Ring of Honour: Match Suggestions Please

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Ok so I will go ahead and admit that I do not watch much or barely any Indie wrestling shows, I have heard and read a lot about ROH and it's history but have not watched any matches as such (I'm from the UK where as far as I know ROH is not shown often or at all)

Just asking if some ROH fans could suggest some high-quality past or present ROH matches or even full shows that may help me get in to ROH and become a regular watcher as I would like to broaden my wrestling knowledge and expand on what I already watch (WWE and TNA).

Thank you all in advance :)

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe= Arguably the greatest match in the company history, Kobashi a japanese legend against one of ROH top dogs at the time, a brutal stiff match. Pretty sure its available online.

Do Fixer vs Blood Generation from supercard of honor 2006 is six man tag match, one of the best tag matches of all time just really great spots, insane double team moves.

A more recent match to check out is Kevin Steen vs El Generico( Sami Zayn) Their ladder match for the world title at the Final battle event 2012 was a real crazy mach, awesome spots, good use of ladders.

Reactions: THG?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Is Ring of Honor called Ring of Honour in the UK?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
ROH is awesome!
So happy they air it by me, it's actually not aired in several popular outlets of the United States, but seems to be on where wrestling has its most fans.
So many talented wrestlers on that roster, some of them a bit aged but can still put on a decent show for how low budget they are! It's actually one of the only wrestling shows I've seen live tbh hahaha.

Honestly I think they upload their latest TV shows on the websites,
http://www.rohwrestling.com/
Check it out sometime!
One of my favorite wrestlers of the modern age is over there in the form of Jay Lethal

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Is Ring of Honor called Ring of Honour in the UK?

Hmm, as it is not shown on UK TV right now it is hard to answer, we do spell honour with a U however.

So your question could be answered with another: If a tree falls with nobody to hear it, does it make a sound? :p.

Thank you for your contributions! as soon as I am done with my 9:30 am to 1:30 pm Lab at Uni/College I will be sure to browse through the suggestions :)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The CM Punk vs AJ Styles trilogy is also a fun watch. Punk vs AJ in the Pure title finals being my personal favorite since it is contested under Pure rules (only 3 rope breaks, after that you cannot break a hold by grabbing the ropes, 20 count outside of the ring etc).
Also the Punk vs Joe trilogy, just watching Punk trying to win the belt off of Joe again and again.
Bryan Danielson vs Nigel McGuiness title unification match at Unified in the Uk.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Thank you all for your contributions guys! I have found myself very entertained with what I have watched so far, I could certainly become a regular viewer and it appears they have their 12th anniversary PPV soon? I will definitely watch this PPV.

Matches I have viewed so far upon suggestion:

-Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe: I don't recall which encounter this was but it ended with Kobashi pinning Joe with a Lariat? However this match made me appreciate cultural differences in wrestling and kept me watching every second.

- Viewed a CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe encounter from 2004 in Coventry, England I believe. Punk was the heel in this contest. In the past decade Joe has managed to keep up his in-ring work very well for a big guy judging by some TNA matches he has had in the past 8 or 9 years (wow that long already?).

- My favourite encounter so far from your ROH suggestions is Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness Unification match, I enjoyed how it ended via a stoppage which we do not see enough of IMO in companies like WWE and TNA. As a side note Danielson seems a lot more vicious as an ROH competitior.

Thanks again guys

Reactions: Pop Tatari

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Paul London vs. Bryan Danielson (Epic Encounter)
Paul London vs. AJ Styles (Night of the Grudges)

Two fantastic early era matches. Motivated London is the best. There's also a cage match between Joe and Jay Briscoe where Jay bleeds like a sliced pig.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Paul London vs. Bryan Danielson (Epic Encounter)
Paul London vs. AJ Styles (Night of the Grudges).

Just managed to find the Paul London Vs. AJ Syles contest! :)

His in-ring work is miles ahead of his WWE work (although I did like him with Brian Kendrick in WWE), I will try and find more of his ROH work as with Kendrick.

If anybody knows if or where I could find the ROH 12th anniversary show could you kindly E-mail me please? Kindly appreciated xoxo

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but was the last ROH PPV Supercard of Honor in April?

If so how was it? If not what was?

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I haven't seen Elgin/Steen or Ladder War but other than that, apart from the 4 team tag match nothing must see.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Supercard was average imo. Steen/Elgin was probably the best match of the card and that is not really saying much. Actually Ciampa/Lethal was pretty watchable and a told pretty good story in their rivalry. Ladder match first half was pretty good but second half was flat and anticlimactic and I am not a fan of Cole so it is hard for me to care about what he does.