ROH: For the Honor of Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

connorten

Reaction score
ROH+Logo.jpg

Backstory:

As 2008 came to an end for ROH there was nothing, but good news for them. Their roster had been built up to consist of the greatest independant wrestlers of this decade and they had finally been able to reach a TV agreement. With ROH finally turning into a powerhouse like the WWE they can only go up. 2009 is expected to be the greatest year in ROH history and expects to set the tone for the coming years, but what will happen? And who will lead them into those next years?​

Roster:
Adam Pearce
Austin Aries
Brent Albright
Bryan Danielson
Chris Hero
Claudio Castagnoli
Colt Cabana
Davey Richards
Delirious
D'Lo Brown
Eddie Edwards
Eddie Kingston
El Generico
Erick Stevens
Jay Briscoe
Jerry Lynn
Jimmy Jacobs
Jimmy Rave
Kenny King
Kevin Steen
Mark Briscoe
Necro Butcher
Nigel McGuinness
Rhett Titus
Roderick Strong
Tyler Black
Ace Steel
KENTA
Takeshi Morishima

ROH Champions and Contenders:

ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness

Contenders:
1. Takeshi Morishima
2. Tyler Black
3. Jerry Lynn
4. Colt Cabana
5. D'Lo Brown

ROH Pure Championship: Bryan Danielson

Contenders:
1. Austin Aries
2. Rhett Titus
3. KENTA
4. Chris Hero
5. Jimmy Rave

ROH World Tag Team Championships: Kevin Steen/El Generico

Contenders:
1. The Briscoe Brothers- Mark/Jay
2. The Age of Fall- Jimmy Jacobs/Jimmy Rave/Allison wonderland
3. Irish Airborne- Dave/Jake Crist
4. The American Wolves- Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards
5. Brent Albright/Roderick Strong/Erick Stevens

PPV Events:

Jan: Man Up
Feb: Driven
Mar: New Horizons
Apr: Wrestle Series
May: Respect is Earned
June: Top of the Class
July: Beach Party
Aug: Caged Collision
Sept: Fall Thunder
Oct: Take No Prisoners
Nov: Undeniable
Dec: Final Falling

Evil Austin

I guess it looks good and the backstory was very simple, it's just a current day ROH BTB. But I must say that you have had many BTB's in the past about five or so if I recal and hopefuly you can stick with this one, but from the looks of things it seems to me like this may be one of those BTB's that you just leave, you probably only saw the two HD TV episodes of ROH, liked them and then decided to have a BTB on them without much knowlege on characters or anything. But I could be wrong, I hope I am Good luck with this and make this one happen.

John

I appreciate the layout of Contenders and also Champions like they did in PWI magazine. I am slightly concerned about the lack of well-known talent however this is an independent creative so i guess i can get to grips with it.

connorten

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments and support. My first preview will be up tomorrow. As well to the comment that I watched it on TV, I actually never have seen it on TV and I know a chunk of the wrestlers from watching some of their matches and stuff.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Starting A New BTB

After ending your last BTB, you now have to wait one month to begin a new one.

I know that we do not have a Mod, but I still think that everyone should abide by the rules, and you last posted in your thread two week ago. Nonetheless, as others have said, this is one of the first ROH threads that I have seen on this forum and will be unique, so good luck.

seX-Power

Connor, nobody is ever going to take you seriously in the BTB section. You're like Gards, except you never actually showed people your ability. At the rate your going you're quickly becoming a joke in the section. Try and devote yourself to one BTB and stick to it, and next time go by the rules as well. But idk if this BTB will last, I sort of agree with wht Evil Austin said in that you wouldn't really have much info or background on some of these guys and you just went. "ooh, a ROH BTB~!"

CT Styles

Please tell me you're familiar with the members of your roster. I'll post my thoughts on this BTB judging by your reply.

connorten

Reaction score
ROH Week #1 Preview

ROH Jan. Week #1

Golden Oppourtunity
It has been almost a month since the Briscoes won their #1 Contendership for the ROH Tag Team Titles and now they have finally decided to cash it in. The Briscoes who have sturggled as of late losing 3 straight tag team matches since the #1 contendership match look to make a comeback against El Generico and Kevin Steen for the Tag Titles. Will they be able to re gain what was once theirs or will their down hill slide continue?

Pure Again
Since ROH Owner Cary Silkin announced the return of the Pure Championship all eyes have been on Bryan Danielson. Now the eyes may be changing directions when Rhett Titus and KENTA face off in the start of the Pure Title tournament. As well in other action to kick off the tournament it will be Austin Aries facing Chris Hero.

Japan VS. America
It is going to be a classic rivalry match between Japan and the United States as Takeshi Morishima will take on the ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness in Non Title action. Morishima has an amazing oppourtunity as the #1 Contender to get his shot at the title with a win tonight.

Main Event Bound
In this weeks Main Event we will witness a 6 man tag team match as Tyler Black teams up with The Age of Fall to take on D'Lo Brown and The American Wolves. It will be a huge rivalry match as all 6 men look to push themselves or their team higher up on the title oppourtunity pole.

Bryan Danielson is set to join the commentating team for the Pure #1 Contender Match, Cary Silkin is going to make a huge announcement concerning the Top of the Class Trophy, and So Much More!

Status
Not open for further replies.