Ronda Rousey extremely critical on how women were treated in WWE in new book

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I'm just not a fan of immediately calling someone guilty when someone else accuses them. I work in a school, kids make shit up all the time to get back at the adults. A headmaster recently had to resign after receiving death threats because a student accused him of slapping her. Turns out he asked her to remove her hijab, she refused, got suspended, and she made the whole slap thing up for revenge.

Obviously not the same context at all here but it's for the principle. If Rousey can prove the string thing happened, I'll be all for Gulak getting fired of course.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean she's talking about some dude grabbing at her pants string, she's not asking for anybody's head. Logically there is little reason to make that up and believing her will have zero impact on Drew's career as I'm just a lowly forum user.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Not to mention given her acting skills, Ronda would struggle to act sick when calling in to work so I don't think she has the chops to lie about this this convincingly

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I mean she's talking about some dude grabbing at her pants string, she's not asking for anybody's head. Logically there is little reason to make that up and believing her will have zero impact on Drew's career as I'm just a lowly forum user.
My first comment was towards Sky's who's already hoping "Gulak gets what he deserves" which implies he's guilty even though there is no proof he is. I just see the world a different way. I still think guilty people deserve to be punished of course.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I don't think he will get anything - though I hope WWE observes their culture further.

for the record, you will almost never get an accusation with undeniable proof when it comes to sexual harassment, it will always be a he said she said situation, which is why women don't come forward a lot. So I personally don't really believe in the waiting for burden of proof for cases that generally will never have any, since unlike murder for example, there isn't a body to examine (just a random example)

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
But it taints your reputation for good.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
fact remains 81% of women in america have reported being sexually harassed (https://www.nsvrc.org/questions/how-common-sexual-harassment#:~:text=Nationwide, 81% of women and,or assault in their lifetime.) and 25% of women in america have reported being raped or attempted raped (https://www.nsvrc.org/statistics). and remember, that's REPORTED. The real figure is much higher as a large percent of women do not report.

yes false reports are damaging and should be handled legally with punishments. But as you see above, the statistics point towards it happening way more often than false accusations. That's why I always choose to believe women unless facts prove otherwise.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
actually sorry, 33%, one in 3, have been sexually assaulted or attempted upon, not 1 in 4. A whole THIRD of them. BETWEEN THE AGES OF 11 of 17!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I tend to believe her, I don't see what she would get out of it by making something like that up. She's such an odd case though because given her stature and who it was, why wouldn't she report it (unless she did and it's not in that part of the video.) I can understand there's cases like the Vince stuff, or higher ups where people are afraid for their jobs or reputations etc but I can't imagine her being either of those. If she reported it and they did nothing about it then she did what she could, but to make note about the environment or culture (whichever it was) while letting dude walk away unpunished for something that clearly bothered her is a little odd.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
she didn't report it because she confronted him directly, so I'm guessing in her mind it was handled. she also says she didn't trust management in the first place so it's not really that odd she would not bother to report it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
really tired of men telling women what, how and when they should report them being harassed though, ngl

Reactions: #Waddles

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Reactions: #Waddles

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Blind belief is dangerous.

This is why most laws have two lawyers to tell both sides and a judge or a group of peers decide the middle ground and consider that the truth.

Reactions: Swamps