ROH Second Tier Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fatal 55

Reaction score
K... i'm kind of new to ROH & have only seen a few shows so i'm not exactly an expert.

What i'm wondering though is, do you think that they should have a second Tier Title similar to WWE's Intercontinental Title to use as a step up for people on the roster & give a meaning to some of the feuds. I understand they used to have 1 called The Pure Title but it got unified with the world.

IMO it's a tight line because on the upside it could give guys more of a chance of getting gold & on the downside it brings down the value of the ROH World Title. What are your opinions on the title & if it should be reinstated or not brought back.

Rell

Reaction score
ROH actually had a Second Tier Title in the past (Pure Title) but it has been unified with the ROH world title. I'm not sure if they should bring the title back or un-unify the titles, at least not yet. I like the idea of "Less is more". The less titles ROH has, the more prestigious the titles become. Maybe in the future if ROH has a secure television deal, they should think about bringing in a 2nd/Mid-Card title, but at this very moment I believe ROH is fine.

...actually at this moment, it doesn't seem like ROH even has a mid-card. Its like if your not in the title picture, your probably in a tag team...if your not in a team or in the title picture, your either a jobber or competing to get into the title picture.

Soulpower

In a way they do have a second tier title... The FIP title. The only drawback from the title is the fact that it will probably never change hands in at ROH show, because it would make FIP seem inferior in comparison.

For now, things have been going great without a second-tier title, so I say they should keep things the way they are for now. As ROH continues to grow and attract more wrestlers, then they'll eventuall add another title, but for now its all good.

Montana

I could be wrong on this, but they use other International titles and Indy titles on their shows. FIP Title, Shimmer title, and a few japan belts.

ROH does have a pretty strong mid card, but they can put on a good show without a mid card title. I think once they have Live PPV, then a midcard belt will be better.

I also think its good for the wrestlers too, because there really isnt any jobbers, or midcarders. The midcarders cna be used to main event too. Like Adam Peirce for example, at Good Times, Great Memories, he main event. This is regaurd, it makes all the wrestlers seem equal.

Rell

Reaction score
^ They do but the title's rarely changes hands at ROH events, but it has happened before. I remember Danielson taking the FIP title away from Roderick Strong at an ROH event.

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
...actually at this moment, it doesn't seem like ROH even has a mid-card. Its like if your not in the title picture, your probably in a tag team...if your not in a team or in the title picture, your either a jobber or competing to get into the title picture.
BJ Whitmer, Jimmy Jacobs, Jimmy Rave, Chris Hero, Erick Stevens, Matt Cross, SHINGO for a while, Delirious, Colt Cabana before he left, Adam Pearce. HOW is that not a midcard?

But seriously, Gabe's gone on record numerous times and said that he hates midcard titles. It's like there's no point and why would you aim for the lower title when you can take the main one.

And for the person who made the thread -- Titles don't make a feud important. I hate how they can throw champion and contender together in WWE or TNA and expect buyrates nowadays. Things are carefully planned and wrestlers only really hate each other for good reason in ROH.

I liked the Pure Title. I loved Lethal and McGuiness' reigns. I trust the decision to unify the belts, for whatever reason, but I'd have been happy with them keeping it. The only reason ROH would ever make another singles title was if they were to make another set of rules to go with it, like a division.

Rell

Reaction score
On that list Delirious, Hero, and Jacobs (injured) are the only guys I would consider Mid-Carders. I would say Matt Cross (Is he even on the full time roster?) & Adam Peirce are lower card wrestlers. I think Hero will be a in the ME scene when this Morishima/Nigel stuff is over. Colt cabana isn't on the ROH roster anymore and Shingo is in a tag team with Naruki Doi (I could be wrong)

If ROH wants a mid-card title they will need to push lower card wrestlers, and maybe sign a few guys who can come in and compete on the mid-card level (Chuck Taylor, Quack, Tyler Black, etc.) But as of right now, I believe ROH is fine the way it is.

shawnesty23

Reaction score
yea i didnt really like the pure title, and i dont think roh needs another title, especially with 2 hour ppvs, that title would never get on those shows either

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Iam bit like Gabe on this one why go for a mid-card title when you could have the big one, Basically most people do end up getting sometime. Also the fact the more belts you have the less prestigue they have.

I wouldn't mind having a belt which was basically used as the way they determined the number one contender for the big one (ROH championship)
Alot like the I.C title was back in day if you catch my drift, Basically a stepping stone to the big one.