ROH Guide for New Viewers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WFS2008

Reaction score
Nice informative thread. Thanks for the hard work and all into making it.

Soulpower

Just a note... I've updated the ROH title history to include Nigel's win and his title defense. I'll be doing the same for the tag title history in the upcoming days.

C4

I didn't really know that much about ROH, thanks Montana. This is pretty useful to people who don't know much about ROH. TNA was made out of ROH if you look at the stars you mentioned.

Can you please make a list of superstars who were wrestling in ROH and went on to wrestle in WWE and TNA? I'll really appreciate it.

1chiban

Reaction score
CM Punk is probably the most famous one in terms of WWE.
Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Jamie Noble also passed through its doors and had much better matches than they have ever had in the E

J

Awesome thread...Rep add'd to Montana...I've been trying to get more into ROH as TNA and most of WWE have been kinda boring as of late...and this definitly helped me to get the just of whats going on and what has gone on in ROH...So yea awesome thread...Keep it going...

Soulpower

Can you please make a list of superstars who were wrestling in ROH and went on to wrestle in WWE and TNA? I'll really appreciate it.

Here are the former ROH guys that went to TNA.

Christopher Daniels
Samoa Joe
Homicide
Jay Lethal
Low-Ki/Senshi
Sonjay Dutt (Though he only had a handful of matches in ROH)
Jimmy Rave
Alex Shelley
Jack Evans
Roderick Strong and Austin Aries (Aries was under contract twice with TNA)

There's also some people like Delirious, Chris Hero and Nigel McGuiness who have worked a couple of dark and squash matches but they were never contracted to TNA.

Here's the WWE Guys: (Some guys like Super Crazy and MVP wrestled at least one show for ROH, but they were never part of the ROH roster)

Brian Kendrick
Paul London
CM Punk
Mickie James (She wrestled under her real name in ROH)
CM Punk
Colt Cabana (Developmental talent)
Ace Steel (Though he was released a while back.. He's worked some squash matches and also played Donald Trump in that atrocious Rosie vs Donald match)
Matt Sydal (Developmental Talent)

Jamie Noble wrestled for ROH, but that was after he was released by WWE. The same goes for Jimmy Yang. Both Jeff and Matt Hardy wrestled for ROH at one time. Jeff Hardy was in one match in which he got booed out of the building, and Matt had matches against Daniels, Roderick Strong and Homicide. Matt fared a bit better than Jeff with the crowd. Eddie Guerrero also worked an ROH show but this was after being fired by WWE due to his "personal problems".

Random notes: Daniels, Joe, Low-Ki, CM Punk, Mickie James, MVP, London, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jeff Hardy, Alex Shelley, AJ Styles and Christian Cage are the only people signed to TNA that have wrestled matches for all 3 promotions.

The Mac

Reaction score
I have this DVD called PPI I think and it has the ROH logo in the top right corner. It has James 'Noble' Gibson and Notorious something Homicide as champion. Does anybody know anything about it, I found the DVD under my sofa this morning.

Soulpower

Hmm.. Maybe its an FIP DVD? I know that both Homicide and Gibson wrestled there for a while (And I believe Homicide was champ). FIP is run by the same guys that run ROH, so that could be it.

McLovin

Reaction score
I've olny watched a bit of ROH in England and wasn't really impressed with it, can you reccomend a few shows to get me to be a huge ROH fan.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I have this DVD called PPI I think and it has the ROH logo in the top right corner. It has James 'Noble' Gibson and Notorious something Homicide as champion. Does anybody know anything about it, I found the DVD under my sofa this morning.

It's probably a Full Impact Pro dvd, which SP already pointed out is ran by the same people the run ROH. Homicide was the first FIP World Heavyweight Champion beating CM Punk in a Tournament Finals and Noble wrestled there a bit same with MVP. I like it, it's a nice little indy

1chiban

Reaction score
Bugger: Joe vs Punk videos have been removed. The bassas!

The Mac

Reaction score
Yeah it was FIP, a show named Heatwave I think.

C4

Thanks a lot soulpower for the list, Rep added for that. And once again, as I said before in my posts. This thread is really useful to people who are new to watching ROH.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I've olny watched a bit of ROH in England and wasn't really impressed with it, can you reccomend a few shows to get me to be a huge ROH fan.

for the 2007 shows, Live In Tokyo, Man Up and Good Times Great Memories are two of my favorite shows. Just tell me what style of wrestling you like, and I think I'll have an ROH show to recommend to you.