Royal Rumble 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Glad to see the spirit of the smart fan is not dead. People are already crapping all over the Rumble before they see it. Look, you have Cena vs. JBL, two legit draws and we will have Jeff Hardy vs. Edge probably so there is another good title match. Couple those with the Rumble Match itself and you have a great PPV.

Reaction score
HBK or Batista. They want these two to get MORE title shots in '09, like they do every year. After all, Batista and HBK are part of the "Belt Traders" that trade the belt back and forth 3/4 of the year.

Montana

Glad to see the spirit of the smart fan is not dead. People are already crapping all over the Rumble before they see it. Look, you have Cena vs. JBL, two legit draws and we will have Jeff Hardy vs. Edge probably so there is another good title match. Couple those with the Rumble Match itself and you have a great PPV.

But who's Orton, HBK, and Jericho going to face?

The smark is never die!

Vandy316

Reaction score
HBK or Batista. They want these two to get MORE title shots in '09, like they do every year. After all, Batista and HBK are part of the "Belt Traders" that trade the belt back and forth 3/4 of the year.

u realize that Shawn hasnt held the title in a while right?

Axis

You mean the Shawn Michaels who hasn't held the belt in 6 years? Or am I getting him mixed up with a different Shawn Michaels?

PurpleDragon

Reaction score
I reckon that MVP could win or Kozlov if they really wanted to put him up there lol.

Montana

Why do people think MVP is going to win the royal rumble?!? I would assume MVP will draw #1 and someone like Undertaker will draw #2, and Taker tosses him out in a few seconds.

the dark knight

SD's ME is all a bit of a cluster-fuck at the moment
he can move to raw...

JBL wins with help from Shawn.... HBK wins RR or EC... JBL v HBK for the title @ WM.... HBK's fighting for the title and his freedom (bearing in mind a championship payday in kayfaybe would afford him the choice to no longer take JBLs money)... HBK wins the title for the first time in over 6 years in his home state, returning babyface in the process...

That would be a suitably big WM moment....

Just speculating, like.... ;o]
BITCH!

(6:36 PM) [£]thé dãrk knîg: lmao at hbk
(6:37 PM) [£]thé dãrk knîg: so my visions are true
(6:37 PM) [£]thé dãrk knîg: jbl vs hbk at mania
(6:37 PM) [£]thé dãrk knîg: for the title
(6:37 PM) [£]thé dãrk knîg: hbk wins, gets fired frm the wwe cuz jbl owns his contract or whatever
(6:37 PM) Anthony - I stil: JBL/HHH tbh
(6:37 PM) [£]thé dãrk knîg: retired champion

that was 3 days ago

Why do people think MVP is going to win the royal rumble?!? I would assume MVP will draw #1 and someone like Undertaker will draw #2, and Taker tosses him out in a few seconds.
you thought cena wasn't even gonna be at the rumble last year >_>

Montana

JBL wins with help from Shawn.... HBK wins RR or EC... JBL v HBK for the title @ WM.... HBK's fighting for the title and his freedom (bearing in mind a championship payday in kayfaybe would afford him the choice to no longer take JBLs money)... HBK wins the title for the first time in over 6 years in his home state, returning babyface in the process...

That would be a suitably big WM moment....

Just speculating, like.... ;o]

I was thinking that too, but does the WWE really want HBK vs JBL as a main event????? Even if it is in Texas, this is WM 25.

Originally Posted by Montana

you thought cena wasn't even gonna be at the rumble last year >_>

I don't think anyone did, but i did call Mysterio winning in 2007. People thought i was crazy. I will bet ANYTHING that MVP does not win, there no logic behind it. It makes sense he draws 1 or 2.

the dark knight

i did you jackass. people forgot already :gun_rifle:

and i kinda thought rey would win that rumble too when he said he dedicates his performance to eddie but the idea was so moronic i couldn't believe it was actually going to happen.

we'll see about mvp...

MattC13

Reaction score
MVP will not win. A face usually wins the rumble, or a heel wins then becomes face.

Let's look back:

2008: John Cena (Yes he is a face, haters)
2007: Undertaker
2006: Rey Mysterio
2005: Batista (Not too sure, but became a face right after)
2004: Chris Benoit

It makes sense for MVP to draw 1 or 2 and last until around 20 or something, or draw 3 and be eliminated quickly

Boš

Reaction score
My favorites to win the royal rumble
1)Chris Jericho
2)Shawn Michaels
3)Triple H

Montana

That Lex Luger video always puts a smile on my face.

I guess i'll throw it out there. Christian is going to help Edge beat Hardy at the Royal Rumble.

the dark knight

i assume its a god damned spoiler. did christian sign with the wwe or something?

and that luger vid kills me every time i watch it