Roster Pics Coming Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
WWE Interested In Several Wrestlers

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE has interest in bringing in AAA's La Parka. However, the person currently under the La Parka garb isn't the same person that assumed the character in WCW in the late 90's, who was Adolfo Tapia. In 2004, Adolfo Tapia was forced to wrestle under the name L.A. Park, as the AAA promotion owns the rights to the gimmick and the name. L.A. Park currently wrestles for CMLL, AAA's rival promotion. The La Parka in AAA is usually denoted as La Parka, Jr. (even though he is only one year younger), La Parka (AAA) or La Parka (PAP). His real name is Jesús Alfonso Escoboza. He's also a bit smaller than the WCW version. The WCW version was 6-2 and 255 pounds. The one WWE is interested in is 6-0 and 215 pounds.

There is a movement in WWE to try to bring in more smaller, international stars to try to recreate the magic of Nitro in the mid-90s. They also want to get a jump on WSX and TNA, who both are pushing light heavyweights. They're interested in a few guys in Mexico, not to a mention a few guys in Japan. Other names discussed include Gedo and Jado.

from: http://wrestlingattitude.com/headli...ull&id=1172438075&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Markz

Reaction score
It's good to see they are getting younger talent and more cruiserweights, I always said WWE would be better with more Mexican and Japanese talent.

Rell

Reaction score
He will have a small push and after about 3 months he will be jobbing to the Miz and getting killed by The not so Great Kahli

phantomgerald

the topic is several wrestlers, but then u just mentioned one wrestler wwe is interested in

monkeystyle

Reaction score
whooooo...

The chairman. La Parka.

As long as the have him doing the skeletor bit again I'll be happy.

CenaMark54

In the words of the immortal Vince McMahon, I watch WWE for "wrestlers with great physical prowess." I never liked cruiserweights and I never will. Thats why I don't watch WSX or TNA.

The WWE should stick to what got it there, Heavyweights with charisma.

Soulpower

THis is dumb... Every couple of years the WWE does the same thing and then they realize that the cruiserweights can put on better matches than the heavyweights and since that can't happen in Mcmahonland all the cruiserweights get released and we end up with the same shitty CW division.

This isn't the first time that the WWE tries to "do what WCW did" with the cruiserweights and it probably won't be the last.

This Guy

the topic is several wrestlers, but then u just mentioned one wrestler wwe is interested in

Yes can you please tell me the other six, thanks

Where do you get 6 from? Several not Seven!!

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE has interest in bringing in AAA's La Parka. However, the person currently under the La Parka garb isn't the same person that assumed the character in WCW in the late 90's, who was Adolfo Tapia. In 2004, Adolfo Tapia was forced to wrestle under the name L.A. Park, as the AAA promotion owns the rights to the gimmick and the name. L.A. Park currently wrestles for CMLL, AAA's rival promotion. The La Parka in AAA is usually denoted as La Parka, Jr. (even though he is only one year younger), La Parka (AAA) or La Parka (PAP). His real name is Jesús Alfonso Escoboza. He's also a bit smaller than the WCW version. The WCW version was 6-2 and 255 pounds. The one WWE is interested in is 6-0 and 215 pounds.

There is a movement in WWE to try to bring in more smaller, international stars to try to recreate the magic of Nitro in the mid-90s. They also want to get a jump on WSX and TNA, who both are pushing light heavyweights. They're interested in a few guys in Mexico, not to a mention a few guys in Japan. Other names discussed include Gedo and Jado.

from: http://wrestlingattitude.com/headli...ull&id=1172438075&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

I actually agree its a tad misleading since its mainly about La Parka, but there were two other names mentioned in the artical, I bolded them for you guys.

This Guy

^^That would be a neat trick seeing as Gedo & Jado are Japanesse

Reaction score
^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA^^

OWNED!!!!!!

lol.....anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing La Parka in WWE, whichever one it is I guess. I'm always up for new talent. And it's pretty obvious that WWE is pushing the Cruiserweight division a little more now. I stress the word "little" though.......very little.

phantomgerald

i mean like adding la parka to shocker who i think they signed on a developmental contract and some other mexican wrestlers

This Guy

Shocker is not signed. Dusty Rhodes wants the WWE to go after him, but Vince has no intrest.