Ring of Honor *SPOILERS* taped 2/3/24

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ring of Honor taped matches for its weekly show on HonorClub at the Bert Ogden Arena in Edinburg, Texas on Saturday.

Several ongoing storylines continued on the show including Johnny TV coming face to face with Dalton Castle's "mystery friend," Serpentico attempting to get his mask back from Maria and her boys, and Athena coming out to save her minion from an attack by Nyla Rose.

Spoilers below courtesy of Fightful

• The Workhorsemen (JD Drake & Anthony Henry) defeated Sayrus & Brillante RB (credit to @LuchaBlog)
  • Johnny TV was scheduled to face Dalton Castle's "mystery friend" Pavo Real de Montana, who is actually just Castle. TV refuses the match but agrees to wrestle Castle at a later date and will let everyone know the stipulations next week.
  • Lance Archer & The Righteous (Vincent & Dutch) defeated Jon Cruz, JC Valentine, & James Blackheart
  • Ethan Page defeated Aaron Solo
  • Billie Starkz defeated a currently unnamed wrestler/local talent
    • Nyla Rose comes out to the stage area and sets up a table during the match. She tells Starkz to fall in line or she's going through a table. Athena then comes to Starkz's rescue and puts Rose through a table.
  • Shane Taylor Productions (Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty), Griff Garrison, & Cole Karter w/Maria Kanellis defeated The Iron Savages (Boulder & Bronson) and The Infantry (Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo)
    • Serpentico came out after the match and attempted to retrieve the mask that Maria, Garrison, and Karter took from him two weeks ago but Garrison and Karter ended up putting him through a table.
  • Diamante defeated Leyla Hirsch, Kiera Hogan, and Trish Adora in a four-corners survival match
  • Taya Valkyrie w/Johnny TV defeated Killa Kate
  • Lee Johnson defeated Gravity
  • Komander defeated AR Fox, Jack Cartwheel, and Willie Mack in a four corners survival match

Reactions: Looking Glass

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I'm glad we're getting some storytelling but I don't know why it always feels like The Iron Savages and Karter/Garrison are always part of multi-man tag matches and the repeated four-corner matches seem more like they're trying to get people on the card rather than tell a story.

I think ROH living where it lives means that it'll never be its own thing again because the title only changes hands at AEW events. I'm hoping throughout the year we might see more of a balance but the way they burn through these tapings with 10 matches at a time doesn't fill me with hope. A lot of the time it feels like you look at the spoilers to see what might be an interesting pairing or match to watch as opposed rather than being gripped by its storytelling.

Still, I'm glad that talents like Ethan Page and Dalton Castle are getting time to have actual feuds.

Last edited: