• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

Luke Ronchi, the wicketkeeper-batsman from Western Australian, is in line for a Test debut after it was announced that he will fly to the West Indies as a 'shadow' player for Brad Haddin, who is recuperating from a broken finger. Haddin injured the ring finger of his right hand during the first Test in Kingston, and had scans after the second Test in Antigua.

"Due to Haddin 's injured finger and as a precaution against him missing the third Test and a part of the one-day series, Luke Ronchi will join the Australian touring team," Andrew Hilditch, the chairman of Australia's selection panel, said. "The need for Luke to remain with the squad will be decided as Haddin's fitness becomes clearer."

Explaining Ronchi's selection, Hilditch said: "Luke has had a very strong season in all forms of inter-state cricket and preformed very well on the Australia A team's tour at the start of the 2007-08 season. He is ready for any opportunity that may present itself and will benefit greatly from his time in the Australian environment in the West Indies."

Ronchi, 26, was impressive during Australia A's tour to Pakistan in September last year, and scored 107 in a four-day match against Pakistan A in Lahore. He was also consistent during the Pura Cup, scoring 444 runs from eight matches at 40.36. His profile, however, increased when he was signed by the Mumbai Indians IPL franchise on a three-year deal. But he could not fire in the inaugural edition of the tournament, making only 34 runs in four matches.

The third Test against West Indies starts on June 12 in Bridgetown.

I think Ronchi will do well.. Haddin on the Bat hasn't done well in this series.. So this could be make or break for Ronchi. (if he is picked for game 3)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I was talking about who would be the second keeper with The Australian Icon on MSN, and I said Luke Ronchi would be awesome, so I'm glad to see him get a go. H e is an awesomely attacking player.