Rich Swann arrested again, suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Most rehab stints last from 30 to 90 days. Could be longer depending on the individual.

Idk TNA’s policy but the most well known policy in wrestling is the WWE wellness policy where if they offered rehab and you went, your job was safe.

No guarantee with Swann though. I hope he gets help and doesn’t lose his job. Probably the last thing he needs right now

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I do believe no charges were placed by anyine that called him in either, so whatever the cops have on him legally without that will probably essentially be waived with rehab and maybe probation. I think TNA will only cut him if they're really peeved about it being a surprise to them from a dirt sheet as opposed to knowing their employee had been arrested multiple times

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah, I was going to say that they could be pissed off over fact he was arrested twice, and didn’t tell them either time, and they found out because of that post wrestling calling them for comments. :lol Which I could see them fire him over. Cause personally, if this was Pro Wrestling Sim, and my employee did that? I’m firing them. :krillin2

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
How the fuck do you get arrested and then not fucking tell your employer? That’s fucking dumb as shit, and probably going to have him in even more trouble than if he told them. Idiot.
Bro I had a coworker who was legit charged for welfare fraud and she didn't tell our work, just kept asking for the days of her court appearances off. We all found out about it one morning when someone heard it on news radio that she had been found guilty. Management was quiet for about a month until she was finally gone and my manager at the time said the company had to investigate first but she was fucked from the start.

• Wow
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean if he wasn't actually charged with anything in the past, does he legally have to tell his employer? They aren't his parents...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean if he wasn't actually charged with anything in the past, does he legally have to tell his employer? They aren't his parents...

No, and if there's no media reporting I get why he wouldn't. And if he didn't repeat the offense he would have gotten away with it.

But likewise now that it's out, I can see why TNA would be more mad about that than if he'd have said anything

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like dude didn't even drink and drive or anything. Drank too much a few times and caused some disturbances. Going to rehab. grand scheme of things this is really not a huge deal ?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No, and if there's no media reporting I get why he wouldn't. And if he didn't repeat the offense he would have gotten away with it.

But likewise now that it's out, I can see why TNA would be more mad about that than if he'd have said anything
I sorta get it but it's like such a minor offense that I would consider it none of my employers business unless it was going to land me in jail or possibly not be able to do tapings.

Obviously I get they are a bit annoyed but I can't really see them firing someone for THAT. I am sure they will get over it quickly.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
unless they want an excuse to not pay Rich Swann, I suppose!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I sorta get it but it's like such a minor offense that I would consider it none of my employers business unless it was going to land me in jail or possibly not be able to do tapings.

Obviously I get they are a bit annoyed but I can't really see them firing someone for THAT. I am sure they will get over it quickly.

Oh I don't think he's getting fired. They suspended him and I'm assuming he'll be back assuming no incidents in rehab since legally he should be in the clear. I'm just saying if he were to be fired, it's probably bc they're mad at the communication and specifically making them look unprofessional because they didn't even know about the story when asked for comment

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh I don't think he's getting fired. They suspended him and I'm assuming he'll be back assuming no incidents in rehab since legally he should be in the clear. I'm just saying if he were to be fired, it's probably bc they're mad at the communication and specifically making them look unprofessional because they didn't even know about the story when asked for comment
I suppose a downside to working with WWE is your talent are now going to be under the same microscope

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
They probably have an integrity policy though

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Rich Swann was found guilty by a Florida court on charges of disorderly public intoxication and causing a disturbance on Wednesday, stemming from a June arrest.

Swann is responsible for nearly $500 in fines and legal fees, and is on six months probation. Once the fines are paid and the probationary period is up, the case will be closed.

Swann, a former TNA World Champion currently on suspension by the company, pleaded nolo contendere before the ruling came down. That plea is where a defendant doesn’t admit to guilt, but accepts a conviction as though a guilty plea had been entered.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Rich Swann was found guilty by a Florida court on charges of disorderly public intoxication and causing a disturbance on Wednesday, stemming from a June arrest.

Swann is responsible for nearly $500 in fines and legal fees, and is on six months probation. Once the fines are paid and the probationary period is up, the case will be closed.

Swann, a former TNA World Champion currently on suspension by the company, pleaded nolo contendere before the ruling came down. That plea is where a defendant doesn’t admit to guilt, but accepts a conviction as though a guilty plea had been entered.
So wrist slap?