Ring of Honor General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
520preview.jpg

Here’s a preview of this weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling:”

Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Soldiers of Savagery’s Moses and Kaun, O’Shay Edwards) vs. La Facción Ingobernable (RUSH, Dragon Lee, Kenny King, Bestia del Ring)
Taylor has been waiting patiently for the right time to exact revenge on his former friend, King, and the rest of LFI. That time is upon us.

During Taylor’s ROH World Title Match with then-champion RUSH in February, King turned on Taylor by hitting him over the head with a chair, which allowed RUSH to retain his title.

Afterward, Taylor said he’s giving King a pass for now because he has other business to tend to.

“As long as you stay on your side of the street, you’ll be safe,” Taylor warned. “But come back over to my side of the street … Kenny, I’m gonna make your mother cry for you.”

King crossed the street when LFI set its sights on the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title held by Taylor and Soldiers of Savagery (Moses and Kaun). That match will take place at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 12.

This eight-man tag match will provide a sneak preview, and one of the teams will head into Death Before Dishonor with momentum on their side.

ROH Women’s World Title Tournament Semifinal: Angelina Love vs. Rok-C
To put this match into context, Love has been wrestling for more years than Rok-C has been alive. However, it’s difficult to say which one of them has the advantage.

Despite being a 21-year veteran, the seven-time former world champion has not lost a step. Despite being just 19 years old, “The Prodigy” has six years of experience and is wise in the ring beyond her years.

Love, who entered the tournament as one of the favorites to win it, received a first-round bye before facing the monstrous Max The Impaler in the quarterfinals. Love won the match by disqualification but absorbed a lot of punishment, specifically to her left shoulder.

Rok-C put the rest of the tournament competitors on notice when she knocked off former Women of Honor World Champion Sumie Sakai in the first round. She went on to score a hard-fought victory over a determined Quinn McKay in the quarterfinals.

Love has a proven track record in big matches, but Rok-C has shown that this stage isn’t too big for her.

ROH Women’s World Title Tournament Semifinal: Miranda Alize vs. Trish Adora
Alize is 2-0 against Adora, having defeated her in a singles match in May and a tag match the following month.

It’s possible that Adora, a skilled technician, just doesn’t match up well with the high-flying “Lucha Baddie.” It’s also possible that Adora, an ardent chess player, learned from those losses and will come into this match with a different strategy.

Alize defeated Alex Gracia in the first round of the tournament and Nicole Savoy, a popular pick to win the tournament, in the quarterfinals. Alize considers Gracia and Savoy two of her best friends, but she was all business against both of them.

Adora beat two talented, hard-hitting veterans to advance to the semifinals. “The Afro-Punk” took down Marti Belle in the first round and former world champion Allysin Kay, another one of the favorites to win the tournament, in the quarterfinals.

In addition to contrasting in-ring styles, Alize and Adora have much different personalities. Alize is brash, while Adora is humble. What they have in common is a burning desire to become ROH Women’s World Champion.

The winners of the semifinal matches will meet in the finals at Death Before Dishonor.​

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

The Week By Week Match this week - should start at the exact time for you pleasure @The Fourth Wall

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I really recommend this match, Dalton Castle character is on form at the moment

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Another banger this week​

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I see Rok-C's name in that preview, I would hope she picks up the W against Angelina. Should be a good match.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Alize/Adora was good af. I think Alize winning was the right choice but at this point I'd just go with Rok-C winning the whole thing so it didn't matter much to me who won this match. Would prefer Alize over Angelina though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What a win by Rok-C :WOW Quite like the Angelina injury angle too bc even though it gives her an out, Rok-C looked smart and vicious af for going for the submission there. Her vs Alize is gonna be great.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Main event was a bit of a clusterfuck, especially at the end. It had it's moments at least but was a bit disappointed. Good show overall tho

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
What a win by Rok-C :WOW Quite like the Angelina injury angle too bc even though it gives her an out, Rok-C looked smart and vicious af for going for the submission there. Her vs Alize is gonna be great.

Yea, probs my fave match from this week I would say. Liked the storytelling. I'm really glad Rok-C is advancing, she is amazing.

Reactions: Chris

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I think the match between Trish and Miranda suffered- because of a massive clash in styles. Adora is a technical wrestler, but Alize, is probably superior in her technical work and that isn't even her main style. I am really happy that The Lucha Baddie advances though, as I really think she has the making of being a legit top tier wrestler in the future

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Rok-C winning as much as I am not surprised - I do think that she beat Angelina far too easily, injury or not. I really do hope that Miranda Alize wins this though, I really don't think The Prodigy is the person that the Women's Division should be built around imo

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
This is why taped matches suck sometimes - when someone is literally injured IRL, but is still turning up on TV

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
LFI vs. STP was just messy - not the best match

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I just watched RoH the other day for the first time in a loooooong time….and I’m wondering why there are no crowds??

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I just watched RoH the other day for the first time in a loooooong time….and I’m wondering why there are no crowds??

Just haven't started doing tapings with fans again for TV since the pandemic started. Their PPVs and monthly specials have live crowds now tho, just not TV

Reactions: Lady Redfield