Rollins & Ambrose going on the road for WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
Seth Rollins, the former Tyler Black, will be going on the road with the main WWE roster for the post-holiday TV and house shows the week of 12/26 so Producers and management can take a first hand look at him.

I don't know if he's being brought to the main roster officially, but there's been rumblings about bringing Rollins in recent weeks internally.

Rollins, a former ROH champion, has been one of the top standouts for WWE developmental this year with an incredible series of matches against Dean Ambrose.

Great news for him. Especially if it leads to him becoming a member of the WWE roster full-time.

Last edited by a moderator:

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
It should be Dean Ambrose aka Jon Moxley going on the road...

Tyler Black has gotten carried by Ambrose recently and it's kinda frustrating Black is getting the nod before Moxley :/.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i was never a fan of black, but thats good for him.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Black's been in FCW for ages but I do agree, Moxley should have been given the nod...

Anyways, I reckon there's a few more FCW guys who will make it to WWE in 2012.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It should be Dean Ambrose aka Jon Moxley going on the road...

Tyler Black has gotten carried by Ambrose recently and it's kinda frustrating Black is getting the nod before Moxley :/.

I don't think anyone has been carrying anyone in that feud I think that both are just very talented.

I would say that I would have brought both on the road rather than just Seth Rollins because both have shown that they are above the FCW level and should be on the main roster, as long as creative have a good storyline and some good gimmicks for them.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Good news for you Ambrose fans above

PWInsider said:
WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose worked last night's WWE event in Fort Meyers, Florida, losing to Daniel Bryan. Ambrose, the former Jon Moxley, has had a stellar year in Florida Championship Wrestling, feuding with Seth Rollins.

Debuting him against Bryan was the best possible idea to give management a real chance to see what he is capable of as the two had an incredible match in Dragon Gate USA in 2010.

As noted yesterday, Seth Rollins is slated to get a look on the main roster with the holiday week house shows as well.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Funny thing was, I read that that they had a 'comedy' match...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Excellent news that Dean Ambrose was given a run on the road as well. Both should be brought up together as both could add a lot to both brands.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I heard comedy match as well, probably testing Ambrose (I need to get used to that) Mannerisms and whatnot. I don't mind Black but I feel Moxley has a lot more talent and a much brighter future. Glad to see both getting a chance.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;LAhGxpCoB9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LAhGxpCoB9k[/video]​

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ambrose had a dark match before RAW:

pwinsider said:
Ted DiBiase pinned Dean Ambrose after hitting Ambrose with Dream Street. Before the match, Ambrose cut a nice promo making fun of Philadelphians (not totally sure if that's a real word) and warning everybody to stay out of his way when he's in the WWE. DiBiase got a really good pop, so the whole DiBiase Posse thing is going pretty well so far.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Seth Rollins is going on the road with WWE next week. He’s seen as the FCW star with the most potential, despite not being as polished as they’d like. The hope is that he learns to connect with the crowds better after getting experience working live events.

- While Seth Rollins is viewed as the developmental wrestler with the most upside right now, Dean Ambrose is right behind him and is a more well-rounded talent. Ambrose can talk and is a better worker than many of WWE’s main eveners.

- With CM Punk and and Daniel Bryan’s recent success as well as the potential of Rollins and Ambrose, the stigma behind being an “indy” worker is not as bad as it was even six months ago.
Anyone a regular watcher of Rollins to comment whether that's a fair assumption or not?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sure that most wrestlers struggle with the transition from connecting with maybe 500 people at an indy show compared to tens of thousands at a WWE event. It would be much more difficult getting all those people invested into the match and to keep their interest. I am sure that both will excel on the main roster if they are promoted.

I like how being an "indy star" has lost part of it's negativity, I really don't see why it is a bad thing that someone suceeded at a lower level, I thought that being a star in a lower league would be a positive thing since it shows that they can ride to the top.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I like how being an "indy star" has lost part of it's negativity, I really don't see why it is a bad thing that someone suceeded at a lower level, I thought that being a star in a lower league would be a positive thing since it shows that they can ride to the top.
Guessing it's because they're somewhat of a star and WWE would prefer to create theirs from scratch?