ROH says farewell to Kevin Steen

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Steen's 3 last matches:

Hopkins MA: Steen vs Ciampa

Cincinnati OH: Steen vs Young (NO DQ)

Dearborn MI: Steen vs Corino

Get hyped.

Stopspot

Reaction score
That's gonna be tough. They gave Hero a bunch of shit and he's half of Steens size.
You obviously haven't seen Hero now. Dude's fucking fattyboomballaty.

It's not so much about weight (something Steen has been working on since this tryout started), but medical issues. His knees and such

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
You obviously haven't seen Hero now. Dude's fucking fattyboomballaty.

It's not so much about weight (something Steen has been working on since this tryout started), but medical issues. His knees and such
Well best of luck to him. I think he'd do better in TNA tbh. Steen isn't exactly PG friendly.

Stopspot

Reaction score
He'll adapt. It's not like his act is reliant on swear words.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He'll adapt. It's not like his act is reliant on swear words.
I wonder if WWE has a place for him. I'm certain they do, otherwise they wouldn't sign him.
If he's signed to simply enhance talent, I would decline if I were him.
Steen has a unique look (ala Wyatt) and has more going for him character wise than a guy such as Ryback or Axel

He isn't big, but he isn't small. He can work the audience with the best of them

Stopspot

Reaction score
I wonder if WWE has a place for him. I'm certain they do, otherwise they wouldn't sign him.
If he's signed to simply enhance talent, I would decline if I were him.
Steen has a unique look (ala Wyatt) and has more going for him character wise than a guy such as Ryback or Axel

He isn't big, but he isn't small. He can work the audience with the best of them
You're preaching to the choir if you're trying to tell me that Steen's a talented bloke. He's been a bit of a schyster on the indys for the last year, goofing off and just trying to sell merch but the dude is top of the top when motivated. A change in scenery is what he needs.

HHH and company knows talent, and signs talent if they have a spot for them to fill. Prime example is Steen, they are courting him so obviously they have some idea of a spot for him. But they declined on Ricochet. Arguably the greatest high flyer today because they already have a talented high flyer in Adrian Neville.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir if you're trying to tell me that Steen's a talented bloke. He's been a bit of a schyster on the indys for the last year, goofing off and just trying to sell merch but the dude is top of the top when motivated. A change in scenery is what he needs.

HHH and company knows talent, and signs talent if they have a spot for them to fill. Prime example is Steen, they are courting him so obviously they have some idea of a spot for him. But they declined on Ricochet. Arguably the greatest high flyer today because they already have a talented high flyer in Adrian Neville.

No need to elaborate any further. Spot on

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Hopefully since it's his real name they keep it Kevin Steen but if they change the name, *dislike*

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kevin Steen is three syllables long so he has that going for him.
Though he has options, (and unlike Punk) he's a relatively short and not as young as he could be.
In doing negotiations, he must realize he's in his prime years from a financial standpoint and can't afford to come to WWE later
He can't really make more elsewhere and he isn't getting any younger.
I'm not sure how good shape his body is in. I can't imagine it's tip top considering he's overweight and has worked a high risk style.

Steen didn't have many options, but there are reasons HHH and Rock never body slammed or took high risks (though they had the ability to do so).

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Unlikely.
I know, but they could do what they did to Bryan Danielson and make it into a trademark name without butchering his gimmick, name ETC.