ROH vs New Japan incoming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To make the final announcement, Koff allows the video screen to do the talking for him, and it shows a montage of action from both Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, and announces a pair of events coming up this May in New York and Toronto that will feature stars from both companies. After the video, Koff says that there's nothing better than ROH wrestling in North America, and soon it's going to be the world as well. Koff introduces Naoki Sugabayashi, the Chairman of New Japan Pro Wrestling, and his translator, Tiger Hatori. Hatori translates to say that they're very honored to be in Ring of Honor's hometown, and that they will present the biggest wrestling events in the world this May in Toronto and New York. Koff thanks the New Japan representatives for being a part of this, then lets us see the video one more time before the four of them pose for publicity photos.

That wraps it up for coverage of ROH Honorcon, we'll pick this back up when the TV taping begins at 7 PM!

Pretty exited, the right match ups could be real good. Anyone in either New York or Toronto should consider going.

aa3412de0b35d808d728443602cd6d72.jpg

Last edited:

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh Shit....Some Good matches can be predicted to come out of this.
Seems like a Nice Idea though to Branch ROH out to Japan by having stars from NJPW, Which Is Japan's biggest Promotion atm, go over and do a show or two in America with them. Good Business done by ROH there. (That is until we learn about how much they'll cost to appear :) )

Stopspot

Reaction score
Oh Shit....Some Good matches can be predicted to come out of this.
Seems like a Nice Idea though to Branch ROH out to Japan by having stars from NJPW, Which Is Japan's biggest Promotion atm, go over and do a show or two in America with them. Good Business done by ROH there. (That is until we learn about how much they'll cost to appear :) )
Since it is joint shows I assume the costs are split. Since New Japan are using them to establish themselves in the states and Canada.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Since it is joint shows I assume the costs are split. Since New Japan are using them to establish themselves in the states and Canada.
Good Business there by both companies. Time to think of Possible line ups:

Nakamura vs Cole
Okada vs Cole
Tanahasi vs Cole
Gedo and Jado vs Fish and O'Reilly

Stopspot

Reaction score
Good Business there by both companies. Time to think of Possible line ups:

Nakamura vs Cole
Okada vs Cole
Tanahasi vs Cole
Gedo and Jado vs Fish and O'Reilly
I see Cole vs Nakamura as the most likely. I don't see Cole dropping the belt to a New Japan guy but I also don't see him going over either of the two top champs in New Japan, Nakamura can take the loss well, especially if it is flunky.

As for who I want ReDragon to face: Timesplitters all the way, Fish and O'Reilly vs Shelley and Kushida. Then throw the Bucks vs ACH & Thomas in an IWGP jr tag defense, or the Hooligans.

Also @Senhor Perfect and that banned fool @CM Punk should totally go to the Toronto show and take pics.

Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
The video that was leaked online announced for the NJPW/ROH shows:

- IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada
- IWGP Intercontinental Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Shinsuke Nakamura
- Jushin "Thunder" Liger
- KUSHIDA
- Tamae Watanabe
- Jado & Gedo

B.Dazzle

Know Your Role!
Reaction score
The world needs Ciampa or Elgin vs Shibata

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
ROH's drones look like total jobbers compared to New Japan's wrestlers. But it doesn't matter anyway, because whoever from ROH faces anyone above Yujiro's place on totem pole, is going to lose. Styles is the only guy whom I could see going over someone like, let's say... Makabe? And even that is quite a stretch.

I hope Ishii and Nakamura teach Elgin and The Worst Wrestler on the Planet how to pace strikes and apply proper holds.

Stopspot

Reaction score
ROH AND NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING TO PRESENT 2 SUPER SHOWS THIS MAY

BREAKING – Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff has announced a pact with Mr. Naoki Sugabayashi, Chairman of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, during the first-ever ROH #HonorCon fan expo in Philadelphia.

Standing beside Mr. Sugabayashi, Mr. Koff detailed how the two organizations will present super shows this spring featuring the most popular and celebrated wrestlers from ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling, respectively.

Experience these super shows live when ROH and New Japan Pro Wrestling collide this May:

GLOBAL WARS: May 10th in Toronto at the Ted Reeve Arena, click here to buy tickets

WAR OF THE WORLDS: May 17th in Manhattan at the Hammerstein Ballroom, click hereto buy tickets.

The much talked about ROH/New Japan trailer promoting the events will be released tonight at www.ROHWrestling.com and on our youtube channel.

ROHwrestling.com will have more information about these events as the story develops.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
This alone could get me to start watching ROH regularly and I'll try to watch more of New Japan.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Where can I go to watch some of the New Japan matches? Do I just have to like find whatever match looks good and try and search for it on YouTube or is there like a site with a bunch of recent matches on there?