Roy Nelson Predicted Brock Lesnar vs. Junior dos Santos Cancellation in January

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0061256286.jpg
If you need some tips on your future, apparently the best person to talk to is nicknamed "Big Country." Way back on January 21st, UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson was asked about Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos facing off in June. Here's what Nostradamus had to say:

"I think Brock Lesnar is done," Nelson said. "I think Brock doing TUF is one way to basically take a situation and make it win-win for him. I think Lesnar doing the show is a way to introduce Junior Dos Santos to the American fan base in the way the show does. TUF introduces "stars in the making" to the casual UFC fan and while JDS is the number one contender he still needs some help with the American fan base. So the conspiracy basically comes down to the fact that Shane Carwin has no one to fight in June. I think Brock Lesnar will walk off the TUF set and then Carwin will take his spot or Frank Mir will come in to "save the day" and fight JDS for title contention. The reason I believe Frank would be the guy is because Mir is coming off a win and I was already supposed to fight Shane so fans were already hyped to see it. Or Carwin could move in to face JDS and I could still face Frank but it doesn't really matter to me as to who fights who because all that really matters is the fans want to see me fight somebody. A lot of things could happen over the next six weeks but it seems a bit off that Carwin doesn't have an opponent right now and all of the top heavyweights are spoken for."

Not a lot of people took Roy seriously back then. I mean, at the best of times, Roy is a prankster and a pretty jovial guy. What he was talking about was pretty far-fetched...or so we thought. Obviously Roy didn't get the details right, but his basic point was "Brock bows out, Carwin or Mir step in to fight Junior dos Santos in June". Clearly if he had known that HE would be fighting Frank Mir, he would have refined his theory down to Carwin. And the UFC giving Carwin a debuting fighter left this possibility wide open.

Not the biggest revelation in the world, but a pretty good call nonetheless.