Ring of Honor General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just watched this episode and unsurprisingly EC3 is making the absolute best of this "reimagining" lmao like this shit was built for him

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH TV Preview: World Champion Bandido Faces PJ Black; Willow, Mandy Leon Collide In No. 1 Contender’s Match
533preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:”

Non-Title Match: ROH World Champion Bandido vs. PJ Black
This is Bandido’s final match before he defends the ROH World Championship against Jonathan Gresham in the main event at Final Battle: End of an Era on Dec. 11.

While Bandido may consider this a tune-up match, Black sees it as a chance to prove that he has been unfairly overlooked when it comes to championship opportunities. The veteran from South Africa has never received a shot at the ROH World Title.
Black, who is Flip Gordon’s personal “doctor,” took time out of his therapy sessions with Gordon, who has been diagnosed with retrograde amnesia, to discuss the match against Bandido.

“Bandido, mi ago, you have been given every opportunity under the sun and moon to be where you are, and right now you’re king of the mountain,” Black said. “But there are guys in the back who deserve this way more than you. I am one of those guys.”
Bandido and Black have met in one-on-one matches twice before, in 2019. Bandido prevailed both times in highly competitive bouts.

No. 1 Contender’s Match: Willow vs. Mandy Leon
The winner of this bout will face ROH Women’s World Champion Rok-C for the title at Final Battle.

Willow and Leon earned their spot in this match by winning triple threat bouts. Willow beat Angelina Love and Miranda Alize, while Leon defeated Allysin Kay and Trish Adora.

Known for her “big hair and bigger smile,” Willow has made a big impact in the ROH women’s division and become a big fan favorite.

Willow has the edge in size and power, but Leon has wrestled all over the world and defeated some of the top stars in the sport. Plus, Leon knows every trick in the book thanks to her association with fellow Allure member and seven-time world champion Angelina Love.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Willow winning was fucking great, love that they're doing her vs Rok-C at Final Battle, they were really going in the right direction for this women's division

Main event was weird and I hate the dumb ending they did to turn it into a tag match bc it rivals WWE in stupidity lmao but once it became a tag the action was pretty fun. Bit of a letdown overall tho, but Gresham cut a great fucking promo about what winning the belt would mean to him despite the current ROH circumstances which closed the show so that made up for it

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH TV Preview: EC3 Meets Eli Isom; PCO And Sledge Battle In Falls Count Anywhere Match
534preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:”

EC3 vs. Eli Isom
Two weeks after defeating “The Franchise of ROH” Jay Lethal, EC3 now looks to take down one of the company’s most promising young stars in Isom.

EC3, who has one of the most sculpted physiques in pro wrestling, has been at the top of his game as of late, as he’s won his past three one-on-one matches in ROH.

However, EC3 remains an enigma. Fans seem divided on whether to cheer or jeer him.

While EC3 continues to speak in riddles about controlling narratives, finding purpose and not conforming, Isom’s motivation for this match is clear and simple: He knows a victory over the two–time former TNA World Champion would be the biggest win of his career to date.

A breakthrough win for Isom appears to be just a matter of time. Over the past few months, he has come within an eyelash of defeating former ROH World Champion Dalton Castle and then-ROH World Television Champion Dragon Lee.

Falls Count Anywhere: PCO vs. Sledge
The relationship between PCO and Sledge is complicated.

It was dislike at first sight when the two big men met during a battle royal. After an intense, hard-hitting exchange, PCO eliminated Sledge from the match.

Sledge subsequently challenged PCO to a match. The bout degenerated into a brawl and both men were disqualified.
Despite the bad blood between PCO and Sledge, Danhausen somehow convinced them to team with him in pursuit of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title. PCO and Sledge managed to coexist for a brief period of time, but they ultimately ended up trying to destroy each other.

Now they’ll have an opportunity to do exactly that.

Chelsea Green vs. Miranda Alize
Green and Alize have been in the ring together prior to coming to ROH and in tag matches here, but this is the first one-on-one meeting between two of the women’s division’s top competitors.

The ultra-aggressive Alize has been impressive from the first moment she stepped into an ROH ring in May. “The Lucha Baddie” has only been pinned once in ROH, and that was in the ROH Women’s World Title Tournament final against Rok-C in September.
Green, a star in multiple promotions, was victorious in her ROH in-ring debut over Ashley Vox in October.

NOTE: If you can’t wait until this weekend to see the Green-Alize match, it also is featured on this week’s episode of Women’s Division Wednesday on YouTube.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bro I'm watching this episode and at one point during the main event while Dalton Castle is on commentary, he brings the baby chicks out, and he starts "feeding them" and EC3 catches a glipse of it and just has the best WTF face ever :heston

OH MY FUCK AS I WAS TYPING THAT......Dalton starts screaming about meat slapping each other in the ring like a madman and since there's no crowd EC3 heard him and he screams back "OH YOU LIKE THAT MEAT!?" :lmao I"m absolutely dead

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man one thing I just noticed....you know in taped shows how when commentary was live but they dub some later stuff in for like replays or commercials and it sounds so obviously different and noticeable? Happens to everyone, even my favorites like Taz, Excalibur, Nigel, etc. But fucking Ian Ricabonni is impeccable lol I know some of this stuff has to be added in post but it's the exact same.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Man, there's some absolute hidden gems in ROH's Youtube library. I think I'm just going to keep making my way through these. Just about finished watching this 6 man tag from Unity 2012. So fucking cool to see where Cole and Lethal have progressed since this match-up. Pacing was excellent, really enjoyed it. I wasn't aware Orange Cassidy was the red one until after the match when I looked up The Colony's wikipedia page. I have a feeling Juice might have told me but I forgot about it. Really cool to learn. Probably the most I've seen him wrestle maybe come to think of it. :lol

Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I watched The Colony regularly and was a fan....didn't know OC was Fire Ant until like this year sometime I'm pretty sure lol

• Wow
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Next on the list seeing as The Briscoes got me hyped up recently, plus this sounds baller by the title:

Also, I'm fucking curious to see Eddie in ROH. Like, there's so many guys I've become fans of in AEW and realise they have had matches here. It's wild. Keep learning new shit all the time.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It'd be a shorter list to name the people in WWE and AEW that never worked for ROH tbh, especially AEW

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH TV Preview: Former Top Prospect Tournament Winners Josh Woods and Dak Draper Square Off In Special Top Prospect Episode
preview535.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:

ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods vs. Dak Draper
This is the first one-on-one match between the past two Top Prospect Tournament winners. Woods won the tournament in 2017, and Draper won it in 2019.

Woods is coming off a successful defense of his ROH Pure Title against Brian Johnson at Final Battle: End of an Era last week. He hasn’t been defeated in ROH since May, when Silas Young scored a tainted win over “The Technical Beast.”
Draper has been teaming with his mentor Dalton Castle as of late. This will be “The Mile High Magnum’s” first singles match in ROH since August.

In addition to both men being TPT winners, they also both came through WWE’s developmental system before making their way to ROH.

Dante Caballero vs. Matt Makowski
Caballero, who made it to the semifinals of the 2019 Top Prospect Tournament, has made several appearances on ROH TV over the past year. He and Joe Keys defeated Ken Dixon and Eric Martin in an ROH Dojo tag team match on Ring of Honor Wrestling last December.

A native of Puerto Rico, Caballero held the MCW Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Title for 433 days in 2018-2019.
Makowski made his ROH debut with an impressive victory over Ativalu on ROH Week By Week in October. A former MMA fighter, Makowski made his pro wrestling debut in 2019.

Outside of ROH, Makowski has victories over Tracy Williams, Davy Richards, Chris Dickinson, Rhett Titus, Wheeler Yuta and O’Shay Edwards.

Joe Keys vs. Eric Martin vs. Adrian Soriano vs. Rayo
All four of these competitors have trained at the ROH Dojo.

Keys has had the most success in ROH of the four to this point. He won a Pure gauntlet match in January to earn an ROH Pure Title shot against then-champion Jonathan Gresham, who is one of Keys’ coaches. Key didn’t defeat Gresham, but the student did give the teacher some anxious moments.

At 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, Martin is the biggest competitor in the match. He has made several appearances on ROH TV and ROH Week By Week, gaining valuable experience wrestling the likes of Dickinson, The Bouncers and World Famous CB.

As a member of Primal Fear, Soriano has competed against the best six-man tag teams in ROH. They gave a good account of themselves in a title match against then-ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions Shane Taylor Promotions in May. Primal Fear also held their own against MexiSquad and The Righteous.

Rayo has wrestled in a number of dark matches in ROH but this will be his first appearance on Ring of Honor Wrestling. A native of Lima, Peru, Rayo has made a name for himself in MCW Pro Wrestling and CZW.​

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH TV Preview: Holidead Challenges Rok-C For ROH Women's World Title; Josh Woods, Brian Johnson Are Rival Team Captains In Christmas Surprise 12-Man Tag Match
536preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:

ROH Women’s World Title Match: Champion Rok-C vs. Holidead
Holidead won a Four Corner Survival Match over Trish Adora, Quinn McKay and Vita VonStarr to earn a title shot.

Holidead and Rok-C have never faced each other in singles competition, but they were on opposite sides in a tag team match on a recent episode of Women’s Division Wednesday. In that bout, Holidead more than held her own against the champion.

The bizarre challenger has a significant size and power advantage, not to mention a vicious streak, but Rok-C is brimming with confidence after successfully defending her title against Willow at Final Battle two weeks ago.

Will Rok-C end this era of ROH as the champion? Or will Holidead bring the title with her to the other side of darkness?

Annual Christmas Surprise 12-ManTag Match
This is always a fun and festive holiday treat, but this year’s Christmas Surprise will be bigger than ever, as it’ll be a 12-man tag match instead of the usual 10-man tag.

ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods and ROH’s resident Grinch Brian Johnson have been named team captains. They will select their team members at random by drawing names out of Christmas packages. That means rivals could become partners and allies could become opponents.

While the participants and fans always have a good time with the Christmas Surprise match, there are stakes,as the winning team receives a hefty Christmas bonus. As for the losing team, it’s coal in their stockings!​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just stop this shit already