ROH-Wrestler of the Week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Great read SP, and I don't see Danielson going anywhere else for a while. He was on the Main Event on the first ever show, and he's one of the few that are still in ROH. (Checks Era of Honor Begins DVD Case) Yeah, he and the Briscoes were the only one's at the Era of Honor Begins, and it's kind of ironic that they're the best in ROH. I don't like him being a complete face, being a tweener for him is better. And it's really amazing that he's only in his mid 20's.

Qwake

thanks SP, Brian Danielson is basically the HHH of ROH lol. except he works hard in all his matches lol. Danielson is truely the man!!!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It's the final countdown!

Danielson is awesome, a great wrestler no doubt. The best in the world? Perhaps. I am not going to argue. He is definately the greatest technical wrestler in the world, and maybe has the weirdest name of a finisher in the world (cattle mutilation).

jackmcmanus21

Reaction score
Time to continue with the WOTW, and this week I profile another former ROH alum.... Low-Ki.

67n2e7k.jpg

Height and Weight:5'8 and 180 Pounds
Trained By:Jim Kettner and Homicide
Finishing Moves:Ki Krusher and The Ghetto Stomp/Warrior's Way
ROH Debut:ROH's First SHow
Notable Feuds:Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson, Amazing Red, Homicide, Xavier, Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe

Low-Ki made his debut in Ring Of Honor in its first show The Era of Honor Begins. In that show's main event he defeated "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson and "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. On July 27, 2002, at Crowning a Champion, Low-Ki became the first ever Ring Of Honor Champion by defeating Christopher Daniels, Spanky and Doug Williams in a Four Way Ironman match. On September 21, 2002, at Unscripted, he would lose the title to Xavier, who, after winning the title, became a member of Christopher Daniels stable The Prophecy.[9] Low-Ki left the promotion in 2004 due to the infamous Feinstein incident in ROH. He returned to Ring Of Honor in 2004 during the match, where Samoa Joe with Jay & Mark Briscoes fought against The Rottweilers (Homicide & the Havana Pitbulls). It looked like Low Ki would save Samoa Joe from the beatdown by The Rottweilers, but instead he spat on the ROH World Championship, which was then held by Samoa Joe, and joined the heel stable.

At "Weekend of Thunder Night 2" on November 6, 2004 he started a feud with Bryan Danielson, who was Low Ki's partner in a match against Samoa Joe and Jushin "Thunder" Liger. Ki & Danielson lost the match and Low Ki blamed his partner for that, so The Rottweilers started a beatdown on Danielson. On December 4, 2004, at All Star Extravaganza II, Bryan Danielson defeated Homicide of The Rottweilers. In that same event Low Ki wrestled Austin Aries in a #1 Contender's match to Samoa Joe's ROH World Championship. The match ended in a draw. ROH Officials extended the match, but Low Ki refused to wrestle, so the winner of the match became Austin Aries. Instead of facing Samoa Joe at Final Battle 2004, Low Ki wrestled Bryan Danielson, but Low Ki got himself disqualified and then attacked the referee. This was enough, for ROH Officials to suspend him indefinitely as a result.

Low Ki returned in 2005 and immediately attacked Jay Lethal at Manhattan Mayhem with his fellow Rottweiler Homicide. The impromptu tag team match was made: The Rottweilers vs Samoa Joe & Jay Lethal. Low Ki & Homicide won the match and injured Lethal with a Ghetto Stomp/Da Cop Killa combination. The feud continued at Death Before Dishonor 3, where Low Ki and Lethal faced each other in a singles match, but it ended in a no contest. They had a rematch at Redemption, but the ending was the same and Rottweilers beat Lethal down after the match. Finally, at Glory By Honor IV, a match between the two ended with Low Ki getting a pinfall victory over Jay. It looked like the feud was over, but when Samoa Joe went on to save Colt Cabana from a beatdown by The Rottweilers, Jay Lethal came out to even the odds and said that he wanted yet another rematch with Low Ki, which Lethal won this time, ending the feud. Later in the year, Low Ki helped Homicide in his feud against Colt Cabana. On December 17, 2005, at Final Battle 2005, he challenged KENTA for his GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship, but came up short. Low Ki left ROH once again in January 2006 He won his last match against Jack Evans. ROH covered his leaving by having the ROH commissioner Jim Cornette ban Low Ki from Ring of Honor for life after it was discovered that he was the one who knocked Cornette's tooth out at Tag Wars 2006.

Thoughts on Low-Ki:Ki is a cat of a different breed, to say the least. His style is probably the most unique in the States, because its just so stiff that it makes it all look real. His style may not appeal to the masses, but it does to me. His mic skills are non-existent, but he lets his action do the talking for the most part. I miss seeing him in ROH, I think he would have some great matches with the current crop of talent. Hopefully we'll get to see him there again someday.

He was unreal in ROH....such a talent

Reaction score
I am a huge Bryan Danielson mark he is probably my favourite active wrestler and in case you have not heard he is also "The Best Wrestler in the World Today", sorry I had to do that.

JACOBS OWNS

Reaction score
I Think Bryan Danielson is great but i like austin aries better than bryan danielson

D.Nuank

Reaction score
ROH Wrestler of the Week

Awesome idea. However it still seems a little pricey to me.

6 DVDs for 120 Free shipping on all

10 DVDs for 190

20 DVDs for 340

Pros

-Free Shipping
-Getting the newest stuff at your door the day the release

Cons

- You get the 6 newest DVDs no skipping poor shows
- PRICE

Myself personally its going to come down to IF they put these subscriptions on sale. I think its a GREAT idea. But they should be cheaper. IM not paying 700 for a years worth of ROH.

Thoughts???

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Damn spammer..

We should totally continue with this.. i nominate A double.

Montana

Awesome idea. However it still seems a little pricey to me.

6 DVDs for 120 Free shipping on all

10 DVDs for 190

20 DVDs for 340

Pros

-Free Shipping
-Getting the newest stuff at your door the day the release

Cons

- You get the 6 newest DVDs no skipping poor shows
- PRICE

Myself personally its going to come down to IF they put these subscriptions on sale. I think its a GREAT idea. But they should be cheaper. IM not paying 700 for a years worth of ROH.

Thoughts???

Theres a thread for this...but like you said it's WAY too pricey. Especially when they have a buy 3 get 2 free sale every other week now. I'd be surprised if many people are currently doing this.