Rock/Metal Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Wrong MS. LP has been good for themselves and the nu metal genre for a while that would be 7 years, until the release of the new album Minutes to Midnight. The only song on there I like is Given Up, and thank god that will be a single because that will help.

Reaction score
Stone Sour are awsome!

I think LP's new album sucks too! - But saying that , i think most of their music sucks.
Anyone like Avenged Sevenfold round here?

Soulpower

For sure, Chinese Democracy is coming out on October of this year >_>

Disraeli

Reaction score
Saw Heaven and Hell perform yesterday. They were pretty awesome, especially Dio was in top-notch condition. If some complaining would be requires, one could find some in the extended soloing of Mr. Iommi, but even that was a very small defect...

... On the same festival was performing the latest Finnish Idols winner Ari Koivunen. He appeared on the contest as very heavy oriented and sung stuff like Iron Maiden and Deep Purple and partly because of that won. He has a great voice, but he is 22, looks like 16 and of course as an Idol his songs are written to him. I felt kinda sorry for him on saturday as most of the crownd was filled with rock-polices (or in this case heavy-polices), who had mostly come there for Megadeath or Heaven and Hell and looked at the gig with their arms crossed before them under a very judgmental mood. Due to his background his credibility among heavy fans is a bit low, although like I said he has a great voice, the songs he has been written are ok and he clearly is heavy oriented person himself...

But to the point I would like to hear some opinion about: Do you think credibility is more important in Heavy metal, than in many other genres? At least there is no other genre which has created so large number of terms for its various subgenres... If so, why do you think this is? And has there been heavy singers who have gained some popularity in your country's Idols?

Disraeli

Reaction score
Boy did I just kill this thread by trying to initiate a different kinda conversation...

Oh well, perhaps a new topic would give rise to some discussion. The thread pretty much started on conversation on nu-metal in the form of Linking Park, so I will redirect my effort to that. Tell me, can LP still be put into the genre of Nu metal? Is nu metal still alive or was it just a fab? At least, here in Finland aside form LP, Korn and occasional rumours about oh-dear-god-limp-bizkit-is-trying-another-comeback aside it pretty much is non-existent. No new bands that have claimed to play nu metal have risen in Finland for years (and personally I thank gods for that). So perhaps some one could enlighten me...

icebox

Reaction score
funny that i read this whole thread and there has yet to be one half decent metal band mentioned. (imo)

Untouchable

Reaction score
no answered my Q. ah well, im used to being ignored in the iwf.

here's a shortlist of the current over-rated bands :
nickleback
rhcp ( are they even rock??????? )
aerosmith
papa roach
rolling stones
metallica ( yeS metallica. good but as good as most people think )

most of the fucking new bands suck balls!

ok i agree with you on most of them but metallica are amazing....they really are so good...best band i've EVER seen Ride the lighning my favrorite album at the mo, so good.......as for the rest, they are overated

Untouchable

Reaction score
i used to love maiden....but i got bored to be honest....dont mind them still but aint chosen to listen to them in about 6 months.....same with GnR.

Opeth anyone?