Ronda Rousey not understanding what wrestling is.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Why is it always women that break kayfabe?

For people who don't do twitter, I will try and catch you up to speed...

Becky was taking the piss out of Ronda, like she always does.

Ronda reataliates. Which is always cringe.

But this time Ronda basically says to Becky she is a fake wrestler with a fake submission... And that Ronda thinks she's above the business as she was a real fighter. She's supposed to be a baby face right?

She broke kayfabe so hard it was trending.

She also said Becky uses her arm as a penis.

I'm not sure if Rousey is all there.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This sounds... Just terrible. Some of these wrestlers just shouldn't be on social media. Rousey has done better than people would have thought, myself included, but this is a prime example of where years of training make a big difference. Maybe it would have been wise to keep he in development for a good year or two first... Oh well.

Reactions: The Gipper

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"I was breaking arms of the baddest women of the UFC while you were picking on the Barbie dolls of the minor leagues of NXT" would have worked just fine. Sounds more like heel bloating than burying your own profession. "LOL YOU USE A FAKE SUBMISSION" is just ass juice, especially when you're likely to tap out to it later

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I mean, inring she is really good. Way better than women who have been doing it for 15 years. She's a top pro wrestler and she understands how to tell a story. In ring she's fine.

But this is just terrible. Clearly doesn't understand what wrestling is. Rousey literally tweeted the dis-harm-her is fake along with a picture of her selling the dis-harm-her.... Tf?

Becky is just been cool calm and collective as a Internet troll and Ronda is giving the reaction that every troll strives for.

Rousey is gonna get booed hard and she's going to hate it because she doesn't understand wrestling.

The only way she could insult becky was to say she was a professional wrestler lol.... Oh and that Becky wants a penis... A bit transphobic, but that's cool. Doesn't break kayfabe.

Reactions: Rosie

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score

Here are the actual tweets.

Crash

Reaction score
And this is why I don't do social media.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
And this is why I don't do social media.
Less about social media, more about how stupid Ronda is. This wasn't scripted. Twitter allows the talent to have a bit flexibility with there promos and character. This is what happens when you allow flexibility to someone who doesn't get or respect wrestling

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It is worse than I thought... They broke beyond kayfabe. They were making dick jokes. Oh lawd help us. Where is Jericho? #SaveUsY2J

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Ronda does know The Fujiwara Armbar, also known as a Short Armbar is a legit move thought in Judo and some other schools, right?

Also, Ronda pointed out the obvious that wrestling is fake like no shit everyone knows it. I mean it is 2019 and not 1919. Ronda thinking she is this big badass is kind of funny to me as she lost to Holly Helm in less than a minute, and when she did lose she was a sore loser about it, and she did the same thing when she lost to Amanda Nunes, who also defeated in less than a minute. If she wants to be "real" then go back to UFC and face Cyborg, the only person she wouldn't face.

So yeah this all funny to me.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Ronda does know The Fujiwara Armbar, also known as a Short Armbar is a legit move thought in Judo and some other schools, right?

Also, Ronda pointed out the obvious that wrestling is fake like no shit everyone knows it. I mean it is 2019 and not 1919. Ronda thinking she is this big badass is kind of funny to me as she lost to Holly Helm in less than a minute, and when she did lose she was a sore loser about it, and she did the same thing when she lost to Amanda Nunes, who also defeated in less than a minute. If she wants to be "real" then go back to UFC and face Cyborg, the only person she wouldn't face.

So yeah this all funny to me.
Yeah it's just bad when you are watching a wrestling show and the wrestlers are breaking Kayfabe. Everyone knows this shit is fake ofc.

This whole build has been a disaster and this is the cherry on top.

When it comes to arm bars in wrestling its pretty dumb. Ronda probably knows a lot of different arm locks and the dis-harm-her probably just pisses her off. She's looking at wwe far too seriously and being a judoka pedant.

The short arm bar that I have seen is one of those ones that can only be done in judo or bjj. Ronda does do something that looks simular to it but it's just a normal arm bar but she holds the opponents arm in a similar way to the short arm bar. Short arm bar is just something you bust out when you see the opportunity to. That opportunity will never happen in pro wrestling

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah it's just bad when you are watching a wrestling show and the wrestlers are breaking Kayfabe. Everyone knows this shit is fake ofc.

This whole build has been a disaster and this is the cherry on top.

When it comes to arm bars in wrestling its pretty dumb. Ronda probably knows a lot of different arm locks and the dis-harm-her probably just pisses her off. She's looking at wwe far too seriously and being a judoka pedant.

The short arm bar that I have seen is one of those ones that can only be done in judo or bjj. Ronda does do something that looks simular to it but it's just a normal arm bar but she holds the opponents arm in a similar way to the short arm bar.
I get your point, but still to me calling out wrestling as fake is a "no shit" moment, which is always dumb.

I don't know, I haven't kept with it, but I'll take your word.

Oh, I agree. When some people do a Armbar of any kind sometimes it looks fake, but others make it "look" real and such. A example is Shayna Baszler, who has a Catch wrestling background, when she puts you in a Armbar or any submission really, it "looks" painful as hell. If Ronda wants a more "real" type of Wrestling then go to Japan and join a Joshi Promotion instead of WWE, you know.

Again, that was my point Becky's "fake submission" is actually used in real life Marital Arts.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I get your point, but still to me calling out wrestling as fake is a "no shit" moment, which is always dumb.

I don't know, I haven't kept with it, but I'll take your word.

Oh, I agree. When some people do a Armbar of any kind sometimes it looks fake, but others make it "look" real and such. A example is Shayna Baszler, who has a Catch wrestling background, when she puts you in a Armbar or any submission really, it "looks" painful as hell. If Ronda wants a more "real" type of Wrestling then go to Japan and join a Joshi Promotion instead of WWE, you know.

Again, that was my point Becky's "fake submission" is actually used in real life Marital Arts.
The dis-harm-her is not anything I've seen before. I don't know it could possibly tap anyone out. Sure there's loads of arm locks you can do in that 'Becky got a dick' position. But beckys is ridiculous. As it should be because its wrestling

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The dis-harm-her is not anything I've seen before. I don't know it could possibly tap anyone out. Sure there's loads of arm locks you can do in that 'Becky got a dick' position. But beckys is ridiculous. As it should be because its wrestling
Here is a video of a Catch Wrestling Hold that is kind of the same thing, but yeah I'll agree Becky's does "look" fake and as you said it should be, which is fine.