Rockies without the Altitude

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
83px-Colorado_Rockies_logo.svg.png

Wanted to start documenting my attempt to bring a first World Series penant to the Mile High city. This is a dynasty fantasy baseball league that i've been a part of for some time.

My roster which I will attach below is currently CONTENDING however with some stronger rosters than mine, winning a championship this year will be difficult and take a bit of luck in the playoffs if I can make it there. The format of this league is 10 teams with 4 teams making the playoffs. The matchups are scored in head to head category format with regular season matchups lasting one week and using the following categories for scoring:

Hitting: Runs, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Strikeouts, Stolen Bases, Batting Average, On Base Percentage, Slugging Percentage
Pitching: Strikeouts, Strikeouts Per 9, Strikeouts Per Walk Issued, Earned Run Average, Walks and Hits per Inning Pitched, Quality Starts, Saves, Holds

Every category won during a weekly matchup counts for one victory towards the overall standings which I will also attach below. I'll probably update this daily and it will be mostly casual, as I said i'd just like to document and if people want to follow along please feel free.

I understand a number of people may not be into baseball but may be interested in this so feel free to ask any questions as I go along and I will be happy to answer!​

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Hitting:
roster.jpg

Pitching:
roster2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Barrows

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
standings.jpg

Last edited:

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Reserved for Records

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Post #2 updated with Hitting Roster.

As things stand we are in a very solid spot talent wise, but have been struggling significantly to live up to our potential.

https%3A%2F%2Fdodgersway.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2020%2F10%2F1280246129-850x560.jpeg

Betts has been okay but not his MVP best. Bellinger has been well short of where he was a few years ago, injuries have not helped and his power is significantly down leaving him with just four home runs all season. Story is having a down year and well below his best power numbers, a huge disappointment especially given he is at the most favorable ball park in all of baseball.

https%3A%2F%2Fjaysjournal.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F15850508-850x560.jpeg

The good news is those guys are likely to return to form at some point and have some excellent pieces around them. Semien has been back to his best this year following his switch from the A's to Toronto, solid contact and exceptional power has returned and he has been a big reason of why i've been able to get through the struggles noted above.

A free agent pick up for me very early in the year, Jesse Winker has been sensational, rocking some truly fine numbers for a man that didn't even cost me any Free Agent Acquisition Budget. Not only are his averages great, his 66 strikeouts are notably low for someone just one shy of 20 home runs on the year. At just 27 this guy could be a real asset for the Rockies for a few years to come.

kebryan-hayes.jpg

As for my Rookie slot talent, the future is extremely bright, whether we choose to keep these young guys or trade them for contending assets. Brujan, Kelenic, Adell and Kiriloff have all been called up to the big leagues at some points and showed flashes, some more than others. Kelenic and Brujan have had a rought start but no doubt have potential to be leading players in the big leagues. Kiriloff has been more than solid in his rookie campaign showing that he is definitely big league ready, he has earned an everyday role in the Twins offense. Adell was called up a year ago and really struggled but will have his eye on another call up in the near future.

The most impressive piece of my rookie lineup however is Pirates infielder Ke'Bryan Hayes who has been an absolute stud since his call up. It's taken a lot for me to not promote him to my lineup so I can start reaping the benefits of his tremendous form, however with Bregman in the lineup I just don't have any need for another 3rd baseman. It is likely that we will need to make a decision on one of them very soon if their eligibility does not broaden.

Finally it's been a big year so far for Yankees young outfielder Jasson Dominguez who has been touted as a potential generational talent. At just 18 years old he could still be 2 or 3 years away but two promotions already this year show that he is well on his way.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thought this was gonna be a BTB based on The Show and I was excited bc I haven't played the recent ones but wanted to live vicariously through someone else playing :lol

Good stuff though, I'll read along

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Thought this was gonna be a BTB based on The Show and I was excited bc I haven't played the recent ones but wanted to live vicariously through someone else playing :lol

Good stuff though, I'll read along

Yeah I love the Show but don't play many video games anymore sadly. I do invest a lot of time in this Dynasty baseball team though so figured it would make a good read along and also help me justify my decisons out loud. :bosque

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah when I was doing a BTB for my TEW game awhile back it helped me keep track of my stuff and make sure I was making sense better lol for what little I did at least

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Post #2 Updated with Pitching Roster

Pitching has been up and down this year with some real superstar performances but a struggle to find consistency throughout the rest of the lineup.

merlin_188306094_54afdcc2-fcf0-4323-a4a6-9b22dfd55775-articleLarge.jpg

It's hard to start anywhere but here. Jacob DeGrom is having a career year despite niggling arm issues. The future hall of famer is leading all of baseball and helping to keep this Rockies pitching staff in tact while he does it. While staff such as Plesac, Alcantara and Cole have been solid if not spectacular, his outstanding numbers have meant our ERA and WHIP numbers have stayed at a strong level. The names mentioned above have shown disappointing strikeout numbers which would have been a huge deterrent to the lineup without DeGrom. Fortunately with the ace in the lineup I can take the strong performances with poor strikeout numbers and make them work.

https%3A%2F%2Fcalltothepen.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1267433047-850x560.jpeg

Another Mets guy we have on the Rockies roster is my go to Saves guy, Edwin Diaz, the flamethrower has 19 saves on the season and can help give me the wins in that category on his own on occasion.

https%3A%2F%2Fyanksgoyard.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1157249715-850x560.jpeg

We have invested far more into the holds category and have had a lot of success there with players like Chad Green, Scott Barlow and Emilio Pagan combining for 35 holds between them, it is an area where we have a lot of strength.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
DeGrom hasnt gotten any of the coverage he should have this year from a casual perspective at least

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Standings post updated, as you can see we sit nicely in 3rd position which would get us a playoff matchup with second place. It's very close though as 5th place sit just one game behind the Rockies. As mentioned before the league is currently being dominated by a real powerhouse roster though and we sit a staggering 37.5 Games behind the Blue Jays in top spot. A Blue Jays side that boasts some real top hitting talent with Fernando Tatis, Vlad Guerrero and pitching lead by Dodgers aces Bauer and Buehler.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Injury hit week full of struggles

scores.jpg

It's been a rought week for the Rockies and with just 4 days to go something will need to change drastically if they are to avoid a major dent in their playoff hopes.

With injuries to 7 everyday players, The Rockies have had 11 fewer at bats and pitched 18 fewer innings than opponents, the Montreal Expos.

MLB-CUBS-ROYALS.jpg

Wednesday saw some solid pitching with Scott Barlow recording a one inning save for his fifth of the season. While Ranger Suarez also turned in a solid performance, his arm was burned without a save opportunity as he entered the game with the Phillies tied with the Yankees in the 9th. Thankfully the one save from Barlow was enough to see the side edge ahead in the category.​

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Looking to bounce back and big acquisition

After last weeks disastrously week riddled with injuries, we could have been forgiven for thinking this one would be much the same, fortunately (or unfortunately) however this week the Rockies come up against the Portland Beavers who are also decimated by injuries currently.

The Beavers are missing players such as Rendon, Seager, Marte, Walsh and Clevinger which means there is no better time to come up against them.

This week is a must-win, have no doubt about it, with the Beavers in 3rd and us sitting in 4th on the playoff bubble.

With the business end of the season looming I have also decided to take a chance on a recently released free agent who has had a major problem with strikeouts this year. Despite that I still think he has a lot to offer and should help to the lineup or provide a tradeable asset in the future.

At a cost of 21/100 FAAB, Welcome to the team:

JAVIER BAEZ!!!

Javy-walks-it-off.jpg