Ring of Honor presents "Best in the World" live on PPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
2014_ROH_BITW_poster.jpg

On June 22nd, Ring of Honor Wrestling returns to PPV!

Baltimore, MD (April 17, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROHâ€) today announced that they have agreed to deliver live Pay-Per-View programming starting with Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 emanating from Nashville, TN on Sunday June 22nd at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience a marquee ROH event live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts.

Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 will feature the likes of: Matt Hardy, Kevin Steen, the Briscoe Brothers, ROH World Champion Adam Cole, “Unbreakable†Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal, as well as, Playboy cover girl and the first woman of ROH, Maria Kanellis and other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 is 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST with a runtime of 3 hours. The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

In conjunction with ROH’s debut on live Pay-Per-View, ROH has moved Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 from Saturday night to Sunday. Customers that have already purchased tickets for Saturday can use those tickets for Sunday. If unable to attend, ROH will provide a refund. Tickets should be mailed back to: Ring of Honor Wrestling, 2000 West 41st St., Baltimore, MD 21211. Contact: help@rohwrestling.com for questions or more information.

“We are thrilled to announce that ROH is now available live on Pay-Per-View via cable and satellite,†said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of ROH. “Fans hungry for the best wrestling in the world will now have access to their favorite brand of wrestling from the comfort of their couch in stunning high definition, which is something our customers have been demanding for some time. We’re happy to deliver on that starting this June with Best in the World.â€

[video=youtube;aJcHMQjolNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJcHMQjolNE&list=PL53kKJBMWATfrPIbJbSE2_s5oe3hsSDWU[/video]

[video=youtube;FK_MGvHrWNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_MGvHrWNM&index=2&list=PL53kKJBMWATfrPIbJbSE2_s5oe3hsSDWU[/video]

Card (subject to change)

ROH Title Match: Adam Cole © vs. Michael Elgin

ROH Tag Team Title Match: reDragon © (Fish and O'Reilly) vs. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian

ROH TV Title Match: Jay Lethal © vs. Matt Taven (With Truth Martini handcuffed to a ringpost)

Submission Match: Roderick Strong vs. Cedric Alexander

Winner Earns a TV Title Shot: ACH vs. Takaaki Watanabe vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Tadarius Thomas vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Tommaso Ciampa

The Briscoes vs. Matt Hardy & Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

Kevin Steen vs. Silas Young

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
I really hope they don't use their first PPV as a place to give Elgin the strap.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I might have to check this out for the return on Christopher Daniels alone.

I really hope they don't use their first PPV as a place to give Elgin the strap.

I have to concur. Especially considering how little of him I've seen. Cole on the other hand is beast.

Castiel

Reaction score
Elgin just isn't on Cole's level in so many ways. Don't get me wrong, he's a good wrestlers but not nearly as interesting and just better as the guy chasing. Plus, in typical ROH fashion they missed the peak of his hype to give him the belt.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I think it's Elgin's time. There's only so often you can have him fail to win the big one before he gets the choker rep. Of course, it's long after it would have mattered but that's how ROH like to do things.

Castiel

Reaction score
I guess it really is now or never but at this point I think I'd rather never for Elgin. Although that could seriously damage him in his ROH future.

Castiel

Reaction score
Well, ROH is officially allowed to announce that Kazarian is coming along with Daniels and in classic (ex-)Bad Influence fashion they did it with hilarity!

[video=youtube;sRegQZ4dgKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRegQZ4dgKg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Will there be punks watching this tonight and does anyone have a stream? I'll be here for sure if the answer to both of those questions is yes.

Castiel

Reaction score
I just came to unsticky the thread but an LD would've been sweet, Brando! I never watched until the day after though. If you haven't, I suggested checking out the show. It was really good if you ask me. Both tags and the opening 6 man mayhem especially. Results below:

1. ACH won a six-man mayhem match also featuring Caprice Coleman, Tadarius Thomas, BJ Whitmer (w/Adam Page), Tommaso Ciampa and Takaaki Watanabe when ACH pinned Thomas with a 450 splash.
As a result of his victory, ACH earned a future RoH TV title shot>

2. Jay Lethal defeated Matt Taven via pinfall (Lethal Combination) to retain the RoH TV title.
During the match, Truth Martini was handcuffed to the ring post to prevent interference.

3. Cedric Alexander submitted Roderick Strong (W/Adam Page, Tadarius Thomas) with the Strong Hold in a submission match.

4. The Briscoes defeated Matt Hardy and Michael Bennett (w/Maria Kanellis & Nick Searcy) by DQ.
The match was immediately restarted by Nigel McGuinness, and made into a no-dq match.

4. The Briscoes defeated Matt Hardy and Michael Bennett (w/Maria Kanellis & Nick Searcy) via pinfall (Jay Driller to Hardy).

5. Kevin Steen pinned Silas Young with a Package Piledriver.

6. Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly beat Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian via submission to retain the ROH Tag Titles.

7. Michael Elgin defeated Adam Cole via pinfall (powerbomb) to win the ROH Title.