• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ring Of Honor in 2011

Montana

Reaction score
All the smoke has settled off a sucessful 2010, and ROH rolls into 2011 with a new booker, and a lot of momentum. Lots of questions the ROH fans are asking these days, a lot of what ifs, and who will's? 2010 saw the return of Christopher Daniels, Homicide, and the debut of WGTT.

Roderick Strong - How long can he hang onto the world title???

- After two major title defenses, it appears Roddy will NOT be a transitional champ. Roddy has earned his spot as world champ, and it appears he will be a fighting champ. Likely candidate to dethrone the champ is Davey Richards, but there are lots of dark horses as well.

El Generico - What's next in 2011?

- After the biggest win of his career, he has cemented his spot as a solo star, and a main event slot appears open for El Generico. Will he take the title? Probably not, but some good feuds could come out of it.

World Greatest Tag Team - Next Tag Champs?

- Most likely, but these guys should be able to bring more than that to the table in 2011. I'm talking Shelton vs. Roddy for the ROH title, Eddie Edwards vs. Charlie Haas, WGTT vs. Briscoes, WGTT vs. Cole/Reily (Present vs. future)

Homicide - Returning to ROH, with an undefeated streak...

- But yet, in a slump in terms of performance in matches. But has he really been tested yet? Homicide to ROH can only lead to great storylines, and intense fueds. I would be surprised if ROH couldn't pull off a good fued with him.

Low Ki - Could he return???

- I think we all have our fingers crossed. Rottweillers reunion?

The Crop of rookies to ROH - Who will be the stand out?

- Adam Cole, Kyle Reily, Mike Bennett, Andy Ridge and the Bravado Brothers will likely see an increase in action in 2011, and we will figure out who will be the standout. Bennett has gotten a great push thus far, but will he live up to the hype. Reily has been pretty sucessful so far. Cole made it into the SOTF finals match. Who knows what these guys will accomplish in 2011.

Kevin Steen - Will he return, and how?

- He's still under an ROH contract. It will be interesting to see steen weasel his way back in.

Briscoes - Heel turn?

- NYC has been boo'ing everyone favorites, and now that WGTT has came along as the face tag team to beat, it makes sense for the Briscoes to turn.

- ROH - New Faces

- Will ROH run into the same problem as TNA with multiple stars returning/debuting clogging up the main event scene for ROH homegrown talent? I know it's a long shot, but it can happen with more emphasis on increase buyrates and profits.

Several other unknowns for guys like Colt Cabana, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Steve Corino, The All Night Express, The embassy. Will Daniels/Kings hang onto their titles for long in 2011? Will A Double, Austin Aries return?

What's your take on 2011??????

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I haven't watched many of Roddys matches since he became champ but I've read of them and I quite like what theyve been doing with him, I'm glad he's had the belt for awhile, he's worked hard for an extremely long time and I think he really deserves the belt. I hope he continues to defend the belt the way he has been and holds onto the strap for a few more months. There's still heaps of matches I'd like to see between Roddy and title contenders. I like to see Strong take on the likes of Daniels, Homicide, Benjamin and/or Haas, Aries (their previous matches have been good, I'd like to see them again for the belt), Chris Hero because along with Roddy is one of my fave ROH wrestlers and the main match I'd like to see would be Roddy Vs Generico, my to top ROH Wrestlers, it probably wouldn't make for a great feud but they would have some awesome matches, Generico deserves more title matches and maybe he could eventually win the belt.

I'm a huge fan of Generico, he really deserves to be in title contention, I don't mind what he does in 2011 just as long as he's up against good opponents it'll be good to watch his matches. Keep him out of the tag division, he's done as much their as he possibly can for the time being so unless its just for the occasional special tag match otherwise keep him out of tag team action. I'd definitely like to see Generico wearing gold at sometime throughout the year.

WGTT need to continue to prove themselves in ROH, they need to put on some good matches with the Briscoes, KOW and the rest before seeing them in a feud over the belts. If they put on great matches and continue to get the crowd behind them then I'm all for them to become tag Champs and I see them holding the belts midway through next year. Haas is the man!

I think a Briscoes heel turn would be good, keep them fresh, don't make them stale by keeping them face for to long. Briscoes could get jealous or something of the WGTT and then they turn heel and feud with eachother which would be good.

2011 looks to be a good year for ROH and I'm excited for it.

Montana

Reaction score
SO maybe we can transfer this thread into what matches/feuds would you like to see in 2011.

Off the bat, I'm looking foward to ROddy vs. Eddie Edwards. Roddy vs. Davey again, and Davey vs. Eddie down the road. Maybe even a 3 way with Edwards, Strong, and Richards.

Briscoes vs. Culter Bros feud.

All Night Express and WGTT feud.

Corino (face) vs. Homicide (heel)

More Omega

Kyle O Reily push....perhaps Reily vs. Richards, Strong, others.

Reaction score
Edwards vs. Strong vs. Richards would be so sick. 2011 should be a dynamite year for Eddie Edwards.

The one particular thing I care about in ROH is to see how Cole & O'Reilly take off. They seem to be so good so early on.

Edward 3:16

Reaction score
This will be a very interesting i'll say transition year for ROH now that they are moving away from HDnet. I'm interested to see were they go

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Homicide and El Generico should take up the main event. Im a little iffy on Generico, but Homicide seems to fit in quite well.

Montana

Reaction score
I guess it seems like ROH is trying to work out a similar deal with TNA as they had in the past where wrestlers could wrestle for both companies. Like what christopher Daniels is doing now. Generico and TJP had tryouts, but nothing has been said about them getting deals.

As far as Homicide in the main event picture, yes and no. It seems like the fans haven't been very impressed with his in ring work since his return. To Homicides defense, he has been working though injuries. I could him being used in a major feud not involving the world title later this year.

Reaction score
The TJP/Generico tryouts were quite some time ago. TNA would have offered them deals by now and would have already misused them. TJP would be in Generation Me as Nathan Buck and Generico would have been named Jushin Lightning Liger.

Montana

Reaction score
Slow start to ROH this year. Normally they are setting up for some big feuds this year; however nothing ground breaking is going on now. The lack of build up for the 9th anniversary show dissappoints me.