ROH Manassas Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edgehead09

Reaction score
so..im kinda pissed...jacobs vs. black is in New Jersey...they better bring the bang wit the main event for Mannassas

therazar

Reaction score
You would rather go see a NWA Arizona show over Ring of Honor? Thats funny.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Screw ROH. If they aren't going to take their shit down here to AZ, than i'd rather watch 2 homos killing each other in their backyards, and throwing themselves off of houses.

Montana

Its a work in progress Dylan. Whens the last time TNA came to AZ. They have to do whats good for business. Slowly ROH is branching out to new markets. Had they done better on the west, I'm sure they have a westcoast road trip annually. If people in the west don't support PWG, why should ROH go to the west? PWG/ROH aren't that different.

Im surprised they pulled the trigger on Black/Jacobs so soon myself as well. I wouldn't expect any huge matches for virginia, just a good overall show.

edgehead09

Reaction score
they did bring the Guns last show..which i missed and am still bitter...plus i missed Jimmy Jacobs singin at Ihop t like 2 in the mornin..lol..dont even ask..but this show should be good..i would MARK for London

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
TNA doesn't come to AZ because they know we'd kick their candy asses right out of the state. I know a hand full of people who would want to go .. Like 12 off the top of my head lol. I think if they would advertise a couple a months ahead of time, the show could even get sold out, hell I'd even pass out fliers all day long. We've got a lot of fans out here, like 2 months ago I heard tons of people talking about ROH during an NWA event.it was a fairly big group too.

Montana

Back to the subject at hand...updated card.

Non Title Match
ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black

Tag Team Challenge Match
The American Wolves of Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Briscoe & ???

Grudge Match
The Necro Butcher vs. Delirious

Tag Team Attraction
Brent Albright & Erick Stevens vs. Damien Wayne & Chris Escobar

Already announced as appearing on this event:
-Bryan Danielson
-Jerry Lynn
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Roderick Strong
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Sean Denny

edgehead09

Reaction score
McGuiness and Black should be great if anythin like their last match...Denny and Esco are good as a tag team so they should be doin some nice stuff wit Stevens and Albright...Kinda pissed the Edison gets Lynn/Dainelson and Black/Jacobs

Montana

There is a pecking order. Basically its a rule where one city is better than another, so the matches/show will be better as well. Also a saturday show, is almost always better than a friday show. The pecking order is based on fans/revenue.

1) New York

2) Chicago

3) Philly

4) New Jersey

5/6) Detroit / Boston

7) Canada (Tor/Mont)

8) Florida (Orlando/Coral Springs)

9) Ohio (Dayton/Cleveland)

10) Conn.

11) Virginia

12) Nashville

13) St. Louis

14) Indiana

edgehead09

Reaction score
well..i call BS...but its cool...i will still have fun and shit

how do u think the card is comin along Montana

Montana

Yeah, its kinda BS, but it makes sense. If you want a better show, bring some friends and try and get that place packed. Detroit was at the bottom of the pecking order a before 2007. But it seems like a lot of ppl wait and buy ticks at the door. Plus the pecking order helps when picking out dvds.

I like to card so far. Nigel/Black should be a great much, but more of a storyline builder. I can Jacobs coming in and trying to hit Black, but hits NIgel, and Tyler Black gets a non-title victory over Nigel. I really like the American Wolves vs Jay + Mystery partner. Im a sucker for mystery partners and stuff like that. My guess would be ROddy. Necro/Delirous should be a storyline builder so pretty entertaining. Stevens/Albright vs Wayne/Escobar should be a good match. Generally new talent gets to show off a little bit.

As far as New Jersey goes ( i plan on making these type of threads for both shows in the future)

Danielson vs Lynn ( Yawn ) They probably just want to get Lynn a big win before challenging Nigel. Black/Jacobs should be great, but you have to wonder what role Aries will play. Jay Briscoe vs Chris Escobar sounds interesting.

Soda Popinski

Reaction score
Montana, I think you pretty much hit the pecking order right on the head. That's exactly how I see it. The only thing I would do is maybe add wherever the Mania shows into slots 2 or 3.

Montana

These shows look pretty STACKED so far. Makes you wonder how Det/CHI will be able to follow up.

Manassas, VA- January 16th

Non Title Match
ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black

Special Challenge Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Tag Team Grudge Match
The American Wolves of Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Briscoe & Roderick Strong

Special Attraction
Austin Aries vs. Jerry Lynn

The War Continues
The Necro Butcher vs. Delirious

Tag Team Action
Brent Albright & Erick Stevens vs. Damien Wayne & Chris Escobar

Singles Action
Rhett Titus vs. Sean Denny

I think this card is done, and its looks great for Virginia. The top 4 matches should all deliver. Danielson/Jacobs has big potential. Aries/Lynn should also be a great wrestling match. Virginia got pretty lucky. I also think someone posted a VERY similar card on the ROH site, so pearce must have basically stole it.

=====================================================

Edison, NJ- January 17th

All Star Extravaganza IV Rematch
Bryan Danielson vs. Jerry Lynn

Grudge Match
Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Lumberjack Strap Match
Roderick Strong & Erick Stevens vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) with Larry Sweeney

Four Corner Survival
The Necro Butcher vs. Delirious vs. TBA vs. TBA

Special Challenge Match
Rhett Titus vs. Brent Albright

Singles Action
Jay Briscoe vs. Chris Escobar

Certainly not bad. Aries vs Nigel could put it over the top. Thats the rumored main event. Black/Jacobs should be great. Two solid shows.

Soda Popinski

Reaction score
I used to go to a lot of Edison shows but then all of a sudden every Edison just became utter crap. This show has potential to be really good. The whole weekend looks good actually..

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
tonight is the show, its going to be freaking sick

Dragon vs Jacobs

i think i might die during the middle of that match due to the awesomeness of it, and with 3rd row tickets this will be the best night ever.