of Sami Zayn. Think about it. Vs THE GOOD OLD AMERICAN

No Izzy vs Laceys kid which was disappointing. I wanted to see them do battle. But Bayley said "screw your happy endings to angles"

I've been told that this might be Jakes favorite match type match: scary guy. Ooooooh. Spooky. Vs American Dragon but not American Dragon because no Final Countdown

Fiend won. Or Bray Wyatt won. One of them did, I don't know.

Gonzo de Mondo's sister vs Tajiris sister

Becky tore Asukas arm off and used it to beat down Kairi. It was very gruesome

EDDDDDDDGGGGGGGEEEEEEE

EDGE IS BACK! HE'S BACK OMG HES BACK! SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR! WOO! EDGEY EDGE EDGE! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ACTUALLY BACK AFTER 10 YEARS! DOES THIS MEAN THAT LA FAMILIA IS COMING BACK? IS CHAVO ATLEAST!? EDGE HEADS REUNION? LITA!? also drew mcintyre won after eliminating reigns. BUT WHO IS EDGE GONNA FEUD WITH AT MANIA!? CENA!? STYLES!? ORTON!? IS EDGE PART TIME OR FULL TIME!? CAN WE GET A 5 SECOND POSE?!

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
That was a great Royal Rumble match. Reminded me of the good ol’ times

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
You Think You Know Me
BEST PART

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Last edited:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
The rumble matches were great, the rest of the card didn't pique my interest. I didn't care/knew who was going over in each match. I doubt anyone thought DB/Corbin/Asuka/Lacey stood a chance.

Rumbles 8.5/10
Rest of card 4/10 :4/10:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
HOLY FUCK...
Rumble wasn't bad for once! Definitely the best in the last 3-5 years. Could've had a few more surprises but that ending. I can give it a decent rating for once.

That women's rumble may be the best I've seen minus the winner (which wasn't THAT bad) and also minus Santina & K2.

I don't like that everyone is doing Kofi's spots now. Takes away the special. Kofi, Morrison, Seth, Naomi, Mandy.

I was actually hoping Edge WOULDN'T win. After seeing him he just looked so old & it had the feeling of "we couldn't get Punk so we just got Edge instead" He just looked like Iggy Pop & I didn't want him beating the young guys & taking their spot. I was actually at one point not minding the idea of Roman for once which is crazy lol as long as Edge, Orton or Seth didn't win lol... atleast this way Edge can still be on the WM card with somebody more interesting than Brock. I think Edge vs Seth or Edge vs AJ is a much better fit.

Was really hoping for Carlito lol!

I was surprised when there was no appearance by The UnderTaker, Goldberg, Hogan, or Harlem Heat... a spear to Matt Riddle or Roman by Goldberg would've been cool to set something up. I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg vs either guy at Mania. I'm guessing Booker ticked off Vince by going on Jericho's cruise lol

Also just remembered! ...There were rumors all over the dirt sheets last night that Sting would appear & he was at the airport but he wasn't in the Rumble. Here's the kicker! Taker wasn't in there either which was weird... Tonight on RAW perhaps? Taker vs Sting?

-10 being a CM Punk or Stone Cold #30 return

-9 being Keith Lee eliminating Brock with more huge surprise entrants & a better undercard/women's Rumble winner

-8 being the way it DID end but also with a couple more surprises & better finishes on the rest of the card.

So yea 7.5 since I'm surprised that WWE even did that much right they get the extra .5 I know it had to be hard for Vince to put Drew over Roman.

I'm not totally disappointed for once & I have a feeling that's all due to pressure from the fans shitting on the product & pressure from competition but that's big since anybody who knows me, knows I am hard on marking/rating WWE. They didn't completely suck last night.

7.5... One of the better Rumbles

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I'm glad Drew won the Rumble

Finally letting that man shine with all his gifts and talent. Next Objective is to Shine at WrestleMania.

Unfortunately AJ Styles is Injured
Ringside News · 2 hours ago AJ Styles Injured At WWE Royal Rumble

So very unfortunately no AJ vs Edge for us..... DAMMIT!!!

I wouldn't mind him put over the Fiend at WM. But he would have to go over talent to do that :\

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I think it's dogcrap that Roman is going over Fiend at WM. He shouldn't be losing any matches.
So that rumor is true. It looks like the Demon King isn't facing The Fiend it has gone down the drain and the Demon gimmick

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I doubt it... being on NXT & all.

I don't know for sure it's Roman/Fiend but I'm pretty certain that if it is, Roman will go over.
To me I hope The Fiend Goes over Edge because. EDGE is a FEARLESS GUY when pushed to the limit

It will be a hard fought challenge and win for The Fiend

Or

Hopefully

To me he faces Sting in a dream match. If he beats this Hall of Famer at WM for the title he's a shoe on for Hall of Fame himself

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I just realized Kane wasn't in it...

Was him entering himself in the Rumble only a lie/distraction for Dbry to beat Fiend up?
Buddy Murphy was also supposed to be involved and he was in his ring gear but nothing.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The rumble matches were great, the rest of the card didn't pique my interest. I didn't care/knew who was going over in each match. I doubt anyone thought DB/Corbin/Asuka/Lacey stood a chance.

Rumbles 8.5/10
Rest of card 4/10 :4/10:
Yeah but Daniel Bryan is such a world class wrestler that he can manipulate the audience. Why? Cuz he is Daniel Bryan.

Corbin had a big chance of winning. Especially when fans thought Roman was gonna win the rumble.