Rik Mayall dead at 56

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
British comedian and actor Rik Mayall has died aged 56, according to his management team.

He played the obnoxious, poetry-writing anarchist Rick in The Young Ones alongside his friend Adrian Edmondson before the duo later went on to star in their sitcom Bottom.

Mayall also appeared in shows including Blackadder and The New Statesman.

He died at home in London. The Metropolitan Police said the death was not believed to be suspicious.

They said they were called to reports of a sudden death of a man in his 50s at 13:19 BST on Monday, in Barnes in south west London.

London Ambulance Service said "a man, aged in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene".

The actor, who was married with three children, was left seriously ill after a quad bike accident in 1998 which left him in a coma for several days.

Mayall's film roles included the comedies Drop Dead Fred and Guest House Paradiso.

Well, There goes a good British Comedian....He was brilliant in The Young ones and Bottom...Can't say much about his Film roles though. Sad to see him die so suddenly, Was hoping for a new Bottom Series.
R.I.P

Reactions: Brad. and Ovaldinho

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Rik is great, barely anyone played Hogs of War but I did and Rik voice acted in it, he was awesome!

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Really sad news and pretty unexpected considering his age. I'm re-watching 'Comic Strip Presents...'

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
sadly i do remenber Rick in his prime and the young ones was immense at the time, completely off the wall and great to watch, RIP Rick, thx for the shows to watch when i was growing up