ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

RESULTS

a) Jordan McIntyre & ??? over The Bravado Brothers

b) Grizzly Redwood over Tony Kozina

c) Bobby Dempsey, Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne & Mike Sydal over Aaron Scott, Shawn Schultz & Muscle Machine

~Jim Cornette opened the show with a promo talking about how ROH is there to give the fans the wrestlers and the wrestling that they WANT to see.

1. Challenge Match
Roderick Strong over Kevin Steen via roll up following a Package Piledriver from Steen, which Strong used momentum to bound out of and gain the pinfall.

2. SHIMMER Challenge Match
SHIMMER Champion MsChif over Nicole Matthews

Austin Aries out to draw for the "A Double L Double" and the name drawn is:

DAIZEE HAZE

Delirious accompanies Haze along with Jim Cornette.

Cornette establishes Austin Aries v. Delirious for the ROH World Title officially for tonight.

3. Four Corner Survival Match
"Very European" Claudio Castagnoli over "Crazy" Ace Steel, Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana and Petey Williams following a Ricola Bomb on Steel.

4. Tag Team Challenge Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe over The House of Truth of Josh Raymond & Christin Able w/ Truth Martini when Jay Briscoe pinned Josh Raymond after the Springboard Doomsday Device - crowd was into the match BIG TIME!

INTERMISSION

5. Challenge Match
Kenny Omega over Davey Richards in a must see match with a small package; just hard-hitting, all action from bell to bell. (****) match and per Fanatic "this is the reason I come to shows!"

6. Tag Team Challenge Match
Kenny King & Rhett "Addicted to Love" Titus over The Young Bucks of Nick & Matt Jackson; Bucks hit "More Bang for Your Buck" on King, but Titus schoolboyed Matt for the pin and held the tights!

7. Challenge Match
Tyler Black over "That Young Knock Out Kid" Chris Hero after God's Last Gift and surviving murderous elbows from Hero.

8. Ring of Honor World Title "A Double, L Double" Match
Austin Aries (C) over Delirious to retain his title - at one point Aries did his missile dive and took out Daizee Haze on the floor. Delirious went for the aid, but Aries nailed a Brainbuster to the floor but Delirious beat the count back in the ring. Comeback was made, only to see Delirious miss Shadows Over Hell. Aries nails a kick to the head and Brainbuster again to win it.

====================================================

Good time for Delirious title shot. Seems like a decent show. A little mad Tyler Black beat Chris Hero, but oh well. The tag matches sound good as well.

dark patriot

Reaction score
just watched Omega vs. Richards on the PWG 99 dvd and it's no surprise that these two had a blow away match. with Omega being booked more often i can see him getting a bigger push and he's got the talent to make the most of it.

Qwake

Looks like a good show, I am really liking the A Double L Double, makes for some fresh new world title matches which is good. I'm pissed off about Tyler Black again beating Hero, getting a little sikc of Black winning tbh. A few matches on here I really want to see, Omega Vs Richards, Briscoes Vs House of Truth and Main Event.

Hopefully SOTF will be even better than this, has the potential to be with the card lineup.

Soulpower

Jim Cornette opens show. Delirious has bye into SOTF Finale

1. Tag Team Challenge Match The Young Bucks of Nick & Matt Jackson over The House of Truth of Josh Raymond & Christin Able

2. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana over Kevin Steen

3. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match Roderick Strong over Rhett "Addicted to Love" Titus

4. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match Tyler Black over "The Pretty Boy Pitbull” Kenny King

INTERMISSION

5. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match Claudio Castagnoli over Petey Williams

6. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match "That Young Knock Out Kid" Chris Hero over Kenny Omega

7. Tag Team Dream Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe over ROH World Champion Austin Aries & ROH Co-Tag Team Champion Davey Richards when Jay pinned Davey after Doomsday Device; Aries walked out on Davey and they spent time during the match trying to one-up each other.

8. Survival of the Fittest Match
Tyler Black over Roderick Strong, "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero, Delrious, Colt Cabana and Claudio Castagnoli

~elimination #1: Colt Cabana eliminated Claudio after a Hero elbow meant for Colt KO'ed Claudio
~elimination #2: Delirious eliminated Colt Cabana via roll up
~elimination #3: Roderick Strong eliminated Delirious after a running kick
~elimination #4: Tyler Black eliminated Chris Hero after superkick, turnbuckle bomb and God's Last Gift.

Final 2: Roderick Strong and Tyler Black

Black used 4 superkicks to finally keep Roddy down and win SoTF 2009 and a future World Title shot.

Black cuts a promo that the future is now & it is time for his revolution to begin - Roddy tells him that he wants a re-match.

Qwake

The results look pretty good, I thought Black was going to win and get himself another title shot which sucks as he gets alot of title shots whereas othet guys in the match don't get too many shots but still. Looks like they're building a few things, Aries and Richards, Aries leaving during the match was smart, Davey still has a title shot to use so that should be good. Now we have Black with a title shot but also Roderick Strong wants a rematch with Black which could be good.

Montana

Sounds like a good show. Doesn't really seem like Tyler Black needs any more of a push, but oh well. I thought one of the newer/younger guys would benefit more. I guess they want to make Black a "Ace" of ROH.

Word on the website is that Kevin Steen will be out for a year. A major blow to ROH who has already lost Danielson, Nigel, Jacobs, Lynn, in about the past 3-4 months.

Qwake

I guess ROH are going to try to make Black then new Danielson-like figure or something.

Yeah sucks for Steen and ROH, the only good I can see coming from this is seeing El Generico go on a little bit of a singles run, that'll be good and refreshing after seeing him in the tag division for so long. He could have some great matches with alot of the new talent.

Soulpower

I guess that the reason for Black winning is that they'll FINALLY pull the trigger on a Black title run in the future.

As for Steen, there's nothing really I can say. He's been one of the most consistent wrestlers for ROH these past couple of years, so losing him for such a long period of time will be a bit of a blow for ROH. I do agree with Qwake that this leaves Generico open for a singles push, since he's a guy that can put on a great match with just about anyone.

Montana

True, you hate to see Steen get injuried and be out for such a long period of time, however what more was left for Steenerico after the Ladder War II? I thought they were both headed to singles competition rather soon.

I was even thinking....maybe ROH used this to set up Roddy vs Black at Final Battle, and Richards vs. Aries as well.

Montana

Results:

Pre-Show
1.)Bravado Bros over Eddie Venom and some guy with JS on his trunks.
2.)Bobby Dempsey squahes some guy with mutton chops and dickie pants until King and Titus run in.

3.)Tony Kozina wins over some kid with a KO on his knees.Maybe O'Rieley?The kid looks alot like Roddy.

Main Show

Bobby Cruise's shirt is mint.Tie has a design on it.Not in much in the way of GA seating.

1.)Briscoes over House Of Truth with the Doomsday Device.Not a bad match.

2.)Claudio with Nana vs. Tyler is up now.They announced the rankings during the introductions.

Tyler retains his ranking w/ a rollup out of an airplane spin. Crowd was mostly dead until the very end.

3.)Embassy/Super Smash Bros is up now.Dos is maskless.Stevens gets the pin when he clotheslines Dos. Looked like Uno tweaked his knee.

4.)Nakajima/Omega is up now.Hard hitting right from the start.New haircut on Nakajima.Spikey.Nakajima hits a DDT on the ramp.Kenny wins surprisingly.Great match.Few slip ups late in the match hurt this match.Nakajima attacks after the bell.Asks for one more then handshake is followed.

Intermission.Return date is March 19th back in Novi.

5.)Back from intermission.Cabana and Delirious agnaist Titus and King is up now.Cabana and Delirious win when King taps to the Billy Goat's Curse.

6.)Chris Hero vs.Roderick Strong is up now.Hero wins with the loaded elbow pad.Chris Hero is now your new number one in the Pick 6.

7.)Young Bucks agnaist Steen and Generico is up now.Steen and Generico win when Generico hits the brainbuster on Nick for the win.Got That Was Awesome chants after the match.

8.)Main event time.Aries/Davey is up now and this is the first World Title match in Detroit since Nigel/Claudio back at New Horizons.Someone got their streamers stuck in the rafters above the ring.Numerous Davey chants.Davey does a suicide dive into the 3rd row.Whole crowd is on their feet in unison with a Davey Richards chant.Aries is kicking out of everything.Aries hit the brainbuster on the apron.Aries retains by ref stoppage after a series of knees and brainbuster and last chancery.Incredible match.

======================================================

I know how everyone like match ratings....

Aries vs. Richards - 4.5 ... Maybe higher, but probably not any lower. Both guys brought their A game. Richards was insanely over in Detroit. The place was standing for about the final ten minutes. You gotta see this.

Steenerico vs. Young Bucks. 3.5 Thank god Steenerico won. The Bucks weren't really over in Detroit, and this match kinda dragged. Not a bad match, i just think the crowd was a little burned out, or resting for the main event.

Chris Hero vs. Roderick Strong 3.25 - Typical good match between these two. Nothing great.

Cabana + Delirous vs. King TItus - Solid stuff, entertaining. 2.5

NakaJima vs. OMega 3.75 - 4.0 - I heard there were a few slips in this one, none the less, amazing match. Crowd was really into this one.

EMbassy vs. Super Smash Bros - 2.0 - They should have made Stevens look like a monster and destory these guys.

Black vs. Cluadio - 3.0 Cool finish, 3.0 might be generous on this one.

Briscoes vs. HOT - 3.0 nice opener, typical Briscoes, certainly could have done better, but it was the opener.

===========================================================

Oddly enough, i'm not sure if i liked this more than Violent Tendancies, which i thought was AWESOME live. (OK on DVD) It Could just be myself over hyping myself for this show. I thought Hero/Strong and Bucks/Steenerico under delivered. This show seemed like it was missing the little stuff, that ROH puts in every show. Brawling in the crowd, A speciality match, Comedy match, more mic time before the match. I thought those things would have made the live experience a little better. None the less, ROH put on a Great show, don't get me wrong.

Montana

Pre-Show

1.)Keith Walker and Andy Ridge defeat Bravado Brothers when Walker pins one of the Bravados with a Baldo Bomb.

2.)Pelle Primeau and Grizzley Redwood defeat Alex Sugarfoot Payne and Bobby Dempsey when Pelle pins Payne after a jumping DDT from the 2nd rope.

Main-Show

Show starts with a 10-bell salute to Eddie Fatu(Umaga)

Jim Cornette comes out puts over Chicago and ROH.He promises no outside interference in Cabana/Aries.

1.)“Skullkrusherâ€￾ Rasche Brown vs. Sami Callihan vs. Shane Hollister vs. Joey Ryan is up now.Ryan wins with a 2nd rope swinging neckbreaker(Who Wants A Mustache Ride)to win 4-corner survival.Skullcrusher was over huge.

2.)Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kevin Steen is up now.Claudio wins when Steen taps to the sharpshooter.Very decent..Steen worked hard even with a bad knee.After the match Steen says after that its his sons 2nd birthday but because of the reaction here after ladder war he felt he owed us a thank you.

3.)House Of Truth vs. Young Bucks is up now.HOT over Young Bucks when Raymond rolls up Nick and grabs the tights.Good match and HOT can hang with the Bucks.

ROH returns to Chicago on April 24,2010

4.)Roderick Strong vs. Kenny Omega is up now.Roderick wins with a Gibson Driver.Slow paced methodical match..but very good.

Intermission and attendance is probably around 650.

5.)Necro vs. Erick Stevens is up now.Necro wins by DQ when Stevens blasts him with a chair.That fires up Necro and they have a pull apart brawl.

6.)Tyler Black vs. Kenny King is up now.Tyler wins with God's Last Gift.Really good match and both guys were great.

7.)Briscoes vs. Dark City Fight Club is up now.Briscoes win when Mark pins Kory Chavis with a sunset flip.Brawl afterwards till Jay runs DCFC off with a chair.Says they'll see them again and calls DCFC pussies.Really good match but ended out of nowhere.

8.)Cage is being setup.Bobby Cruise is ripping on fans wearing Chicago jerseys.Aries/Cabana is up now.Aries wins when Aries was agnaist the cage and Cabana hit the buttbutt bump putting Aries through the cage.Aries hits the floor and wins!!Cool ending.

========================================================

Glad to see the House of Truth over the Young Bucks. Sounds like a solid show. King/Black was the MOTN from what i hear. And Claudio is the new #1 in the pick 6. (until next week)

Qwake

Looks like a good show, everything looks worth watching besides Necro Vs Stevens, Necro's matches are always ending in DQ or something like that, ruins them tbh. Pretty cool they gave a 10 bell salute for Umaga even though he wasn't with the company from what I know.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
no Friday show? this show looked fine, but I guess it's only setup to Final Battle in 2 weeks. that Aries/Cabana match had a really nice finish, I think WWE or TNA might use that. (I remember Umaga did that against someone, IIRC)

Montana

Detroit was scheduled to be the Friday show, but they had to change venues, so they moved the Detroit show up a few weeks.