ROH TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Will it be cool with you guys if I'll post results on Sunday?

TKK

Reaction score
This is last night's show ...

Tag Team Tournament Qualifying Match: The Briscoes (Mark and Jay) vs. BLK OUT (Jeez and Ruckus)

Mark and Ruckus start off the match, as the lock up. Mark gets a Headlock. Mark runs the ropes, but is taken down with a Headscissors Takedown. Ruckus does a Handspring Kick to Mark. Ruckus shoulders Mark into the corner. Mark tags Jay, as he kicks Ruckus with a Big Boot. Jay stomps Ruckus in the corner, and whips him to the opposite corner. Jay catches Ruckus, but is kicked in the head. Jeez is tagged, as he does a Leapfrog. Jeez hits a Dropkick to Jay, and a Frankensteiner to Mark. Both Briscoes go to the floor, as Jeez sets up for a dive. Jeez runs the ropes and does a Somersault Plancha onto the brothers. Ruckus follows with a Plancha of his own.

-Commercials

Jeez whips Jay, and goes for a Dropkick. Jay moves away, as Mark hits a Big Boot. Mark whips Jeez, and hits another Big Boot. Snapmare by Mark follows him going top rope. Mark misses with a Springboard Elbow, as Mark is covered. Kick out. Jeez tags Ruckus, as he does a Suplex. Pin, but a kick out. Ruckus tags Jeez again. BLK OUT whip Mark as they do a series of combinations, ending with a kick to Mark’s face. Ruckus whips Mark into the corner, but Briscoe catches Ruckus. Mark throws Ruckus into the corner with an Exploder Suplex. Jay is tagged as he begins punching Jeez. Jay whips Jeez, and does a Back Body Drop. Ruckus does a Cartwheel Back Elbow, but is hit with a Spinebuster. Jeez is then hit with a Falcon Arrow. Jeez is put on the top rope, as he does a Headscissors to take down Jay. Jeez hits running knees to Jay in the corner. Ruckus Powerbombs Jeez on top of Jay. Pin, but a kick out. Ruckus is tagged, as they go for a combination move. Jay kicks Jeez, as he rolls out of the ring. Jay hits a Neckbreaker to Ruckus, followed by Mark hitting Froggie Bow for the win.

Winners: The Briscoes via Pinfall

Veda Scott is interviewing Truth Martini backstage. Truth says Martini brought the solution to Jim Cornette’s problem. Truth says Rhino will take out Kevin Steen, and will be new World Champion. Truth is then asked about Roderick Strong and Michael Elgin. Martini says Veda is stirring the pot, but would never steer them in the wrong direction. Truth says he isn’t worried about them trying to get even, saying “truth will always out number scum.”

-Commercials

Mike Sydal makes his way to the ring. Mike Bennett and Maria make their way to the ring.

“The Prodigy” Mike Bennett w/ Maria vs. “Rock n’ Roll” Mike Sydal

Bennett kicks Mike in the gut, but gets caught in a Waistlock. Bennett elbows out, as Sydal and Bennett trade fists. Sydal goes top rope, but Bennett Dropkicks Sydal to the floor. Bennett throws Sydal to the barricade, back first. Sydal is rolled into the ring, and pinned. Kick out, as Bennett begins stomping Sydal in the corner. Bennett does a Snapmare as he pulls Sydal’s arm over his head. Sydal punches out, and runs the ropes. Bennett catches Sydal into a Spinebuster and pins. Kick out. Sydal goes for a Piledriver, but Sydal reveres into a pin. Sydal hits a Neckbreaker. Sydal is backed into the corner, but takes Mike down with a Double Knee. Sydal does a Standing Moonsault and pins. Kick out. Bennett does a Big Boot, followed by a Box Office Smash. Pin, but a Kick out. Sydal is locked in a Cobra Clutch. Mike Mondo comes to the ring, and kisses Maria. Bennett is furious as he chases Mondo around the ring. Mondo makes it backstage, and Bennett follows. Bennett is counted out.

Winner: “Rock n’ Roll” Mike Sydal via Count Out

-Commercials

RD Evans joins Kelly and McGuinness on commentary as he says that Tommaso Ciampa is the hottest property and talent. Mike Posey makes his way to the ring. Tommaso Ciampa makes his way to the ring.

“The Sicilian Psychopath” Tommaso Ciampa vs. Mike Posey

Ciampa drills Posey with a kick, and begins attacking him. Ciampa whips Posey, and is put on his shoulders. Mike tries to get off Ciampa’s shoulders, but Tommaso throws him to the floor. Ciampa goes to the floor to rip the matting off the floor. Posey is rolled on the apron, as he snaps Ciampa’s neck against the ropes. Posey goes top rope, and takes Ciampa down with his knees. Ciampa knees Posey in the temple while seated in the corner. Ciampa follows with Project Ciampa for the win.

Winner: “The Sicilian Psychopath”Tommaso Ciampa via Pinfall

After the match, Prince Nana comes to the commentating table and chokes RD Evans. Ciampa runs through the crowd to the table, but Nana runs away. RD Evans lays where the commentating table once was, as Ciampa checks on him.

Inside ROH:

Charlie Haas has one down, two to go. Haas says Shelton Benjamin’s suspension is up and fully intends to have him in his corner. Haas says when he wins the belts, he will be their will Shelton. Rhett Titus says he will not only have eyes in the back of his head, he will keep his eyes on Shelton and Haas. Titus says he may be alone, but fights with the strength of two.
Highlights of last week’s Ring of Honor are shown. Jay Lethal speaks off Jim Cornette telling him that he is a good wrestler, but couldn’t beat him. Jay says he was told he isn’t mean enough. That Lethal lacks “killer instinct.” Jay does a low blow to Matt Taven, followed by attacking the ref. Backstage, Lethal says he can only be pushed so long. Jay says he is driven, and will become the Ring of Honor World Champion. Jay will face Homicide, and says he will wake everybody up. Jay says he is the man to beat Kevin Steen.
-Commercials

A video package for “Unbreakble” Michael Elgin is shown.

Michael Elgin makes his way to the ring with Truth Martini and the Guardians of Truth. Adam Cole makes his way to the ring.

-Commercials

Ring of Honor World Television Championship Match: Adam Cole (c) vs. “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini and Guardians of Truth

Adam and Michael lock up, as Adam is backed into the corner. Michael clean breaks, and backs up. Adam gets a Side Headlcok, and is thrown against heh ropes. Adam tries for a Shoulder Takedown, but Elgin stands. Adam goes for an Arm Drag, but Elgin hold his arm. Elgin throws Adam into the corner. Adam gets a Waistlock, but is backed into the corner, Cole gets in front of Elgin punching him in the gut. Adam is pushed, as he follows with a Hurricanrana attempt. Elgin catches him, but gets rolled up. Adam and Michael trade pins. Cole kicks Elgin’s leg in the corner, and goes top rope. Adam does a Missile Drop Kick to Elgin’s leg. Adam runs the ropes, and hits a Shining Wizard. Pin, but a kick out. Elgin throws Cole to the ropes,and does a German Suplex. Pin, but a kick out. Adam is chopped in the corner. Cole is put on the top rope, as Elgin follows. Elgin goes for a Superplex, but Cole goes for a Sunset Flip Powerbomb. Elgin holds the ropes, so Adam gets away from Elgin and pushes his legs to the ropes. Adam does a Backbreaker to Elgin. Elgin and Cole trade forearms in the middle of the ring, on their knees. They get back to their feet, as Elgin runs the ropes. Cole follows, and hits an Enziguri. Cole is put on the apron, and elbows Elgin. Cole goes top rope, and goes for a Crossbody. Elgin catches him, but Cole gets away. Cole does a Superkick, followed by Shoulder Breaker. Pin, but a kick out. Elgin picks up Cole, and goes for a Buckle Bomb. Cole is thrown into the ropes by accident.

Winner: N/A

The Guardians of Truth begin attack Cole, but Elgin drags Adam away. Elgin begins yelling, as S.C.U.M. comes to the ring and attacks the House of Truth. Rhino saves Elgin from Kevin Steen, as they fight in the corner. Elgin contemplates stopping Rhino, but before he can Roderick Strong comes to the ring and starts attacking Steen. Strong is pulled away by Elgin, as they stare each other down. The House of Truth and S.C.U.M. begin fighting as the show ends.

The only problem I have is Sydal beat Bennett, seems like an okay show.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
TKK has this in his hands.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Can someone explain to me why Mike Sydal is suddenly becoming apart of the ROH roster?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

TKK

Reaction score
They're trying to pull fans into thinking that they signed Evan Bourne.

TKK

Reaction score
Something to talk about in here:

What I wonder about ROH is, considering that they were built upon the idea of having all of the top indy stars together, why the hell isn't Sami Callihan, Brian Cage, Willie Mack, Chuck Taylor etc. on the roster?

I realise that it's not as simple as picking them up but, Sami was already in the company and Taylor lives in the area. Flying in Cage, Mack wouldn't be that much more expensive than having ex-WWE wrestlers in the long run and much be much more beneficial.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Sami in RoH? Although I would love to see him in RoH I have a feeling that they would book him sooo, sooo, sooo bad.

TKK

Reaction score
They did book him bad earlier in his career, but he's now one of the bigger names in the indies. He could come in and have an immediate impact because a lot of fan would already recognise him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished this week's episode and I was happy with it. My thoughts on the matches are in the LWMW thread. I really liked how the show ended, and it got me real pumped for Elgin/Steen.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, I think Sami belongs back in ROH now. He's the like the fast rising guy in the Indy scene right now that isn't currently working for them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Last week's and this week's shows are Road Rage episodes from Boiling Point, so I won't be watching them. I've said before that I'm fine with the Road Rage concept, but I don't want them showing PPVs that I've already seen on it, they should show live events.