• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rockets & Wizards Switch Russell Westbrook & John Wall

Cam!

Wowza
The Houston Rockets have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Washington Wizards in exchange for John Wall and a first-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Westbrook will now reunite with his former coach Scott Brooks in DC after spending seven seasons together in Oklahoma City. Wall also gets a reunion, as he links up with his former Kentucky teammate DeMarcus Cousins, who signed with the Rockets as a free agent on Nov. 23.

Source: 2020 NBA free agency and trades: Latest buzz, news and reports

Sooo... Westbrook requested a trade a while back. Then Harden requested a trade. This was after their head coach and their GM jumped ship. Well, they've made the first step. Westbrook was traded to the Wizards for John Wall's albatross contract and a first round pick. John Wall literally hasn't played in like two years, so there's that. He's been recovering from an Achilles tear all this time.

Thoughts?

Cam!

Wowza
Anyways, it seemed like Houston was tanking with everything that was going on, especially since they had went ahead and traded Covington too. We'll see what Wall's comeback ends up being, but they have an interesting group right now. They signed Christian Wood and Boogie. Teaming them up with James Harden (if they keep him) and whatever John Wall turns out to be. Then they still have Eric Gordon. Wall/Harden/Gordon/Wood/Boogie.

Then you see Westbrook and Beal being together in Washington. I'm convinced Westbrook is a cancer to any team, so I have very low expectations.

Tyler2

Abap
Bummer I really wanted Westbrook and Harden in Brooklyn with KD. To reunite the big 3 from OKC

Shole

Well I was sure Westbrook will end up in a trash team. Nothing against him as a person, but he is trash as a player, aka more damaging to the team than good.
But now you have him, Rozier and LaMelo in the Hornets...I wonder how that will work out.

Cam!

Wowza
Bummer I really wanted Westbrook and Harden in Brooklyn with KD. To reunite the big 3 from OKC

That would mean Kyrie would have to go to get Russ, on top of all of that depth they would already be giving up to get Harden. Lavert/Dinwiddie/Allen/etc. It sounds cool to get that group back together, but I think Brooklyn is better without them. I'm not sure if they should even do the Harden trade. I don't know if Kyrie/Harden/KD should be together in a lineup.

Well I was sure Westbrook will end up in a trash team. Nothing against him as a person, but he is trash as a player, aka more damaging to the team than good.
But now you have him, Rozier and LaMelo in the Hornets...I wonder how that will work out.

Westbrook went to the Wizards, not the Hornets. :p

Came as a shock as a potential trade then when it happens it's like here we are. Seems like both sides benefit.

Houston gets a first round pick, but if they're keeping Harden, it doesn't make sense. They're playing their chips down as if they're about to blow it all up and rebuild.

Tyler2

Abap
I doubt he is, KD just said I don't think about him playing the Stephen A. card from when he was rumored to join the Lakers and ended up with Golden State. Fun fact he was rumored to play in the Wizards when John Wall was at his peak. Or at least when I enjoyed watching his highlights

Cam!

Wowza
I doubt he is, KD just said I don't think about him playing the Stephen A. card from when he was rumored to join the Lakers and ended up with Golden State. Fun fact he was rumored to play in the Wizards when John Wall was at his peak. Or at least when I enjoyed watching his highlights

Do any of those teams actually want James Harden?

I bet he stays put. No one is going to give up enough assets to satisfy Houston. Ben Simmons isn't going to cut it.

Tyler2

Abap
I think Harden is gonna get a Dwight Howard trade. From 2012 with my Magic. A lot of players for one big name

Cam!

Wowza
I think Harden is gonna get a Dwight Howard trade. From 2012 with my Magic. A lot of players for one big name

Those always end up being such shitty trades for the team giving up the superstar. Unless it's a trade like the AD or PG trade where there's a ridiculous amount of first round picks involved, I don't see why Houston would do this.

Tyler2

Abap
I think they might Harden doesn't want to play he already lost them Westbrook. I heard Miami is interested. Might be time for me to jump on that Florida bandwagon and party like it's 2012 lol