Road To FIFA: World Cup 2014 Brazil

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I can see that argument which is why I don't mind Shaw being there, but as a personal choice I would have gone with the experience of Cole as he could make a difference around the squad or coming on. Also, Shaw will hopefully have many World Cups ahead.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
England game was awesome last night, it really was end to end, and both teams played their parts in a full on entertaining game. Sterling's sending off was a bit harsh IMO, a yellow would have done, but can understand the ref's call. Hope Chamberlain's injury is not too serious as his absence from the WC would leave us short of pace and proper old school wingers. The defending and retention of the ball (or lack there off) was the most concerning thing for England last night. Expect a very different team in the final friendly, and against Italy a week Saturday.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't matter Germany is going to win this all, and i don't even know soccer.....Just a gut feeling.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ A strong fav indeed, and were also my pick! Would like to see them do it for more than one reasons. Brazil do have a big edge playing on home soil though.

Don't get me wrong England can't win the tournament but if they get out of what looks a very tough group then I think they can have a respectable run, and hopefully build for the future.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brazil don't win, someone is getting killed like that guy in 94.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Anyway with a week to go I was wondering what others predictions were for the tournament? Who will win and who will get out of each group? etc..

Also which games are you most looking forward too and where/how do you plan on watching them? They are actually showing some games out on Brighton beach front which is going to be such a cool way to experience the tournament, so plan on meeting up with mates, and enjoying lots of beer and football in a great setting!

Apart from the England group the one I am most looking forward to and plan on following is Germany's group as I can see Ghana and USA giving them and Portugal a few nervous moments, and I think the battle for second place (after the Germans) could be close. Brazil-Croatia should be a decent start to the tournament and who knows what the opening will have in store:hm:

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Awesome atmosphere last night on Brighton Beach for the opening game and a fine game to kick things off.

Croatia were very impressive on the counter attack, and really got at Brazil in midfield. Brazil looked dangerous is spells but actually didn't create too much despite having a lot of pressure. The match was turned on two key decisions, the horrible pen call, and the disallowed Croatia goal which. Job done for Brazil and Neymar, but I don't think many will fear them.

Today my predictions are:

Mexico 2-0 Cameroon

Holland 1-2 Spain

Chile 3-1 Australia

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
vf4a1r.jpg

:lmao

Van Gaal the GOAT got the tactics right here. RVP & Robben were awesome, as was the rest of the Dutch squad.

Spain should change things up for their next game, starting with Casillas. He was awful, he needs to be benched. Whether that happens will remain to be seen.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I do love seeing Spain get a good thrashing. Netherlands' game plan of high pressing and counter attacking football worked wonders for them last night, and once Spain went a goal behind they looked completely lost. Robben and Blind were especially great for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chile got out of the group along with the Netherlands.

Looking forward to England/Italy tonight. Hoping Pirlo turns it on.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Really exciting tournament so far with the only slight let down being the poor performances from the officials. The highlight has to be Holland's stunning victory over Chlie which now makes that group very hard to call.

As for England's defeat yesterday it is not so bad because of the Costa Rica's surprise win which leaves the group wide open. Chances are England would have needed two wins to escape the group, and so nothing much has changed. The performance overall was good, but we made a couple of sloppy errors and I think in the second half Italy's experience told. For the Unguary game I think I would start Wilshire in place of Henderson, Milner in place of Welbeck, and possible Lullana in place of Rooney. I would also like to see Lambert play some part from the bench if we are struggling late on. But more positives than negatives from last night.

As for today am listening to Ecuador/Switzerland which I think should be a Switz win, France should have too much for Honduras and it will be interesting to see what Argentina can do in their first game. Really looking forward to the German group kicking off tomorrow.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Thought Italy were impressive yesterday. Controlled the pace of the game, turned things on when they needed to, and looked quite comfortable after they scored their second goal. England were better than I expected though. Sterling and Welbeck the stand out performers for them.

Was really impressed with Campbell last night. I hear he's going to be in Arsenal's squad ext season so hopefully he gets some playing time. Second time I've seen him now, both on big stages (Man Utd in CL and Uruguay in WC), and he's delivered on both. Doesn't seemed phased by the pressure at all.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The talking point of today's games so far has been the cock ups/confusion concerning the technology in the French match. They couldn't even play the anthems:lmao

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Germans looking damn good today! Let's hope they don't peak too early. Portugal were total crap bar the opening 22 minutes.

I hope Ghana can make it out of the group also.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Big win for the USA last night it sets them up nicely in the race for that second spot. Klinsmann deserves a lot of credit for getting the best out of a medicore group of players. Still a long way to go in that group mind.

From today's matches I predict Belgium 3-0 Algeria, Brazil 3-1 Mexico and Russia 1-0 South Korea.

AF.

Reaction score
Belgium plz. Playing terribly. 1/2 time down a goal.