Rick And Morty Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a meme if they weren't.
200.gif

True... I guess... But wow, those are bad. I seen the ones you and Nick posted. I would imagine some people likely do it sarcastically but it is scary to think that people find themselves being superior for enjoying a show, a cartoon show for adults. Yes, theere is deep meaning behind some of it which is great but come on. These responses seem to be from 12 to 17 year olds who think they figured out the meaning of life or something. Nothing wrong with enjoying a show but I can see how their enjoyment is sucking the life out of it for everyone else.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
200.gif

True... I guess... But wow, those are bad. I seen the ones you and Nick posted. I would imagine some people likely do it sarcastically but it is scary to think that people find themselves being superior for enjoying a show, a cartoon show for adults. Yes, theere is deep meaning behind some of it which is great but come on. These responses seem to be from 12 to 17 year olds who think they figured out the meaning of life or something. Nothing wrong with enjoying a show but I can see how their enjoyment is sucking the life out of it for everyone else.

It's not just teens, they're channels on YT and podcasts dedicated to breaking down each episode pulling every little morsel of meaning from them like it's a bible, It's honestly ridiculous.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It's not just teens, they're channels on YT and podcasts dedicated to breaking down each episode pulling every little morsel of meaning from them like it's a bible, It's honestly ridiculous.
:eek:hgod:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
So what's everyone's favorite episode so far? I'm torn, but I think Rixty Minutes or Total Rickall.
I always enjoy whodunnit scenarios and mindfuck episodes like the simulation within a simulation one.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
To be fair here, I over analyze the show myself but I do this wither everything. Can't really hate on people for doing it on Youtube. :sadjoey:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
It's not even intelligence that helps you understand this show, it's just observation. A lot of episodes need a second watch as well, you'll pick things up that you didn't consider before. I assume.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
@ Botchie..
I wasnt expecting all that in that video clip. The bleeped out words and such. Then again With it being Adult Swim, I shouldnt be so surprised. Seeing as to I used to watch Adult Swim.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This is the pilot episode if anyone wants to watch it:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Since I only watched it over the course of 5 days or so, I hadn't noticed the fanbase but I am seeing what you mean now. I hope most of these people are not serious...

I haven't had much interaction with them, either. I just know that there are a lot of them that consistently come up with fan theories and put them all over YouTube and such. I don't listen to many of them, but since I spend so much time on YouTube I see them everywhere.

I don't feel the short is smart because it takes someone smart to watch it either. It is well written, pays extremely good attention to detail and keeps you on your toes trying to keep up with the plot. It knows where it is going rather than taking it on the fly. By smart, I'm referring to the fact that it really has good writers who are taking the time to plan it out and write it well.

So what's everyone's favorite episode so far? I'm torn, but I think Rixty Minutes or Total Rickall.

I always enjoy whodunnit scenarios and mindfuck episodes like the simulation within a simulation one.

M. Night. Shaym-Aliens. I think it really defines Rick as the way I most like about him.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I haven't had much interaction with them, either. I just know that there are a lot of them that consistently come up with fan theories and put them all over YouTube and such. I don't listen to many of them, but since I spend so much time on YouTube I see them everywhere.

I don't feel the short is smart because it takes someone smart to watch it either. It is well written, pays extremely good attention to detail and keeps you on your toes trying to keep up with the plot. It knows where it is going rather than taking it on the fly. By smart, I'm referring to the fact that it really has good writers who are taking the time to plan it out and write it well.

M. Night. Shaym-Aliens. I think it really defines Rick as the way I most like about him.

Yup, like Solidus said it is more about spotting things than actually being "intelligent enough" to understand it. It is a cartoon and whether you enjoy it like I do (looking for the smart details) or just laughing at the potty humor, it is a great show that most people can enjoy.

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
I love Rick and Morty as much as the next guy, and it's nice to see the Easter eggs and the continuity.

But the fan base ... Oh dear Lord ... It's worse than any anime's fan base (And I watch a lot of anime)

Reactions: Solidus1

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I haven't watched this show.

But jeez I can't stand the fanbase whatsoever. I'll be checking the show out at some point but it honestly put me off of watching it for the longest time. I was like "Is this the type of person this show appeals to?" and didn't want anything to do with it.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I haven't watched this show.

But jeez I can't stand the fanbase whatsoever. I'll be checking the show out at some point but it honestly put me off of watching it for the longest time. I was like "Is this the type of person this show appeals to?" and didn't want anything to do with it.

Ignore that, this show rules.