Ring of Honor General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Tyler Rust debuting is cool Atlas doesn't feel like he fits roh tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
521preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:”

ROH World Tag Team Title Match: Champions Chris Dickinson & Homicide of Violence Unlimited vs. Dragon Lee & Kenny King of La Facción Ingobernable
When Lee was unable to defend the ROH World Television Title and ROH World Tag Team Title in March because he was recovering from an injury, both titles were defended unsuccessfully on his behalf.

Lee got one of the championships back when he defeated Tony Deppen for the ROH World Television Title at Best in the World in July. Now he’s coming for the other one with King.

While Lee is looking to become a double champion for the second time, King is seeking his third reign as a co-holder of the tag team title.

This is the first title defense for Dickinson and Homicide, who captured the title from The Foundation (Rhett Titus and Jonathan Gresham) at Best in the World.

This match between members of Violence Unlimited and La Faccion Ingobernable could shift the balance of power in the faction warfare that has been raging in ROH.

A win by Lee and King would give LFI two titles and leave VU with none. It could end up being a huge weekend for LFI, as Lee, King and Bestia del Ring challenge Shane Taylor Promotions (Taylor and Soldiers of Savagery’s Moses and Kaun) for the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sunday.

ROH World Champion Bandido & Rey Horus vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe
Since resolving their differences in the Fight on the Farm two months ago, the Briscoes have embarked on a quest to win their 12th ROH World Tag Team Title.

Dem Boys are 2-0 thus far and currently No. 4 in the rankings, but this will be their toughest test to date.

Bandido solidified his status as one of the best wrestlers in the sport by defeating RUSH for the ROH World Championship at Best in the World. He and Horus have had success as a tag team -- including a win over Brody King and Dickinson last month -- and are former co-holders of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title.

Pure Rules Match: Josh Woods vs. Will Ferrara
This is Woods’ last match before he faces ROH Pure Champion Jonathan Gresham for the title at Death Before Dishonor. Woods is at the top of his game, and Ferrara only wrestles sporadically these days, but “The Technical Beast” should not view this as merely a tune-up match.

Ferrara decided to be a coach at the ROJ Dojo and reduce his schedule as an active wrestler, but he keeps himself in great shape, is barely 30 and is an outstanding wrestling technician. A victory over Woods would prove to everyone that he’s still a threat, not a stepping stone.

That said, defeating Woods in a Pure Rules match is a tall task for anyone. Just ask former ROH World Champions Jay Lethal and Dalton Castle, who have both lost to Woods.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This episode of ROH TV is already up on ROH's website early this week. I'm guessing because it has some slight implications for Death Before Dishonor so it'd be better for most people to watch it soon since I've already read the results. I'll check it out tomorrow probably

Reactions: Hoss

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Such a weird episode to air the weekend of your PPV tbh :lol I definitely see why they uploaded it to the website earlier so people could watch before the PPV and the announcers tried to sell why the tag title match was taking place on TV instead pretty well so no big deal, just questionable lol Title change threw me for a loop, but they've really been playing hot potato with the tag and TV titles in the faction war stuff so I'm not too surprised. Love Dragon Lee and Kenny as a team anyway but I was sad to see Dickinson lose. Woods/Ferrara was pretty fun, just a showcase for Woods really but it got me more pumped for Woods/Gresham. Opening tag match was a lot of fun, I think Briscoes are gonna be back in the tag title picture soon too since they've been racking up wins lately.

Reactions: Hoss

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
The Briscoes vs. Horus and Bandido - seems like a weird match on the go-home show.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Wasn't expecting Bandido to lose with Horus at all - felt like a really strange match.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Ferrara vs. Woods has potential - love a bit of Pure

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I do think Woods vs. Gresham is going to be a great match.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
The tag titles getting buried by not even being on the PPV - and this match is lack lustre. Major dissapointment.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
cant believe the title switched hands - in such an average match. Mehhh.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
522preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:”

Pure Rules Match: Mike Bennett vs. Rhett Titus
Bennett and Titus are ranked Nos. 4 and 5, respectively, in the Pure division. Only the top three contenders are eligible to receive a title match for the Pure Championship, so this is an important match for both competitors, who are each looking for another title shot after coming up short against then-champion Jonathan Gresham earlier this summer.

As a member of The Foundation, a faction committed to bringing the Pure style to the forefront of pro wrestling, Titus has the edge in experience over Bennett in Pure rules matches.

However, while Bennett is relatively new to the Pure division, he showed in his match against Gresham and in winning a Pure gauntlet a few months ago that he should not be underestimated.

Pure Gauntlet Match

Six competitors will compete in the match. The names of the competitors will not be revealed prior to the match.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They didn't cut the car shield commercials yet :defeatedrob

Good episode tho, gauntlet was a little slow at times but I loved Brian Johnson winning and actually fucked with Brian Milonas on commentary a lot too.

Rhett/Bennett was awesome. I'm a bona-fide Bennett mark now lol man is a PURE WRESTLER and I never thought I'd say that about him

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Pure Gauntlet:
- World Famous CB looked like a wrestling God in comparison to Martin - I always wonder why they send out some of the ROH Dojo guys out, when they literally look like garbage.

- Hyped for Delirious! I am glad they gave him the win over CB, dude is a throwback in himself - and one of the things that ROH needs is a bit more history boys.

- I'm still massively interested in LSG, I recognise some skills - but just not really buying what he is selling in regards to being an interesting wrestling to watch. Shame that Delirious is out, but it was an clever submission move utilised.

- LSG just made Keyes look like a dick in that match LOL, whoever is next is either going to pick up the scraps or this is a great way for LSG to get a big push on TV time.

- Mecca! This match got interesting again - although at this point it is all, but confirmed that LSG is winning the Gauntlet.

- And as soon as I say it, I got swerved and BJ wins with heel tactics. MECCA making LSG shake his hands, whilst taking to him like he is a bitch. That is just hilarious at this point. A good gauntlet match.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Rhett was one of the few men that actually looked to have a really close match with Gresham, whilst Bennett honestly reminds me of the Dirty Daddy - but a worse version of Dickinson in every aspect. Really hoping this is a win for the Foundation tonight.