Ronda Rousey issues apology for previous Sandy Hook video

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Text version:
I can't say how many times I've redrafted this apology over the last 11 years. How many times I've convinced myself it wasn't the right time or that I'd be causing even more damage by giving it. But eleven years ago I made the single most regrettable decision of my life.
I watched a Sandy Hook conspiracy video and reposted it on twitter. I didn't even believe it, but was so horrified at the truth that I was grasping for an alternative fiction to cling to instead. I quickly realized my mistake and took it down, but the damage was done.
By some miracle it seemingly slipped under the media's radar, I was never asked about it so I never spoke of it again, afraid that calling attention to it would have then opposite of the intended effect - it could increase the views of those conspiracy videos, and selfishly, inform even more people I was ignorant, self absorbed, and tone deaf enough to share one in the first place.
I drafted a thousandth apology to include in my last memoir, but my publisher begged me to take it out, saying it would overshadow everything else and do more harm than good. So I convinced myself that apologizing would just reopen the wound for no other reason than me selfishly trying to make myself feel better, that I would hurt those suffering even more and possibly lead more people down the black hole of conspiracy bullshit by it being brought up again just so I could try to shake the label of being a "Sandy Hook truther".
But honestly I deserve to be hated, labeled,detested, resented and worse for it. I deserve to lose out on every opportunity, I should have been canceled, I would have deserved it. I still do. I apologize that this came 11 years too late, but to those affected by the Sandy Hook massacre, from the bottom of my heart and depth of my soul I am so so sorry for the hurt I caused.
I can't even begin to imagine the pain you've endured and words cannot describe how thoroughly remorseful and ashamed I am of myself for contributing to it. I've regretted it every day of my life since and will continue to do so until the day I die. And to anyone else that's fallen down the black hole of bullshit. It doesn't make you edgy, or an independent thinker, you're not doing your due diligence entertaining every possibility by digesting these conspiracies.
They will only make you feel powerless, afraid, miserable and isolated. You're doing nothing but hurting others and yourself. Regardless of how many bridges you've burned over it, stop digging yourself a deeper hole, don't get wrapped up in the sunk cost fallacy, no matter how long you've gone down the wrong road, you should still turn back.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
For added context, she tried to do a reddit AMA a few days ago and every question was about this so it ended up not happening

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
For added context, she tried to do a reddit AMA a few days ago and every question was about this so it ended up not happening
I thought it did happen but she she just avoided those questions. but either way, the fact she was asked a bunch there and then actually made a statement is pretty great.

doesn't really make excuses in the apology either. Has not much to gain from it. I know might not change a lot of people's minds but like I said, my respect for her went up today

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I personally rather donations of the sorts kept private but that's just my pov on the matter with donations. hopefully she supports some causes on her private time tho i agree

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
doesn't really make excuses in the apology either.
...yea, that's why she put the big excuse in the fifth sentence and then talks a lot about why she didn't apologized, before finally getting to what she should've done in the first place.
Dropping an apology from her last book, because the publisher says "it would overshadow everything else", is also kind of a red flag here. If this was supposed to be an apology that doesn't feel half-empty, then she should've put it in and be like "if it does overshadow it, then so be it."

I'm sure she means what she says, don't get me wrong, but no one in their right mind should ignore the slightly bitter taste that comes with this apology. ...and the fact her comic Kickstarter campaign is in its last stretch doesn't help with that either.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
...yea, that's why she put the big excuse in the fifth sentence and then talks a lot about why she didn't apologized, before finally getting to what she should've done in the first place.
Dropping an apology from her last book, because the publisher says "it would overshadow everything else", is also kind of a red flag here. If this was supposed to be an apology that doesn't feel half-empty, then she should've put it in and be like "if it does overshadow it, then so be it."

I'm sure she means what she says, don't get me wrong, but no one in their right mind should ignore the slightly bitter taste that comes with this apology. ...and the fact her comic Kickstarter campaign is in its last stretch doesn't help with that either.
I mean I think people should be able to explain their thought process on things - she even admits at multiple occasions she originally got away with it. Personally think it was a good apology and I would not expect any more if I knew Ronda irl. While I think everyone is entitled to feel how they want to feel about people, I think some of expectations over a retweet and delete over 11 years ago is also maybe a bit extreme?

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
She's was asking for start up fund towards some horror novel she was writing. Pass on her and just donate in private or public, doesn't matter as long as she's does it.

Slated on Chris Van Vliets podcast as well by messages on YouTube. She should just go be a mom and look after her farm as far as I'm concerned.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The only thing I would have asked for would be for her to have owned up to it on her own without any pressure of a marketing event being hijacked first but otherwise I believe what she says. There's nothing that can be done to make up for the harm everyone that shared the misinformation caused. What matters here to me is that I believe she actually doesn't believe it anymore, she's apologizing because it got brought up, but she's not faking the thoughts in the apology IMO

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It's a damn good apology. 99% of public figure apologies are either half-assed or "sorry you're offended".

This feels like she's genuinely sorry for her actions. Good for her.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Children died.

Children.

If you’re a fucking adult and need to be told not to post stupid conspiracy videos, especially ones where some asshole took the lives of innocent children, you’re an idiot. Her claim of not even believing it, lmfao, right, that’s why someone would repost something like that on their platform where they have millions of followers, cuz they “didn’t believe it”.

Having said that, I believe that she feels dumb enough about it that she’s at least legit sorry for posting it. I’d like to think she reflected on it for real and genuinely wondered how she could be so foolish. I get that we all make mistakes, we are human, I’m just a little beside myself that what seems to be a normal functioning adult posted such a thing and thought it would be a good idea.

I also don’t think an old post needed to be dug up and addressed, it was 11 years ago, people need to do something else with their lives.

Reactions: Death By Looch