RKO’s Raw Review – June 15th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Kick off the show with a decent intro by King & Cole, and King talks about Vince being here to announce the new Raw GM, and that he’s heard rumors that Vince has other plans as well. Then we see footage of Legacy’s attack on Batista.

Intercontinental Title – Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
Winner:
Chris Jericho

Jericho starts off with an incredible Promo talking about how ever since he was drafted to SmackDown! how Raw has become garbage and gone down the toilet. He says one day the crowd will realize how important he was to Raw and that Mysterio will one day see that his mask is holding him back, and as his savior, Jericho will set him free. Mysterio’s music hits with a huge pop from the crowd. They start the match off quick with Mysterio attacking Jericho and goes onto some high risk moves from the top. They fight on the outside, get back in the ring and Rey continues the attack, hitting a sick legdrop on the ropes. They end up outside again and Rey’s got great momentum. Jericho tosses Rey into the announce table. Commercial (*sigh*). Back and they’re still going at it, great back and forth action, still high-pace and high impact. Rey ends up hitting a “suicide†dive on Jericho. A bunch of near falls and a 619 attempt misses. Rey with a good springboard moonsault. Rey hits the 619 on Jericho, then goes for West Coast Pop and Jericho reverses into the Codebreaker and gets the pin.

Match Rating: ***½
These two know how to put on a match, simple and plain. They work better together than almost anyone on the roster, and it was nice seeing this match take place on Raw. Great action and risk.

Backstage Segment – Randy Orton

Orton cuts off Josh Matthews before he can finish his question. He says he’s the one who injured Triple H who had to come back with a sledgehammer because he can’t fight him one-on-one, and that he’s going to walk out as the champion tonight. Cena walks up mocking Orton and tells him he’s the posterchild of Baby Oil or some dumb shit and then reminds him that he’s in the match as well.

Segment Rating: *½
I was upset with this to be honest. Cena & Orton usually cut decent promos against each other, but they made it weak.

Segment – Vince McMahon

He says he expected a bigger reception and then says he’s going to let someone else announce the new general manager of Raw, and says he’s selling Raw. He tells King he’ll tell people who after the WWE Title Match.

Segment Rating: **
Man, wtf!? Selling Raw!? This is ridiculous. At least the crowd acted disinterested in him, but pulling this shit while the Orton/Triple H shit is seemingly coming to an end? He better be selling it to either Shane or Stephanie.

ECW Championship – Christian vs. Tommy Dreamer
Winner:
Tommy Dreamer

Pretty weak start, I’m not interested in anything involving Tommy Dreamer personally, but Christian makes up for it. They go back and forth a bit, Christian ends up hurting his ankle on a high risk, and Dreamer hits a rollup for the win.

Match Rating: *
Very boring and stupid. A rollup!? On Raw!? The best they could do was a rollup? I don’t know about that.

WWE Championship - Fatal 4-Way: Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Big Show
Winner:
Randy Orton

We start off with all 4 men in the ring, the bell rings, and Triple H goes after Orton while Big Show attacks Cena. Triple H and Orton spills out of the ring and they brawl a bit, Triple getting the best of Orton and tossing him over the barrier. Big Show tosses Cena from the ring and Triple H rolls in for a brief staredown. Commercial (*sighs*). We return and Orton is beating down Triple H and Show is still dominating Cena. Orton hits a high impact knee drop, goes for another and misses. Show and Cena turn it up, Triple H starts beating down Show and he and Cena both attempt clotheslines on Show, then Orton builds extra steam to shoulderblock Show out of the ring. Staredown between Triple H and Cena with a decent pop, a good exchange, Cena’s 5 moves of doom. Game reverses 5 Knuckle Shuffle into Spinebuster, goes for Pedigree, reversed into AA, but Triple H falls out and Show clotheslines both. Orton gets back into it and beats Triple H down on the outside, Show back to picking Cena apart. Orton interferes with Show and Cena’s battle and Show gets mad and chases Orton out. Attempted double chokeslam on Cena and Triple H, but they reverse into double suplex. Orton cleans house, goes for Punt on Show, gets blocked and Show gets dominant and beats everyone down with some intense attacks. Cleans house, just him and Cena, big slam and climbing ropes for a splash on Cena, Orton makes save, gets tossed back out. Show spears the hell out of Triple H but only manages a 2-count. Goes for the splash on Triple H who moves, Orton slithers and RKO is reversed by Show. Triple H Pedigrees Show, and Cena hits the AA on Trips. Cena attempts to pin Show, 2 count. AA on Big Show which gets overhyped, Orton breaks the pin and puts Cena in the post, and then hits one of the best RKO’s I’ve seen on Show and pins him.

Match Rating: ****
This match was actually incredible. Orton was aggressive but still a bit passive and struck wisely. Cena took a beating but jumped in with some great pops. Good double teams, great momentum shifts, good breakups and a good combination of finishers (with the RKO looking spectacular). Great match. *edit note Big Show looked injured.

In-ring Segment – Vince McMahon

Vince’s music hits and the crowd is pretty dull, but there’s a huge wave of people bowing in his presence. Vince starts off announcing that he’s got a heavy heart and he’s done soul searching and talking everywhere. He announces that he’s sold Monday Night Raw and it’s now independently owned by a friend he’s been compensated greatly. He introduces us to the new owner of Raw: Donald Trump. Trump via satellite and talking about how Vince finally did good business and he’s got the fans in mind and he’s going to give back to the people. They’re exchanging words. Trump’s first act as owner, saying he’s going to give us commercial free Raw next week. Insults about the shaving of Vince’s head. He continues giving his farewell address but says he’ll do it next week. He announces we’ll find out who’ll face Orton at The Bash via a 10 man over-the-top-rope battle royal.

Segment Rating: **
I found everything on it to be pretty dull, and this is stupid. I don’t want Donald Trump being involved in shit. This is ridiculous and sickening. Why not a member of the family!? Donald Trump!? REALLY!? I’m disgusted!

Mickie James vs. Rosa Mendez
Winner:
Mickie James

Both make their entrance, Rosa asks Beth to stay in the back. Maryse comes out to ringside. Rosa and Mickie exchange strikes, Mickie goes to the top but Rose rolls out of the ring. Rosa hits a guillotine on Mickie, then a clotheslines and pin attempt, then wipes the mat with Mickie’s face. Mounted strikes, working the ropes with a choke, then a variant of a chinlock. Mickie fights out but gets dropped, reverses a charge attempt then hits her clotheslines and a diving forearm and a good seated dropkick but only gets a 2-count. Rosa’s back in it already, botched whatever, then a BRUTAL DDT by Mickie for the win.

Match Rating: **
Better divas action than we’ve had recently, but still nothing interesting enough to qualify as impressive.

In-ring Segment – Goldust, Hornswoggle, and Miz

Goldust and Hornswoggle are shooting off shirts to the crowd. Miz comes out and has a message for Trump and says he’s the new face of Monday Night Raw and should be utilized. He’s got big heat, and he calls himself the moneymaker and that he backs up everything he says about Cena, talking about leaving him unconscious last week, the says he’s going to toss Cena from the battle royal and win and earn the championship shot at The Bash and then says he wants magazines, T-Shirts, endorsements, and movies, and then talks shit about the crowd, then tells Goldust & Hornswoggle to get out of the ring. Goldust says Miz disappoints him and brings up giving Ahmed Johnson mouth-to-mouth, then mocks Miz and tells him to change his name to “The Wiz†because when Miz starts talking, that’s what people get up to take. Hornswoggle tells Miz he’s a loser and Miz tells him to grow up (HAHAHA!) and then tells Goldust he’s a nothing, getting personal with his constant coming back and going away, then calls him irrelevant now, then hits a cheapshot and his DDT and starts throwing Hornswoggle around. He grabs the T-Shirt gun and backs Hornswoggle into the corner with it and shoots him. Laughing my ass off right now! Great heat from the crowd.

Segment rating: ***
Funny shit, good trashtalking exchange, Miz is a great bully and excellent on the mic.

Backstage Segment – CM Punk and Matt Hardy

Matthews asks if Punk regrets cashing the contract in on a vulnerable Jeff Hardy. He talks about last year when everyone loved that he pinned Edge, and he got a Slammy for it. He says if he’d done it against Edge again, he’d still be the hero. He says that only a few people disagree with what he did after he put his body on the line to earn the shot. Matt cuts him off and gives him credit and says he’d have done the same and Punk talks about how he’s never done anything and couldn’t have beat Jeff, and then Punk continues this weird tweener-role saying how he’s fought for everything.

Segment Rating: **½
Good promo cut by both guys, Punk’s on a rollercoaster right now. It’s hard to tell what the WWE is going to do with him. Matt’s presence shook things up a little bit as well.

World Heavyweight Championship – Edge vs. Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
Winner:
CM Punk

They come out, introductions, and big mixed reaction for CM Punk. Hardy getting incredible cheers, and he starts off fast with some innovative offense. Some quick rollups by all three guys, Punk eliminates Edge from the ring then hits a suicide dive on Edge with a big pop and then Jeff flies over the top onto both guys to a bigger pop. Hardy & Punk in the ring, Punk ends up getting the better of Jeff but only a near fall. Big slam and quick elbow which came off sorta heelish. Edge gets back in the ring and kicks both men in the face. He tosses Jeff out of the ring and gets a near fall on Punk and taunts. He’s beating Punk down with a good mixture of moves. He puts Punk on the top rope and Jeff breaks it up, slamming Edge and goes up. Edge pulls Jeff and they go for the Doomsday Device, but Jeff rolls up Edge and Punk misses the clothesline. Triple clothesline, all men down, and we go to a commercial (*sigh*, I can’t wait for next week already). Back to more good action and pin attempts. Punk goes for GTS on Hardy, Edge hits Sharpshooter on Punk. Hardy puts Edge in sleeper during the Sharpshooter and then goes for a pin but Jeff breaks it up. Edge goes for a spear, gets rolled up, after clothesline on Edge and then dropkicks Punk to break the pin. Good exchange, Jeff goes for Jawbreaker on Punk who counters with a knee. Jeff slides out and trips Edge on the apron who guillotines Punk. Jeff goes up to top, Edge pushes him off, goes for Spear again but Punk hits powerslam with pin attempt, only two count. Go to Sleep attempt on Edge, broken up, attempt on Jeff, broken up. Edge tries to Spear Punk who jumps out of the way and Edge spears Jeff. Punk goes for knee on Edge, hung up on turnbuckle. Edge shoves Punk from the top rope and he lands awkwardly on the step and hurts his knee/leg and doctors attend to him. Jeff and Edge continue and collide mid-air with cross body blocks. Jeff Whisper in the Wind on Edge, Punk breaks the pin. Jeff gets pissed and attacks Punk’s leg. Twist of Fate, Swanton Bomb, pin, Punk pulls him out again and slams him into the steps. Rolls in and pins Edge.

Match Rating: ****½
I seriously considered giving this matchup a rare 5*’s, but I had have to admit it didn’t go that extra distance to sell it for me. Teddy Long comes out to announce Punk has to defend against Jeff at the Bash. Excellent matchup though.

Hart Dynasty vs. The Colons
Winner:
The Colons via Disqualification

Priceless at the announce table with King & Cole to call this match. Cody’s talking shit pretty well, haha. These guys are doing a good job. In the Ring DG and Primo are going at it. Primo botches a diving hurricanrana REAL bad. Huge backbreaker and stomp to the face. DH goes for a huge leg drop off the second rope. Hot tag, Carlito with good offense, a bunch of reversals and springboard back elbow by Carlito. Carlito hits Backcracker on DH Smith. Priceless attack and clear house and taunt.

Match Rating: *½
What it had was decent. Just realized we have the new Legacy theme song :/. Sounds cool, but I have to hear it with the entire group together. But yes, this match was nothing too incredible and didn’t have a decisive victory.

Backstage Segment – Santino and Vince

Santino is worried about his “sister’s†job and Vince tells him there’s no guarantee that anyone is safe. Vince gets a call from Trump and Trump says something about an announcement after the Battle Royal and Vince tries to talk him out of it. Vince says he can’t stand Billionaires with massive egos, and Santino says “You must hate yourself†and Vince gets mad. Santino continues to put his foot in his mouth and leaves.

Segment Rating: ½*
I hate this entire thing.

10 Man Battle Royal For #1 Contender
Winner:
Triple H

Everyone comes out. Triple H comes out with his King of Kings theme :D. Cena comes out with a severely mixed reaction this time around, not as may cheers as earlier in the night. Cena and Triple H surrounded. Very mixed action. Orton stands on the ramp to watch on. Everyone is trying to throw someone out. Show’s hitting everyone, won’t let anyone eliminate Cena. He’s putting everyone down. He lifts Hardy from the outside back in then throws him out easily. MVP goes for Players boot, falls over the rope and show elbows him to the floor and hits a rough chokeslam on Miz. Everyone eliminates Big Show. We go to commercial. Priceless is doing a good job teaming up. Cody is working over Cena. He and Triple H have another intense staredown and trade blows. Triple H tries to throw ‘em bout out but cant. Cena goes for AA over top against Hunter, but it’s reversed and they double clothesline. Priceless eliminate Kofi. Then they eliminate Regal, it’s just them, Cena, and Triple H left. Cody is kicking Cena’s ass again, Triple H kicking Ted’s ass. Priceless beating down Triple H, then Cena, then Triple H again. Cena fighting back. DiBiase eliminated. Rhodes eliminated by Triple H. Pedigree on Cena. Priceless beat down Triple H. Refs pull ‘em off. Miz reveals himself! WTF!? MEMORIES OF JERRY THE KING LAWLER! He rushes and they pull the ropes and he flies over. Triple H eliminates Cena.

Match Rating: ***
Decent match, weird order of elimination. But predictable winner. I actually wrote Triple H in before the match started :/.

Trump on the TitanTron congratulating Triple H. He announces that the match will be on Raw next week in a Last Man Standing match.

Match of the Night: Fatal 4 Way for WWE Championship
I thought the WHC match was close to being 5*’s and I gave it a higher rating, but the WWE title really had a dominating storyline tonight, and everything flipped on us. The match had a great environment, and even Big Show performed above scale in this match.

Segment of the Night: Miz, Goldust & Hornswoggle
Miz is on fire. And Goldust did decent on the mic tonight. Miz’s heat is awesome though, and he really doesn’t pull any punches.

Show Rating: ***½
Spoiled by Smackdown being here, those two matches really solidified Raw this week. Not much on the Raw side really lacked though. Diva’s match was actually decent, and we resolved a lot. I am a bit worried about this Donald Trump thing however. It’s disturbing to me that they’ve got him on here, and Vince acts like he’s got no say in anything on Raw now? I don’t get it. Something just isn’t adding up, and Vince is acting as if he’s not ready to let it go :/. IDK, this is really crapping on the entire thing.

MikeRaw

I don't get your problem with the Trump thing. IDK, I guess I should expect it ont he interent. Everyoen wants something different, then they get it, then they complain. Why would someone in the family take control of Raw? So we can have the same shit we had a few months ago with Steph and Shane in charge? At least with Trump in charge, it provides new storylines, and, more importantly, I think we'll see some new concepts brought in. I think this will be the way WWE brings in new ideas, and changes the way Raw is booked. They couldn't just randomly change the way it was booked while Vickie or noone was in charge. With someone new in charge, it allows them to book it as if it's his "new philosophy" and we could see some changes. That's what I hope, anyway.
I honestly don't think fans on the net will ever be happy. No matter what storyline comes at them, it's never good enough. They always want change, but every storyline gets shit on. Hell, I've hated Raw and it's storylines for months now, pretty much since Mania, but I liked this one. At least the potential of it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^You know I was content with the way it's been recently for the most part, just wish some of it was a bit edgier. I don't see Trump doing that. I am hoping for the best, but Vince "sells" Raw? How is that possible? Is Trump a credible shareholder now? I just don't get how any of this works logistically. I'm not doubting it may bring something new and exciting, but, I just don't know. Is it an opportunity to break Raw away from the McMahon name to possibly get some edgier content? No, otherwise Cena would be back over on Smackdown.

The Rated R CMStar

I agree, not too long ago everybody was complaining of how dull Steph was, and now they wanted her back? Nah, I also don't get your big issue with Donald Trump. Sure, I expected somebody, you know, actually involved with the industry, like I said, JBL, but this is nothing too bad. Not only will this give media attention to the WWE, but it's something new.

Nobody, and I mean, nobody can say they expected, coming into this show, to see Raw being sold.

EDIT: WWE is PG now. You have to deal with it. You can expect all changes to be around "being edgier", and if a change is not about that, then qualify it as bad. No, Donald Trump won't be guy to book Extreme Rules match week in and week out or out of a sudden everybody will be cursing, but Trump might just be the guy instrumental on air to give us say MVP or The Miz challenging for the belt, or a change on booking in Raw.

As for the rest, you are thinking it way too much, bringing stocks and stuff. If you want to get technical, no, Vince cannot sell Raw or any TV show for that matter as the stocks on the market are not about them, but again, it's a storyline, and it's wrestling, you don't put that much thought on wrestling.

MikeRaw

^You know I was content with the way it's been recently for the most part, just wish some of it was a bit edgier. I don't see Trump doing that. I am hoping for the best, but Vince "sells" Raw? How is that possible? Is Trump a credible shareholder now? I just don't get how any of this works logistically. I'm not doubting it may bring something new and exciting, but, I just don't know. Is it an opportunity to break Raw away from the McMahon name to possibly get some edgier content? No, otherwise Cena would be back over on Smackdown.

Logically, no one would be allowed to stun their boss, or hit another man in the sledgehammer.
Also, people never bitched when Flair was owner of Raw. Instead, it's looked at as good.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Alright, now that I've got a night of sleep and no alcohol inebriating my opinion, I've got to admit that I actually like this right now. Granted that Raw's side of the night sort of lacked, I find it beneficial with the circumstances. I was drunk and angry more-so than thinking about the fact that they've done the owner-angle before. Thanks for bringing that up.

One thing that I'm actually thinking will happen is Trump will show up and start "firing" staff members as he plugs "his own" crew in to help Raw. Knowing how Vince McMahon does some of this shit, this is probably something he's had in mind for several months (or more) now.

I'm still holding off on calling this a good thing until I see more than just an announcement of a championship match on a commercial free broadcast.

Soulpower

az83zs.gif

By the way. WWE f'n BLEW IT with The Miz during the Battle Royal. He should have eliminated Cena, then have Miz thrown out by HHH. That way, Miz would have yet another "victory" over Cena, and more reason to talk shit in the coming weeks.

MitsuharuMisawax9

Reaction score
Alright, now that I've got a night of sleep and no alcohol inebriating my opinion, I've got to admit that I actually like this right now. Granted that Raw's side of the night sort of lacked, I find it beneficial with the circumstances. I was drunk and angry more-so than thinking about the fact that they've done the owner-angle before. Thanks for bringing that up.

One thing that I'm actually thinking will happen is Trump will show up and start "firing" staff members as he plugs "his own" crew in to help Raw. Knowing how Vince McMahon does some of this shit, this is probably something he's had in mind for several months (or more) now.

I'm still holding off on calling this a good thing until I see more than just an announcement of a championship match on a commercial free broadcast.

Why did you cheat on me?
Because I was drunk.

Why did you act like an ass tonight?
I was drunk.

Why you have sex with that fat girl?
I was drunk.

Why did you not like Trump taking over Raw?
I was drunk.

Being drunk is the best excuse ever and works for everything lawls

kksempick

Reaction score
jerseys

AddThis is a free way to boost traffic back to your site by making it easier for visitors to share your content. AddThis FeaturesNew! AddThis supports Flash. MoreTry i jerseyjersey

Status
Not open for further replies.