SummerSlam Rollins vs...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Cesaro?

During last night’s WWE Smackdown taping, a feud began which could lead to a match at WWE SummerSlam.

The main event of the Smackdown tapings was WWE Champion Seth Rollins vs Cesaro in a non-title match. Rollins got the win, in what’s being described as a great match, after hitting the pedigree.

After the match, Kevin Owens came out, attacked Cesaro, and left him laying in the ring after hitting a pop-up powerbomb.

How do you feel about this?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If Cesaro's scheduled to win (and not get cashed in on by Sheamus), then yes. And if Cesaro's scheduled to just job, then no.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
If Owens attacked Cesaro then it'd more likely lead to a match between the two than Cesaro facing Rollins. If anything, they ought to do a fatal four way with Cesaro, Owens, Cena, and Rollins for the WWEWHC. They could add Rusev in the mix if Ziggler isn't back soon and have a Championship Scramble. I'm familiar with the rules of one, but have never actually watched one.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I would love to see an uninterrupted match between them, regardless of who wins. Though I wouldn't mind if Cesaro also lost the belt to Sheamus.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I seriously doubt they'd give away a WWE Championship match for an upcoming Summerslam on free television just weeks before the event. Traditional booking also says that if the heel is being challenged for his title, you make the babyface look as strong as possible leading up to the PPV by having him win virtually all of his matches (and maybe even pinning the champion in a tag team match) to make people believe he could become champion. Cesaro doing a clean job to Rollins is sort of counter-productive to that.

Owens attacking Cesaro after the match makes it appear more like the two of them will be squaring off in a grudge match at Summerslam instead. Cena will probably challenge Seth for the championship.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I have a feeling Seth will fight cena in some way. They seem to have already started that build.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If Owens attacked Cesaro then it'd more likely lead to a match between the two than Cesaro facing Rollins. If anything, they ought to do a fatal four way with Cesaro, Owens, Cena, and Rollins for the WWEWHC. They could add Rusev in the mix if Ziggler isn't back soon and have a Championship Scramble. I'm familiar with the rules of one, but have never actually watched one.
Sorry but I love your default pic. Harley looks amazing.

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
I have a feeling Seth will fight cena in some way. They seem to have already started that build.
I think this is it. They wouldn't have had started the Rollins and Cena little confrontation in the ring this past week both claiming to be the real champ. And John Cena ending in the ring holding his belt over his head saying, "The Champ Is Here!!!!"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If anything, they ought to do a fatal four way with Cesaro, Owens, Cena, and Rollins for the WWEWHC.

This sounds like it would be an amazing match if they kept the botches and sloppyness to a minimum.